See magnetic fields on your iPhone/iPad device. Magnetovision generates an image from the x, y, and z components of the magnetometer. Use it to map magnetic fields for conventional or unconventional scientific applications like detecting UFOs and paranormal activity. Draw patterns in the air using a magnet or magnetic object near the device and watch them appear (almost magically) on the screen.
Demo video at:
Please note the following:
1) The magnetometer is in different places on iPhones and iPads.
2) The app is very sensitive. Do not place the device near strong magnetic fields.
3) The location of an object on the screen may be flipped in the horizontal (x) and/or vertical (y) directions depending on whether the magnetic lines of force point towards or away from the device. Use the "Flip X" and "Flip Y" to make the necessary corrections.
4) Tap reset to zero out the earth's magnetic field. Make sure the device is fixed and that there are no other objects near the device when you reset.
5) The false color image auto scales so that the strongest field value detected since the last reset is always red.
6) The slider controls the image smoothing.
Intelligent Gadgets shall not be held responsible for any damage, loss, or liability, whether direct, indirect, or consequential, which arises or may arise from the use of this app by any person or entity.
Updated for newer devices. Screenshot added.
Ratings and Reviews
Fun with magnets
This is a clever idea for visualizing the magnetometer readings. You can see changes in the magnetic field strength and use a magnet to draw patterns on the screen.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.