From ceramic elephants and cookie jars to Margaret Thatcher memorabilia, uncover the private obsessions of artists as we explore their collections and discover how they inspire them in their own work.
Designed to be both visually rich and user-friendly, you’re invited to:
• explore the private collections of renowned artists such as Andy Warhol and Damien Hirst.
• listen to interviews with the artists themselves, including Peter Blake, Howard Hodgkin and Edmund de Waal.
• discover insights from exhibition curators what drives us to collect and why collections matter.
Download this app and use it as a multimedia guide before, during and after the exhibition. If you are unable to visit the exhibition, use it to explore the private collections of artists wherever you are.
Magnificent Obsessions: The Artist as Collector is at the Barbican Centre, London, from 12 Feb 2015 until 25 May 2015.
Improved audio captions, plus some general refinements
- Surface Impression
- 37.6 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Barbican and respective creators
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.