A MAGNIFICENT MAGNIFIER APP!
Turn your mobile into a talking portable electronic video magnifier. Point your camera to any object to enlarge. Choose from different filter modes to help you read text easier. Freeze the image, then save and share, or let your device speak the text to you!
Show the magnified view even bigger on an external display! Connect to an external screen with a cable, or wirelessly to your Apple TV with AirPlay.
Ideal for people with low vision conditions. The main developer of this app is visually impaired, and therefore understands the needs of people with low vision. This is an indispensable tool that you will use every day. No need to buy expensive video magnifiers - all you need is this app!
- One hand operation. Super easy to use.
- Powerful digital magnification.
- Low vision filter modes: Normal, Invert Colors, Yellow/Black, Black/Yellow.
- Full screen mode - tap screen to hide all the buttons.
- Light on/off.
- Focus lock.
- Freeze frame.
- Fast auto-focus.
- Next/Previous mode toggle.
- Large buttons and icons.
- VoiceOver accessibility integration.
- Status indicator.
- Operate in Landscape and Portrait orientation.
- Works on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
- Increased magnification up to 16x.
- Additional filter modes: Yellow/Blue, Blue/Yellow, Green/Black, Black/Green, Red/Black, Black/Red.
- Fullscreen magnification on an external screen. Connect with a cable accessory (HDMI or VGA), or wirelessly to your Apple TV with AirPlay.
- Save and share freeze frame images.
- Image stabilisation (on supported devices).
- Recognise and Speak the text on freeze frame!
- External screen and AirPlay support.
- Improved zoom mechanism.
- Focus lock.
- Save and share freeze frames.
- Speak text on freeze frame.
Ratings and Reviews
I'd buy that for a dollar
I have an ipod touch running the 7.1 ios. first thing you need to know if you are visually impaired is to Shut off the voice over feature on your I device. The Magnificent app demo features are not all turned on is the second thing to know. All that you can demo, is the magnifier and the light to illuminate what you are looking at. Which is not too shabby i must say, The magnifier gives you decent zoom capability using the pinch gesture (which as I said, only works with vo off) Once you turn vo back on the app activates the front back toggle button. Making the alternate method of zooming (tapping the screen) useless. So turn vo off and keep it off for the purposes of the demo. turning on the light is very good while the magnifier is on to help read stuff in dim environments. you can also double tap and hold the light button and a slide scale appears allowing you to adjust brightness. Very nice, feature. The split screen is also nice because you can see a portion magnified and unmagnified. that can come in handy sometimes. That's all I can say about this because it looks like you have to pay a token amount to see the contrast controls, the text read aloud feature and various contrast settings. I will review those as soon as I find 100 pennies. (grin)
Magnificent is now one of my favorite magnification apps for IOS. The performance of the image, especially when using alternate color modes is better than other similar apps I've tried. I'm especially curious to see if the performance increases with the extra camera control allowed in the upcoming IOS 8.
Great distance viewing, too!
Love this app. I highly recommend it. My client saw the grocery store aisle signs for the first time using this app. I like the stabilization and higher magnification levels from the in-app purchase. Thank you for making the base app free.
I don't expect excellent OCR for $2.99. ;)
Easier to find this app by searching for Mobilica.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.