The original and still the best. The New York Times: Gadgetwise - App of the Week!!!
"Of the several [magnification apps] I tried my favorite is Magnifying Glass from I-Beam. The iPhone app is simplicity itself. Turn it on, point the camera at the fine print and then touch the plus button until it is enlarged enough to read...
"Two other built-in features I like about Magnifying Glass: the button that instantly resets the image to low magnification and the camera button which lets you take a photo of your close up." - Roy Furchgott, New York Times
Magnifying Glass is a convenient, fun, easy-to-use magnifying glass for your iPhone and iPad. With infinite zoom, the ability to rotate, freeze, filter and enhance the view, and full control over focus and exposure settings, Magnifying Glass is the most powerful app in its class. Magnifying Glass is also a fully functional zoomable camera! On top of that, it includes a built-in flashlight that is dimmable. Try it today to see why this was the New York Times app of the week!
Magnifying Glass allows you to set focus, torch, and exposure settings on the iPhone and iPad cameras, giving you full control over what you are seeing.
Magnifying Glass features include:
- Infinite digital zoom
- Fully functional zoomable camera
- Ability to freeze the view and further enhance an image
- Built-in flashlight - turn the iPhone torch on and off and have the ability to dim the light
- Rotate the images coming from the camera
- Eight different filters to enhance the live or frozen view
- Special high contrast image filter to reveal hidden details in low light
- Stabilization mode that ensures crisp and sharp images are captured
- Support for both the front and back cameras
- Several interface themes or skins so you can personalize the app to your liking
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Very useful app
This is a high quality and very useful application to be used in many things . The only difficulty for me is the camera button position at the left side which is not comfortable for the right hand thumb and causes loss of focusing and movement blurring .I hope this problem to be fixed by making the button customizable.
Picture looked different in photos than it did on the freeze screen. Photo showed no clear details as it did on freeze
Just found out about the app. Downloaded it and I love it.
- Jeff Hanel
- 20.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © I-Beam 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade $1.99
- Filters $0.99
- Themes $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.