Maidenhead Converter is a simple tool that translates between latitude and longitude coordinates and Maidenhead Grid Locator System coordinates.
If you're an amateur radio operator who communicates locations in the Maidenhead Locator System, or just someone who wants a shorthand way of expressing latitude and longitude, this tool will be useful to you.
- Track your current location in both latitude and longitude coordinates as well as Maidenhead Locator System coordinates at the same time
- Enter a latitude and longitude coordinate to see its Maidenhead Locator System equivalent, or vice versa
- View locations and a Maidenhead grid on a built-in map
• Fixed a crash when sending the app to the background
Ratings and Reviews
Great app. Looks good... works well. No issues. I only wish it went to 10 characters.
Simple and easy
Great straight, forward app. Easy to use.
There's not a lot to say here, this just does what it's supposed to. You can use it to get your current grid square, with precision all the way out to eight characters, or it will convert from latitude and longitude to grid square and vice versa. An added bonus is that it will let you zoom all the way into a map and see the actual location. I tried this with my own a character grade square and sure and off the pain was right on top of my house. Nicely done!
- Donald Hays
- 15 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2016 Donald Hays
- In-App Purchases
- Ad Disabler $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.