By Jianming Chen
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
A simple Notifier for Gmail, with multiple accounts support. (formerly Gmail Notifr)
* Support multiple accounts
* Support hosted account
* Check new mail at specified interval
* Open accounts in different browsers
* Separate check and notification setting for each account
* Enable/Disable account (checking)
* Sound and notifications
* Compose mail (open in Gmail)
* Small & fast
* Mailto handler
Your Gmail passwords are stored with Keychain in secure.
How to use Google 2-Step Verification:
Follow these instructions to generate an App password and use that with Mail Notifr: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833
How to customize Notification:
In OS X System Preferences - Notificatins, select 'Mail Notifr' from the left 'In Notification Center' list and adjust settings.
How to configure Mailto handler:
In Mail.app - Preferences - General, select 'Mail Notifir.app' from 'Default email reader'.
* Gmail™ is a trademark of Google Inc.
What's New in Version 1.3.5
* Fix a bug from the future.
Exactly what I needed...
This is exactly what I needed for a long time...
even lets me choose to open each email in which browser!
Hope you add support for other services like outlook or personal domain emails.
If you have two google mail accounts, one private and one from google business; after adding into it.
This notifier can only recognise one account; another one has a complete failure.
Do not how to say about this, maybe I am a fool:)
Lacks @FA oauth support
Does not fully support 2 Factor authentication through the modern oauth protocol instead we are required to generate a less secure 'application specific password.' It if wasn't for tha this would be a perfet lightweight Gmail notification app.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 24, 2015
- Version: 1.3.5
- Size: 0.8 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Jianming Chen
- © 2015 James Chen
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor