By Mindsense LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Experience intuitive email with a simple, task-oriented approach!
Quickly manage & productively organize your inbox with Mail Pilot.
Featured as a Best New App by Apple — #1 Paid App in over 50 countries
• MacLife: "keeps users as close to inbox zero as humanly possible"
• Lifehacker: “if you treat email like a task, Mail Pilot is a great way for organizing it”
• TUAW: “For the first time in recent memory, I had an empty inbox. A couple days later, I was caught off-guard when the reminders kicked in and let me know I actually had stuff to do. And, I did them.”
featured by TechCrunch, The New York Times, Wired, Cult of Mac and more.
Finally, you can interact with email the way you already think about it. Mail Pilot simplifies email with a task-oriented approach. From deleting an advertisement to remembering to pay your cell phone bill, all messages are action-based.
COMPLETE YOUR MESSAGES
When you’re done with a message, simply change its status from Incomplete to Complete, just like a to-do list. Gone are the days of tricking your email client by toggling “mark as unread”.
SET REMINDERS FOR MESSAGES
Set a reminder for a message and Mail Pilot will prompt you when it’s time to deal with it. Free your inbox of messages you can’t yet tackle and never miss a meeting, bill, delivery or due date again.
ORGANIZE YOUR WAY
Mail Pilot complements any workflow and empowers you to become better organized.
• Organize based on message status – as Incomplete, Complete or set for Reminder.
• Collect groups of related messages – across all of your accounts using Lists.
• Folders and labels – can be accessed and utilized anytime.
SET ASIDE MESSAGES FOR LATER
Easily achieve Inbox Zero — Set Aside messages that can’t be organized immediately and drill through them when you have more time.
SIMPLY COMPATIBLE WITH IMAP EMAIL ACCOUNTS*
Add all of your Google, iCloud, Yahoo!, Outlook.com, AOL, standard IMAP, or IMAP-enabled Exchange email accounts. Mail Pilot remains securely synchronized with your email servers and other clients. Mail Pilot is not compatible with POP accounts because they do not allow two-way synchronization.
SECURE & PRIVATE
Mail Pilot never stores, processes, or transmits your data through any third-party servers. All of your account information, passwords, personal data, and messages are securely stored on your device. All communication occurs directly between your device and your email server.
Get notified of new messages with fully-integrated system notifications as new messages are pushed to your Inbox.
Seamlessly send messages from an email address that you have forwarded to another account. Add signatures and customize the From Name for each of your aliases.
View conversations intuitively with Nested Threading. Browse and filter long threads to find clarity and context. Add to the conversation quickly and naturally with in-line reply.
FIRST CLASS KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS
Every common action is an intuitive keystroke away. We designed keyboard shortcuts to be a headline feature and not an afterthought.
GET IN TOUCH
Mail Pilot was initially funded on Kickstarter in 2012 and is created by Mindsense LLC — a small, bootstrapped company based in Blacksburg, Virginia. We’d love to hear from you.
• Mail Pilot Support: http://www.mailpilot.co/support.html
• Founders Email (Alex & Josh): email@example.com
* Mail Pilot for Mac is compatible with standard IMAP accounts. It is not compatible with POP accounts or Exchange accounts without IMAP enabled. For security reasons, Mail Pilot for Mac does not allow SMTP accounts that do not support authentication. Mail Pilot requires that servers support some common IMAP extensions. If you are concerned about compatibility with your own server, contact us.
What's New in Version 1.4
This version contains an all new message list, a Yosemite-styled source list, and more.
- See more messages in your message list – the new combined subject and preview text allows you to see more of your content and matches the new Mail Pilot 2 for iPhone and iPad.
- New fonts fit better with the system
- Fixed a number of bugs in the message list
- Source list is now translucent and vibrant on Yosemite
- Fixed the notorious keychain bug. Now keychains update smoothly when you have to edit your passwords or re-add your accounts.
- Enhancements and bug fixes under the hood
Reply Window is Still Unusable
I want to like this app, but the deal breaker for me is that I’m forced to work within a tiny window when replying to a message, and apparently, this still hasn’t been addressed.
To clarify, when you reply to a message-- the lower 1/4 of the screen simply displays the reply area (along with the upper 3/4 of Mail Pilot’s window which is used to display the email thread). These areas are fixed— i.e., you can’t click and drag the top of the reply area to increase its height, and, you can’t pop up the reply area into a window to make it larger. You’re forced to compose your reply within an area that is only 16 lines of text tall. Great if you’re sending short text messages all day long or sending a short message via a web form. Not so great if you’re replying to lengthy emails all day.
This is a terrible oversight and their support team offered no work-around. Had I known this, I would not have purchased Mail Pilot for Mac, nor for my iOS devices. Hopefully, this will be fixed in 2.0.
One major flaw
I like Mail Pilot. I had some problems setting up my gmail accout which I resolved. I had to change my gmail account to 2-step authentication and then it worked very well.
A small problem is that Mail Pilot does not work with Spam Sieve. Spam Sieve said they have offered to help.
The major flaw is customer support or should I say the lack of it. They have an excellent error report form on which they say they will get back to you, usually within one business day. I am still waiting after 5 days for an acknowledgment. If they allow trying before buying they make no mention of it.
Great email app
Mail Pilot is an excellent email application. It’s workflow and unique features have really imacted my daily email routine. It is intuitive to use and it’s features are brilliantly simple and have helped me be way more productive in my inbox.