** Happy Frog Apps are featured on FunEducationalApps.com. TeachersWithApps.com, Appolicious.com, iHeartThisApp.com **
'Main Idea-Short Texts' helps kids who have trouble with reading comprehension. Identifying the main idea is a key part of reading comprehension as it allows you to figure out ‘what a text is about'.
'Main Idea -Short Texts' builds this comprehension skill step-by-step until mastery.
Accolades for the first app in the Main Idea series...
***** 5 Stars - Thank you for this app! Other software I’ve used has moved too quickly for my son. This one worked!
***** 5 Stars - This app is one the best education apps I have used with my little one. It really helps to improve his reading abilities. He is obsessed with passing the levels and it never let him disappointed. One of the few apps that worth to upgrade to premium version.
'Main Idea - Short Texts' is targeted to children in Grades 2-5 who can read the words, but don't understand what they read. Beginning readers in earlier grades can also benefit from the targeted skill development.
The focus of 'Main Idea - Short Texts' is teaching kids how to identify the main idea of a paragraph. The skill is built incrementally using visual guides.
- Builds comprehension skills step-by-step until mastery.
- Incremental learning. New levels are unlocked only when your child is ready.
- Frustration-free learning. Your child will always be guided to the correct answer.
- Fun and engaging Reward Center to increase motivation.
- Easy parental review. Just check out the stars to see how your child is doing.
- Content designed by professional teachers and researchers.
- Advanced levels include timers to ensure fluency. Research shows fluency in the foundation skills is critical to reading comprehension.
- Can be used independently (just hand it over: your child will know what to do!) or with a therapist/parent for reading intervention.
- Provides extensive reporting for up to 10 students to suit the needs of parents, teachers and therapists.
Our apps are designed for and tested by typical and special needs children. Testers include children with Autism and other special needs. Our apps work for them!
To evaluate the app, download the free version, which has 4 free levels. Additional levels and additional players can be accessed with in-app purchase. If you prefer no in-app purchases, download the School Edition of this app.
While you're thinking about reading, check out our other apps at www.HappyFrogApps.com.
We take customer service very seriously! If you ever have a problem or find that we've missed something, contact us at our website and we will do our best to fix the problem.
We collect NO private information in our app. None! Our apps do not allow unrestricted web access.
Minor tweaks :-)
Ratings and Reviews
I bought several of these educational apps. This one is so specific that students are having a hard time answering the questions correctly and so am I. It's very disheartening to get xxxxxxxxx so many x's in a row because the app is full of 'gotcha' answers. This was an expensive bundle to have so many glitches in it. My kids don't want to play this one at all now, because it makes them feel dumb. Pretty disappointing- try having an unfamiliar adult play it and see if they can get it in one go. If an adult can't a kid will struggle too- it's not a teaching moment if the questions and answers are inconsistent. Ugh.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for your feedback and we're sorry that the app didn't meet your needs. If you have time, we'd love for you to contact us via our website so that we can understand more about your experience. (www.HappyFrogApps.com)
Great app. Really enjoy the feature of "unlocking" to get to the next level. It keeps the students motivated.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.