** Happy Frog Apps are featured on FunEducationalApps.com. TeachersWithApps.com, Appolicious.com, iHeartThisApp.com **
'Main Idea-Short Text' helps kids who have trouble with reading comprehension. Identifying the main idea is a key part of reading comprehension as it allows you to figure out ‘what a text is about'.
'Main Idea -Short Texts' builds this comprehension skill step-by-step until mastery.
Accolades for the first app in the Main Idea series...
***** 5 Stars - Thank you for this app! Other software I’ve used has moved too quickly for my son. This one worked!
***** 5 Stars - This app is one the best education apps I have used with my little one. It really helps to improve his reading abilities. He is obsessed with passing the levels and it never let him disappointed. One of the few apps that worth to upgrade to premium version.
'Main Idea - Short Texts' is targeted to children in Grades 2-5 who can read the words (decode), but don't understand what they read. Beginning readers in earlier grades can also benefit from the targeted skill development.
The focus of 'Main Idea - Short Text' is teaching kids how to identify the main idea of a paragraph. The skill is built incrementally using visual guides.
- Builds comprehension skills step-by-step until mastery.
- Incremental learning. New levels are unlocked only when your child is ready.
- Errorless learning for less frustration. Your child will always be guided to the correct answer.
- Fun and engaging Reward Center to increase motivation.
- Easy parental review. Just check out the stars to see how your child is doing.
- Content designed by professional teachers and researchers.
- Advanced levels include timers to ensure fluency. Research shows fluency in the foundation skills is critical to reading comprehension.
- Can be used independently (just hand it over: your child will know what to do!) or with a therapist/parent for reading intervention.
- Provides extensive reporting for up to 10 students to suit the needs of parents, teachers and therapists.
To evaluate the app, download the free version, which has 4 free levels. Additional levels and additional players can be accessed with in-app purchase. If you prefer no in-app purchases, download the School Edition of this app.
Our apps are designed for and tested by typical and special needs children. Testers include children with Autism and other special needs. Our apps work for them!
While you're thinking about reading, check out our other apps at www.HappyFrogApps.com.
We take customer service very seriously! If you ever have a problem or find that we've missed something, contact us at our website and we will do our best to fix the problem.
We collect NO private information in our app. None! Our apps do not allow unrestricted web access.
Ratings and Reviews
I’m a speech language pathologist, and I’ve often used this app to help reinforce and practice the concept of Main Idea with my students. They especially love to earn all 3 stars!
i think this app has done a wonderful job helping children develop the ability to speed read. challenged ones it gives them the confidence that they can read as fast as normal kids.
useful app for me and my son. My son really likes this app and he usually uses this application everyday to prepare his reading. This app helps him improve his reading skill better
So many gotcha moments in this. I have this for my students, and even I can't get through a level without mistakes. Did the text mention bacon? Well- sort of. It was about bacon and cooking bacon but it didn't say bacon in the excerpt. Several students have felt very disheartened by this game. Some of the other apps by this maker are more clear, but there are many glitches. Petty expensive for an app still in beta test mode. If an adult can't win, how is a struggling student going to feel with a whole row of xxxxxxx ? I'm a tad frustrated
- Janine Toole
- 42.6 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Happy Frog Apps
- In-App Purchases
- Purchase All Levels $2.99
- Upgrade to 10 Players $2.99
- Upgrade to 2 Players $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.