Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
MainStage 3 lets you take your Mac to the stage with a full-screen interface optimized for live performance, flexible hardware control, and a massive collection of plug-ins and sounds that are fully compatible with Logic Pro X.
The Ultimate Live Rig
• Perform live with more than 80 instrument, effect, and MIDI plug-ins or work with Audio Units plug-ins
• Add your sounds from Logic Pro X and GarageBand to bring your studio sound to the stage
• Combine instruments and live audio, such as keyboards and vocals, in a single Patch
• Switch between Patches without stopping sound output or cutting off held notes
• Design rich keyboard Patches using splits and layers, the Arpeggiator, and other MIDI plug-ins
• Perform with stereo or multitrack backing tracks using Playback
• 64-bit architecture uses all the RAM in your system for larger sampled instruments
• Connect your favorite hardware and use it to play and control your plug-ins
• Use USB and MIDI-equipped controllers like keyboards, foot pedals, and drum pads
• Instantly set up a large variety of hardware using automatic device recognition
• Quickly assign hardware knobs, buttons, and faders to onscreen controls
• Manage sophisticated rigs using the Assignments & Mapping overview
Designed for the Stage
• See only what you need during your performance using a customizable, full-screen live interface
• Screen controls adapt for each Patch using Smart Controls
• Smart Controls offer dynamic performance controls that change with each Patch
• Easily view your Mac screen from a distance using a high-contrast, full-screen performance view
• Play deeply sampled, professionally mixed, and fully customizable drum kits provided by Drum Kit Designer
• Perform electronic beats with the Ultrabeat drum machine
• Play classic ’70s- and ’80s-style synthesizer sounds using Retro Synth
• Play faithful models of vintage keyboards with Vintage B3, Vintage Electric Piano, and Vintage Clav
• Perform inspired sounds using a collection of synths that provide analog, wavetable, FM, additive, granular, spectral, and modeling synthesis
• Quickly find sounds or create unique new ones with Alchemy, the ultimate sample manipulation synthesizer
• Play or create a wide variety of rich sampled instruments with the EXS24 Sampler
• Turn your favorite hardware synthesizers into sampled instruments using new Auto Sampler plug-in
• Transform simple ideas into elaborate performances using nine MIDI plug-ins
• Instantly turn a simple chord into a rich performance with the Arpeggiator
• Play a single note to trigger predefined chords with Chord Trigger
• Perform a part and conform notes to a specific scale using Transposer
Creative and Production Effects
• Play your sounds through realistic acoustic spaces using Space Designer convolution reverb
• Use a range of multi-tap, vintage tape, and stereo delays
• Add movement to your tracks with a variety of modulation effects
• Get the perfect mix with a collection of EQs, dynamics, and other mixing tools
Guitar and Bass Gear
• Build your own guitar or bass rig with Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets, and mics
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of delay, distortion, and modulation stompboxes
• Access a full-screen Tuner to quickly get in tune
• Over 1800 instrument and effect Patches
• More than 750 meticulously sampled instruments
• 4600 Apple Loops in modern urban and electronic genres
Minimum System Requirements
• 4GB RAM
• Display with 1280-by-768 resolution or higher
• OS X v10.9.5 or later
• Requires 64-bit Audio Units plug-ins
• 6GB available disk space for minimum install / 45GB hard disk for full Sound Library installation
What's New in Version 3.2.3
This update contains numerous fixes and enhancements including:
• A collection of 27 plug-ins have been redesigned to add Retina support and improve usability
• Numerous improvements to Alchemy including Apple Loops support and 11 new spectral effects
• Alchemy supports 3rd party Expressive MIDI Controllers including products from Roli and Roger Linn Design
• Allows faster changing of your I/O device with large concert files
• Clicking on an instrument layer in the workspace now selects the corresponding channel strip
• Improved VoiceOver support
This update is awesome. Fixed the main bug that I was experiencing (way too much CPU taken up for feedback detection that could not be turned off in 3.2.2). Makes a few UI changes that are key (Mixer can take up more screen space) and has updated plugins! Quicker audio interface switching is also very nice. So far, very impressed.
Mainstage is great. Yes, it has limitations and some things that I still sctrach my head over as to why (like only 16-bit stereo audio recording), but its a fantastic, cheap way to get a bunch of awesome synths and effects going live, which is really useful in combination with a more flexible but less friendly program like Max/MSP.
Problem with sustain pedal when using multitimbral Instrument
Before this update I was able to sustain all of my instument’s sound coming from my pluging (ex. Kotankt) as long as they were in the same patch, but now I can only sustain the instrument sound that goes to channel midi 1. All of the other midi channels (2-16) within that plugin wont recieve sustain information. This bug renders mainstage 3.2.3 useless for me. I had to go back to the 3.2.2 version to be able to play my gig. Please Fix soon!!
Bug in Routing and Saving is PAINFUL!!!
I have several concerts that have large amounts of routing aux busses.
ALL of the Aux busses were renamed and the audio did NOT pass through them like it did using version 3.2.2.
In addition, even though I have unchecked ‘save EXS samples’ in the save options, it still re- saves them (3.2.2 did NOT do this unless they were checked)…. This saving procsess happens EVERY TIME and takes FOREVER and basically hoses my machine EVERY time I hit ‘save’.
So until they fix those two things, I’m sticking with 3.2.2.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 20, 2016
- Version: 3.2.3
- Size: 1.15 GB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2007-2016 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9.5 or later, 64-bit processor