Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
MainStage 3 lets you take your Mac to the stage with a full-screen interface optimized for live performance, flexible hardware control, and a massive collection of plug-ins and sounds that are fully compatible with Logic Pro X.
The Ultimate Live Rig
• Perform live with more than 80 instrument, effect, and MIDI plug-ins or work with Audio Units plug-ins
• Add your sounds from Logic Pro X and GarageBand to bring your studio sound to the stage
• Combine instruments and live audio, such as keyboards and vocals, in a single Patch
• Switch between Patches without stopping sound output or cutting off held notes
• Design rich keyboard Patches using splits and layers, the Arpeggiator, and other MIDI plug-ins
• Perform with stereo or multitrack backing tracks using Playback
• 64-bit architecture uses all the RAM in your system for larger sampled instruments
• Connect your favorite hardware and use it to play and control your plug-ins
• Use USB and MIDI-equipped controllers like keyboards, foot pedals, and drum pads
• Instantly set up a large variety of hardware using automatic device recognition
• Quickly assign hardware knobs, buttons, and faders to onscreen controls
• Manage sophisticated rigs using the Assignments & Mapping overview
Designed for the Stage
• See only what you need during your performance using a customizable, full-screen live interface
• Screen controls adapt for each Patch using Smart Controls
• Smart Controls offer dynamic performance controls that change with each Patch
• Easily view your Mac screen from a distance using a high-contrast, full-screen performance view
• Play deeply sampled, professionally mixed, and fully customizable drum kits provided by Drum Kit Designer
• Perform electronic beats with the Ultrabeat drum machine
• Play classic ’70s- and ’80s-style synthesizer sounds using Retro Synth
• Play faithful models of vintage keyboards with Vintage B3, Vintage Electric Piano, and Vintage Clav
• Perform inspired sounds using a collection of synths that provide analog, wavetable, FM, and physical modeling synthesis
• Play or create a wide variety of rich sampled instruments with the EXS24 Sampler
• Turn your favorite hardware synthesizers into sampled instruments using new Auto Sampler plug-in
• Transform simple ideas into elaborate performances using nine MIDI plug-ins
• Instantly turn a simple chord into a rich performance with the Arpeggiator
• Play a single note to trigger predefined chords with Chord Trigger
• Perform a part and conform notes to a specific scale using Transposer
Creative and Production Effects
• Play your sounds through realistic acoustic spaces using Space Designer convolution reverb
• Use a range of multi-tap, vintage tape, and stereo delays
• Add movement to your tracks with a variety of modulation effects
• Get the perfect mix with a collection of EQs, dynamics, and other mixing tools
Guitar and Bass Gear
• Build your own guitar or bass rig with Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets, and mics
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of delay, distortion, and modulation stompboxes
• Access a full-screen Tuner to quickly get in tune
• Over 1800 instrument and effect Patches
• More than 750 meticulously sampled instruments
• 3600 Apple Loops in modern urban and electronic genres
Minimum System Requirements
• 4GB RAM
• Display with 1280-by-768 resolution or higher
• OS X v10.9.5 or later
• Requires 64-bit Audio Units plug-ins
• 6GB available disk space for minimum install / 35GB hard disk for full Sound Library installation
What's New in Version 3.1.1
• Allows Screen Saver to be disabled when in Perform Mode
• Fixed an issue where expression pedals could not control the input level of audio channel strips
• Key commands that turn parameter values on and off now work correctly
• Resolved a bug where the Download Manager could appear empty
• Additional bug fixes and stability improvements
Possibly the best music app I use.
Yes, you need fast Mac, yes you need enough RAM and SSD, and yes you need right choice of audio interface and its driver, but once you setup your gear in good shape, MainStage is very solid. I’ve been programming and using MainStage for various musicals and theatrical shows on Broadway, the US national tours, the international tours, recordings and sound design sessions and it never let me down. I have 100% confident, and never felt scared to use MainStage in professional, critical condition and I’m recommending it to every single show I’ve been involved with. For instance, I designed keyboard system for Cinderella the US national tour and I use a server Mac mini (quad core i7) with two 512Gb SSDs, 16Gb RAM, RME UCX, NI komplete9 bundle, Omnisphere, and MainStage can handle about 300 patch changes with nearly 1000 plugin instances without a hiccup. I’ve never got a emergency call from players on the tour. I can’t not go back to “hardware” keyboard realm anymore. Enjoy!!
Fixed a few problems…but added more.
I updated to this version and now the outputs are getting mixed up…if I output anything on 1-2 the meter on output 4 shows the same thing as 1-2 even though nothing is really being put put. It just shows it is. I called Apple Support and they said it was normal but I dont think they fully understood what the problem was. I hope they fix this soon. I need a working Mainstage for a show coming up in a few weeks.
Usually great… but CPU overloads in newest update!??
With the newest update… Mainstage faiing completely. Especially using Native Instruments through it, while using sustain pedal the application will grind to a halt. I consistently get a “CPU Overload” error. Even when using BUILT IN instruments!? I have a late 2013 Macbook pro, 2.6GHz i7 and 16 GB of Ram)…
I is definitely not my machine. If this could be remedied quickly that would be great.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 26, 2015
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 779 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2007-2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9.5 or later, 64-bit processor