Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
MainStage 3 lets you take your Mac to the stage with a full-screen interface optimized for live performance, flexible hardware control, and a massive collection of plug-ins and sounds that are fully compatible with Logic Pro X.
The Ultimate Live Rig
• Perform live with more than 80 instrument, effect, and MIDI plug-ins or work with Audio Units plug-ins
• Add your sounds from Logic Pro X and GarageBand to bring your studio sound to the stage
• Combine instruments and live audio, such as keyboards and vocals, in a single Patch
• Switch between Patches without stopping sound output or cutting off held notes
• Design rich keyboard Patches using splits and layers, the Arpeggiator, and other MIDI plug-ins
• Perform with stereo or multitrack backing tracks using Playback
• 64-bit architecture uses all the RAM in your system for larger sampled instruments
• Connect your favorite hardware and use it to play and control your plug-ins
• Use USB and MIDI-equipped controllers like keyboards, foot pedals, and drum pads
• Instantly set up a large variety of hardware using automatic device recognition
• Quickly assign hardware knobs, buttons, and faders to onscreen controls
• Manage sophisticated rigs using the Assignments & Mapping overview
• Compatible with Logic Remote v1.0.3
Designed for the Stage
• See only what you need during your performance using a customizable, full-screen live interface
• Smart Controls offer dynamic performance controls that change with each Patch
• Easily view your Mac screen from a distance using a high-contrast, full-screen performance view
• Play deeply sampled, professionally mixed, and fully customizable drum kits provided by Drum Kit Designer
• Perform electronic beats with the Ultrabeat drum machine
• Play classic ’70s- and ’80s-style synthesizer sounds using Retro Synth
• Play faithful models of vintage keyboards with Vintage B3, Vintage Electric Piano, and Vintage Clav
• Perform inspired sounds using a collection of synths that provide analog, wavetable, FM, and physical modeling synthesis
• Play or create a wide variety of rich sampled instruments with the EXS24 Sampler
• Transform simple ideas into elaborate performances using nine MIDI plug-ins
• Instantly turn a simple chord into a rich performance with the Arpeggiator
• Play a single note to trigger predefined chords with Chord Trigger
• Perform a part and conform notes to a specific scale using Transposer
Creative and Production Effects
• Play your sounds through realistic acoustic spaces using Space Designer convolution reverb
• Use a range of multi-tap, vintage tape, and stereo delays
• Add movement to your tracks with a variety of modulation effects
• Get the perfect mix with a collection of EQs, dynamics, and other mixing tools
Guitar and Bass Gear
• Build your own guitar or bass rig with Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets, and mics
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of delay, distortion, and modulation stompboxes
• Access a full-screen Tuner to quickly get in tune
• Over 1500 instrument and effect Patches
• More than 800 meticulously sampled instruments
• 30 urban and electronic drum machine Patches
• 3600 Apple Loops in modern urban and electronic genres
Minimum System Requirements
4GB of RAM
Display with 1280-by-768 resolution or higher
OS X v10.8.4 or later
Requires 64-bit Audio Units plug-ins
Minimum 5GB of disk space (35GB of optional content available via in-app download)
What's New in Version 3.0.3
• Fixes an issue that caused the audio input to be unavailable with some third party audio interfaces
• Addresses a bug that could cause CPU performance spikes and audio dropouts
• Resolves several issues that could cause MainStage to unexpectedly quit when opening a Concert
can’t play midi sequence ?!?
I just bought it and feel ripped off !!!! The product claims integration with Logic X but can’t play simple midi sequences or Logic Projects containing both midi and audio !?!?!? I have a 30yr old hardware synth that I wish to use I don’t want to be bound by aiff bounces or VST !!! You’d think simple playback of a standard midi file would be the most basic of functions when talking about a live performance rig ???
Sure it’s great as a controller but who has time to twiddle knobs if they are actually playing an instrument.
Did any of you have Studio Vision ? A master sequence that contained subsequences that were both audio & midi and could be triggered by a variety of means ?!?!?!? THAT is what Mainstage is described like ….. but it can’t even keep up with an 15 yrs past defunct product like opcode SVP
I feel Ripped Off … I want my Money back ….. I’m switching to Ableton for live and only using Logic to record and that’s a shame
I’ve been using MS since 2.0 and am glad to see the improvements in 3.0.3, particulary with the Smart display. For what it’s worth, the app works great for me hosting everything from EW Strings to Nexus & VB3. As with more software, there are “quirks” to be found, but the flexibility and the power of the program is wonderful and it's a lot of fun to play live. As a keyboardist, I like to play everything “live”, so backing track functionality is not something I’m concerned about. * note : for 32-bit plugin compatibility check out “32 Lives"
Good for Price, Not User Friendly
For someone that has never used Midi software before, the switch was quite difficult. I feel as if the set up of the application could be cleaned up a bit and simplified. What I’m saying is, if I don’t need to see it, then I don’t really want to. Also, I’m not a fan of the way a concert is set up when I first open it. That set up may work for some people, but I’d prefer an empty pallet as I use faders to control the volume of my sounds instead of using them individualy as the software sets up for you. So basically, good for the price but showy in some aspects and difficult to maneuver.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 22, 2014
- Version: 3.0.3
- Size: 655 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2007-2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8.4 or later, 64-bit processor