Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
MainStage 3 lets you take your Mac to the stage with a full-screen interface optimized for live performance, flexible hardware control, and a massive collection of plug-ins and sounds that are fully compatible with Logic Pro X.
The Ultimate Live Rig
• Perform live with more than 80 instrument, effect, and MIDI plug-ins or work with Audio Units plug-ins
• Add your sounds from Logic Pro X and GarageBand to bring your studio sound to the stage
• Combine instruments and live audio, such as keyboards and vocals, in a single Patch
• Switch between Patches without stopping sound output or cutting off held notes
• Design rich keyboard Patches using splits and layers, the Arpeggiator, and other MIDI plug-ins
• Perform with stereo or multitrack backing tracks using Playback
• 64-bit architecture uses all the RAM in your system for larger sampled instruments
• Connect your favorite hardware and use it to play and control your plug-ins
• Use USB and MIDI-equipped controllers like keyboards, foot pedals, and drum pads
• Instantly set up a large variety of hardware using automatic device recognition
• Quickly assign hardware knobs, buttons, and faders to onscreen controls
• Manage sophisticated rigs using the Assignments & Mapping overview
Designed for the Stage
• See only what you need during your performance using a customizable, full-screen live interface
• Screen controls adapt for each Patch using Smart Controls
• Smart Controls offer dynamic performance controls that change with each Patch
• Easily view your Mac screen from a distance using a high-contrast, full-screen performance view
• Play deeply sampled, professionally mixed, and fully customizable drum kits provided by Drum Kit Designer
• Perform electronic beats with the Ultrabeat drum machine
• Play classic ’70s- and ’80s-style synthesizer sounds using Retro Synth
• Play faithful models of vintage keyboards with Vintage B3, Vintage Electric Piano, and Vintage Clav
• Perform inspired sounds using a collection of synths that provide analog, wavetable, FM, additive, granular, spectral, and modeling synthesis
• Quickly find sounds or create unique new ones with Alchemy, the ultimate sample manipulation synthesizer
• Play or create a wide variety of rich sampled instruments with the EXS24 Sampler
• Turn your favorite hardware synthesizers into sampled instruments using new Auto Sampler plug-in
• Transform simple ideas into elaborate performances using nine MIDI plug-ins
• Instantly turn a simple chord into a rich performance with the Arpeggiator
• Play a single note to trigger predefined chords with Chord Trigger
• Perform a part and conform notes to a specific scale using Transposer
Creative and Production Effects
• Play your sounds through realistic acoustic spaces using Space Designer convolution reverb
• Use a range of multi-tap, vintage tape, and stereo delays
• Add movement to your tracks with a variety of modulation effects
• Get the perfect mix with a collection of EQs, dynamics, and other mixing tools
Guitar and Bass Gear
• Build your own guitar or bass rig with Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets, and mics
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of delay, distortion, and modulation stompboxes
• Access a full-screen Tuner to quickly get in tune
• Over 1800 instrument and effect Patches
• More than 750 meticulously sampled instruments
• 4600 Apple Loops in modern urban and electronic genres
Minimum System Requirements
• 4GB RAM
• Display with 1280-by-768 resolution or higher
• OS X v10.9.5 or later
• Requires 64-bit Audio Units plug-ins
• 6GB available disk space for minimum install / 45GB hard disk for full Sound Library installation
What's New in Version 3.2.4
This update addresses overall stability and performance issues
I have been using mainstage for the last 3 years in a live performeance situation. I use Vir 2 (Kontakt Player 5) as a plugin but 99% of my sounds are generated by MainStage. Getting the settings right were a little tricky but once I found the right combination the program works reliably and sounds fantastic. It is the only sound generator I use in live performance. The fact that this program only cost $30 makes it a must have for any musician that owns a Mac. Many live artists are now using this software for live performance, inculduing Billy Joel’s keyboard player who actually uses Mainstage rigs live. I have wanted to upgrade my Kontakt player to the fullblown version but just the upgrade will cost me $250 bucks, and though it samples, would not give all the function I have my $30 mainstage software. Get it. It’s a no brainer.
It Would Be Good If...
I have GarageBand. I heard you can link the sounds and instruments to GarageBand. BUT HOW DO I LINK IT TO GARAGEBAND?! Overall though, it’s a great app for instruments and sounds for your music.
I have used Mainstage since it came out and it is a great program. This latest version seems to have a glitch however. I cannot pull in my controls from the control pallette to design my layout. The control”disappears” when I drag it to the layout area. I have re-installed MainStage, restarted computer, deleated preferences, changed user, etc. No luck. Additionally, I have the same issue on 2 computers. I saw another post referencing this as well. It is a fantastic program and well worth the $30, but I’m hoping this issue can be resolved as this makes designing and constructing your layouts impossible.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Apr 07, 2016
- Version: 3.2.4
- Size: 1.15 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2007-2016 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9.5 or later, 64-bit processor