TOP TEN "free" App!
Touch Arcade says Major Mayhem's 2.0 update is "ridiculously huge...almost feels like a completely new game!"
“One of the best rail shooters on the App Store!” -IGN 8.5/10
"It's funny, fast, violent, and leaves you wanting more." -PocketGamer Silver Medal
"I got points for Chicken Combos." -AppSafari 4.5/5
Meet the newest recruit in the Adult Swim Games army: Major Mayhem. He's got an itchy trigger finger, some scratchy stubble, and a fondness for shooting dudes in the face. Run and gun your way through gorgeous 3D environments as you embark on a mission to rescue your kidnapped girlfriend from the Forces of Evil. Guns, grenades and an assortment of other tools of destruction are at your disposal, and you'll need every last one of 'em. So what are you waiting for, Major Mayhem? The future of the Free World -- and your love life -- hangs in the balance.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING:
>> "This is slaughter done right, with enormous weaponry and a huge sense of fun." -PocketGamer
>> "…extremely enjoyable and addictive. Major Mayhem takes elements from an Operation Wolf style shooting gallery, Canabalt platforming, Gears of War duck-and-cover and Max Payne bullet time, and mixes it into an action-packed budget platformer that’s hard to put down." —TouchGen
>> "Major Mayhem is one of the best rail shooters on the App Store." -IGN
>> "Bring[s] back memories of such games as Lethal Enforcers and Virtua Cop, or even more recent fare such as the Resident Evil Chronicles games for the Wii, though without being quite as serious as any of those." -Slide to Play
• Universal app, optimized for play on iPhone, iPod touch or iPad
• 45 levels of non-stop action
• 4 game modes
• Game Center Leaderboards
• 100 achievements
• 150 mini mission objectives
• 5 power ups
• Battle your way past hordes of enemies in three picturesque environments: Tropics, Metropolis and Desert
• 20 unique weapons in your arsenal to deal out MAJOR MAYHEM, like:
>> Automatic Shotgun
>> Quadzooka (like a Bazooka only more massive-er!)
>> And more!
• 42 costumes and hats to make your Major's fashion conscience which dealing massive devastation!
• Save the world, and your girlfriend
HAVING PROBLEMS? Help us fix any issues you run into while playing - email email@example.com and tell us what you're seeing along with the device/OS version you're on.
- The coin price of weapons has been reduced for better game balance.
- Streamlined Unlocking weapons. Now the next weapon available for purchase is shown on the end level Tally screen.
- Daily 500 coins are now available on the end level Tally screen so you no longer have to return to the main menu to claim them.
- Text has been added to coin packs descriptions in the armoury to indicate which packs are the cheapest required to unlock all remaining weapons and items in the game.
Ratings and Reviews
This is an example of what a phone game should be. It’s an arcade style shooter on rails, but instead of it being first person it’s third person. No complications, no bs, just play the game, have fun, and it’s an absolutely great time killer. Yeah there’s some ads but hey at least it isn’t swarming with them every five seconds like other games I’ve played. And no micro transaction bs to deal with either. I had no reason to delete this game yet other than to make room on my phone. Will update if my mind changes. One of the best shooter type mobile games in my opinion. Recommend.
A freemium that's made right. Pure Nostalgia and Fun.
Major Mayhem is addictive. It feels like an old Super Nintendo rail shooter, but with graphics that remind me of Team Fortress. Remember those Old movies from the 80s and 90s, the ones that you'd watch on VHS with your dad when you visited him on the weekend, that you didn't tell your mom about, because they were bloody and violent? Major Mayhem will take you back.
This game proves that you can have a shooter that uses a touch screen and is still just as fun as using a controller.
An actual completely free game that's awesome!!
This is what I look for in a game. Not to hard, lots of levels, and the graphics are really wonderful. I like to play a free game that actually 100% free , you can buy everything with in game coins and you can reply the levels as often as you like to get more coins. The coin doubler is even available for free if you watch a 30 second video... Just hope they make a Mike Tyson Mysteries Game cause adult swim make some really simple fun free games.
- Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- 170.2 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Rocket Jump Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- 10,000 Coins $1.99
- 30,000 Coins $4.99
- Coin Doubler $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.