Make My Groups - Flexible Team Generator and Scorer
By Shane Rayner
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stop the fighting!
Let the phone decide the teams!
And then score.
Put an end to the awkward job of picking teams. Download this app!
Developed by a teacher with the classroom in mind -however this app is brilliant for ANYONE who makes groups or teams!
Make super-fast, fair, creative teams. No-one needs to be the last one picked any more!
Create random groups or teams with a tap or a shake! Make My Groups is a fast and dynamic way to make groups. It features an attractive and fun interface with great functionality for teachers, coaches, social sports teams, youth leaders, lunchtime & after-school sports and anyone who needs to arrange people into groups!
- Make groups by the desired number of groups or group size
- Option to pick out one random individual (or one group from the list)
- Easily separate students or players that shouldn't be in the same group
- Set someone as absent so they won't be put in a group this time
- Save, retrieve and edit lists/classes
- Save and retrieve games and previously created groups
- Tap to score – you choose how much each tap is worth
- Have up to 5 criteria to score/assess
- Criteria labels and color coding for quick recognition
- Take notes on individuals, groups and classes/lists
- Enter names from your Phone Contacts or type them in
- Enter multiple lists in a spreadsheet via Dropbox
- Tap to email the groups you just made
- Switch views - one shows up to 6 groups on your iPhone screen, the other allows you score by tapping names
- Set fun or relevant titles for each group - select a category and have them assigned randomly, or set them manually
- Shake to make groups initially and to remake groups
- Flexible in-app settings and useful help
Note: Slider issue is all fixed!
What's New in Version 3.3.3
- bug fixes for iPad when opened in landscape
- improved text contrast when selecting lists
Need option for sections
I teach 240+ students in 10 different sections. I need an app that will let me create each section and THEN make my groups within each section. Can't get this to do that…unless I'm missing something. Import of students using Dropbox worked fine. Looks like it might work for a single classroom teacher. The promo for this referred to physical ed teachers using this to make teams. I assumed that it meant one could create separate classes.
- Category: Education
- Updated: May 19, 2015
- Version: 3.3.3
- Size: 13.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Shane Rayner
- © 2011-2015 Shane Rayner
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- All Features$3.99
- Standard Features$1.99
- Custom Group Names$0.99
- Remove Ads$0.99
- Save Unlimited Games$0.99
- Multiple Criteria$0.99
- Take Notes$0.99