Mall Of America
By Ximarc Studios Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Mall of America (also MOA, MoA or the Megamall) is a super-regional shopping mall located in the Twin Cities suburb of Bloomington, Minnesota, USA.
In the United States, it is the second largest enclosed mall in terms of retail space but is largest in terms of total enclosed floor area. Opened in 1992, the mall received 40 million visitors in 2006.
Mall of America has a gross area of 4.2 million sq ft(390,000 m²), with 2.5 million sq ft. (230,000 m²) available as retail space. The mall is a nearly symmetric building, with a roughly rectangular floor plan.
Over 520 stores are arranged along three levels of pedestrian walkways on the sides of the rectangle, with a fourth level on the East side. An addition planned north of the mall will allow for up to 900 stores.
Four "anchor" department stores are located at the corners. The Mall is organized into four different zones, each with its own decorative style.
Some key attractions at MOA include the following:
Nickelodeon Universe: An indoor theme park in the center of the mall, formerly known as Knott's Camp Snoopy, Camp Snoopy, and The Park at MOA. The park features roller coasters among numerous other rides and attractions, and is the largest indoor theme park in the United States.
Underwater Adventures Aquarium: Guests travel through a 300 foot long curved tunnel through 14 feet of water to view over 4,500 sea creatures including sharks, turtles, stingrays, and many more. Underwater Adventures offers special events such as sleepovers, scuba diving, snorkeling, and birthday parties.
Some other attractions include: A.C.E.S. flight simulations, 14-screen movie theater (formerly operated by General Cinema and AMC Theaters, now operated by MOA itself as the "Theatres at Mall of America"), Lego Imagination Center
The Mall of America APP provides users with a reference to stores within the Mall.
Users can do the following activities within the APP:
• Access the Map of the mall with zooming capability
• Access details of a specific store, including the ability to dial the store phone number directly from the APP and/or access the website of the store
• Select favorite stores
The developers will be looking to develop additional features of the APP once feedback is received from users.
Not an official app
When I referenced this on twitter, got a reply saying that Mall of America doesn't have an app. Their mobile website I'd give 3-4 stars however.
This app's maps are a shown on the screenshots. Looking up the store also doesn't give location info. Possibly the only good part is it looks to include website and phone info for the stores I looked at but this app is otherwise poor. While showing your location would be nice, this app to be truly useful needs to point out on the map where things are other than anchor stores and Nickelodeon universe are.
Worst app that used to be on my phone
This couldn't have been more poorly designed if they had tried to do so.
• No search feature in listings
• No store location numbers in listings
• No store location numbers on map
• No store location numbers anywhere
• Wrong or out of date listings
• No restroom locator
• No food court locator
• No map of Nickelodeon theme park
• No listings for Nickelodeon theme park features/ rides etc.
• No information kiosk or locker location information
• No parking or transit information
• No hours of operation or general mall contact or address information
• No map, listing or information, at all for Aquarium
• No movie theater information in map or listing
• Terrible use of homescreen real estate
• No tie-in between map and listing features
• No events information or calendar
• No deals/ sales/ offers information
• Nice font size/ legibility in listings
• Easy store contact/ phone feature
I think it is a very good app to have if you are from Minnesota or ever plan on visiting the mall. What I think would be very helpful is if you had it labeled N, S, E, W. Just like they have at the mall, also if it had a GPS so when your at the mall and pull the app up it could tell you what floor you are on and had a "you are here" arrow. I think it would be more helpful and less confusing. That comes from both myself and my fiancé, we were just down there this weekend.
- Category: Reference
- Released: May 07, 2010
- Version: 1.0.0
- Size: 10.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ximarc Studios Inc.
- © 2010 Ximarc Studios Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.