Man In Space
By Immediate Media Company Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Man In Space celebrates 50 years of mankind’s adventure in space, from Yuri Gagarin's epic spaceflight on 12 April 1961 to the International Space Station and beyond. This is more than an electronic book – it’s a complete multimedia experience. Tap the screen to play videos, rotate spacecraft views and bring interactive elements into play. You'll never feel closer to being in space.
* WINNER of the fwa.com 'Mobile of the Day' award June 2011 *
This book app features:
• 360-degree panoramic views of the Moon
• 3D views of legendary spacecraft, allowing you to examine them from any angle
• Amazing images and themed photo galleries
• Historic video footage brings the story to life
• Interactive diagrams
• A foreword by Sir Patrick Moore - the only person to have met Neil Armstrong, Yuri Gagarin and the Wright brothers
Based on a special issue of Sky at Night Magazine, this app brings you even more incredible content in the form of additional photos, archive videos and interactive diagrams.
Discover the events that created the Space Race, from the pioneering rocket designs of Wernher von Braun and Sergei Korolev to the first spacewalks and the Apollo Moon missions. After the manned Moon landings, both sides' focus shifted to space stations. Man In Space charts their progress, from Salyut and Skylab to Mir and the International Space Station.
You can see a video of the App in action on the support page at skyatnightmagazine.com
Thanks for all of the positive feedback. The App has reached the following positions so far:
#2 iPad Book in Portugal
#2 iPad Book in Denmark
#2 iPad Book in Belgium
#3 iPad Book in United Kingdom
#3 iPad Book in Sweden
#3 iPad Book in Finland
#4 iPad Book in United States
#6 iPad Book in Canada
#6 iPad Book in Mexico
#8 iPad Book in Norway
Man In Space has been created by Sky at Night Magazine, the biggest name in astronomy
What's New in Version 1.1
• New feature – The Final Countdown featuring details of the Shuttle’s last-ever mission, information about the crew and an interactive timeline of all the Shuttle missions
• New feature – Inside Virgin Galactic featuring in-depth videos and information on SpaceshipTwo and the New Mexico Spaceport, the world’s first purpose-built commercial spaceflight facility.
• Feedback - like Man in Space App? Let us know by rating it, plus sign up for news about other great Apps as they hit the App Store.
On Apollo 1...
You have a wonderful app, but in your Apollo section you do have a small but important error to fix. On the page where you have the Apollo mission patches as tags to review more detailed flight information, you have the Apollo 1 mission patch upside down! Simply flipping it right side up, with the stars in the upper left hand corner should do the trick. My father and his team were there on Pad 34 when the fire occurred, and he was there again in the blockhouse when Apollo 7 cleared the tower and started America on her path the Moon. Thanks again for bringing back so many wonderful memories!
This is why we bought an iPad
Despite the confusing navigation, this App is a crash (scratch that) quick course in the history of manned flight. utterly amazing! To think we put a man on the moon in the Sixties is mind-boggling.
To own an iPad and not buy this app would be to miss out on one of the true joys the platform has to offer.
Great application. Started with the very early days of space exploration and went to current. Especially liked the Twitter feeds included at the end. Provides high-level information through the years of space exploration to the current time. Excellent photos and video. Very easy to navigate.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Aug 15, 2011
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 791 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Immediate Media Company Limited
- © Immediate Media Company Bristol Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.