Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Man Reader allows quick, convenient and easy access to the man pages on your system, useful for programmers, system administrators and tweakers.
Man pages provide the help needed to configure and use Unix commands and are usually accessed through Terminal, but this is a clumsy and inconvenient way to view the pages.
• List of all available man pages on your system.
• Show only a section of the pages.
• Search for a man page by name or search within a page.
• Display man page in text or HTML (different pages look best in different formats).
• Step back & forward through recently viewed man pages.
• Live links to 'See Also' entries.
• 'Sticky notes' at the side to jump to sub-sections in a page.
• Bookmark frequently viewed pages.
• Choose a font and size for the display.
• Convenient buttons in the toolbar allow quick access to commonly used utilities.
What's New in Version 1.4
Fix for plain text view not wrapping correctly for odd-sized fonts.
Fix for HTML text view over-riding font colors that may be invisible.
Search for missing entry (e.g. g++) no longer requires Enter or Return.
Better automatic selection of matching entries while searching.
Fix for animation warning message appearing in Console.
Status display showing when man page list is being updated.
Searching inside a page now allows a minimum of 2 characters (was 3), so flags e.g. '-b' do not need to be escaped.
Fixed path for Network Utility in tool bar (moved in OS X 10.9).
More information available about the effects of sand-boxing for this app.
Good App, Could Use a Few More Features
Not a bad alternative to reading man pages from the Terminal interface, or reading them in Vim or Emacs. Competes with the free untility Man Viewer which has two features that I wish Man Reader would consider implementing: tabs and the ability to add a path to the Man Path.
Both the above features would make it close to ‘perfect’. All in all though a good stable utility for system admins, developers or anyone else curious enough to read man pages on OSX.
- Category: Developer Tools
- Updated: Apr 02, 2014
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 1.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sarah Reichelt
- Copyright © 2012 Sarah Reichelt, TrozWare.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor