Manage Windows, Mac and Linux computers.
SoM, Asset Management (Inventory) and Patch Management
ManageEngine Desktop Central iOS App empowers admins perform key desktop management routines on computers across the globe. It enables IT Administrators to perform these tasks on the go and frees them from being stuck to the office to do these routines, thereby making them more productive. It helps them add or remove computers to manage, scan computers to get complete hardware and software assets, check software license compliance and more. You can also perform various patch management activities like approving patches, declining patches, viewing system's health status etc.
Tasks that can be performed using the app:
Scope of Management:
• Add or remove computers to be managed using Desktop Central
• Initiate installation of agents in the computers to be managed
• Check status of installation of agents in computers required
• Monitor frequency of agent contact to the server
• Review information on Remote offices
• Overview of assets being managed by the app
• Scan systems for generating information on hardware and software
• Review information on Hardware assets being managed
• Check software compliance status
• Analyze software usage of any software to optimize resources
• Prohibit software: Forbid usage of certain applications
• Scan and identify vulnerable computers
• Detect missing patches for Windows, Mac, Linux and 3rd party applications
• Approve/Decline patches
• Monitor automated patch deployment tasks
• View system health status
•Troubleshoot remote desktops from anywhere
•Ensure users' privacy by giving a choice to ask user for permission before connecting
•Multi-monitor support helps automatically detect multi-monitors and displays them
•Perform quick actions: run command prompt, change control panel settings, initiate task
manager and more
•Allows option to take control of either a user session or computer session
Instructions for activation:
Step 1: Install the Desktop Central iOS app on your device
Step 2: Once installed, give the credentials of server name and port being used
for Desktop Central
Step 3: Sign in with the username and password being used for
Desktop Central Console
Awards and Recognitions:
• Recognized by the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2015 for the second year in a row
• Won Community Choice Award for Best Configuration/Deployment and Best
Patch Management solution at Windows IT Pro magazine awards in 2013
• Ranked third by Windows IT Pro in server administration tools, in the year 2013
• InfoTech research names Desktop Central as value for money in its research
report of the year 2012
• Approved for use on US Navy networks
Introducing Wake on LAN and Remote Shutdown.
Ratings and Reviews
Good start but...
I love the Desktop Central software. However, the mobile app falls far short of the functionality of the usefulness of the desktop tools. So far the most use I have been able to gain is the dashboard and reporting tools. It would be a much more useful app to me if I could take advantage of at least some of the tools, such as waking or rebooting a machine. If that is possible to do then it isn’t very intuitive as far as how to do it. And why aren’t my inventory lists listed in alphabetical order or a sort option to sort how I want? I am grateful that there is an app, but I think there is potential for greater things with it.
Limited Functionality, Bugs
This app is just OK, it does an acceptable job at allowing you to access your MEDC instance. However, several parts of the app just don’t work - all the software and hardware pages return no results and many of the pages that show patches produce an “AlamoFire” error and don’t show anything. There’s also no way to see information on automated patch deployments, and the views for configurations are limited. Remote Control works, but it would be great to see some other remote tools in the app.
I’m certainly happy an app is available for Desktop Central - that’s more than we can say for SCCM - but it has a long way to go.
Love Desktop Central
we have only been using desktop central for a week and it has already changed our lives!
it would be great to be able to create configurations from the mobile app though! feature to come i hope
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.