By Infinaut Technologies, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Mandolin Companion is a must have for any Mando player. Several tools in one - handy tuner, chords, scales, metronome, alternate tunings! Look things up. Learn how to play. Join that Bluegrass band!
- Simple Interface
- Tuner - Learn to tune by ear, click a peg to start or stop
- Chord Charts - Multiple positions for each chord - over 1,900!
- Scales - Over 150 scales - from Blues and basics to more obscure charts
- Alternate Tunings - choose from a wide variety of alternate tunings
- Show all Chord notes - view all the possible notes at once, build your own chords
- Display Options - Finger positions, intervals, or notes
- Auto Strum - Hear the selected chord
- Manual Strum - Play a chord by swiping across the strings
- Dynamic String Indicators - Show which string or note is playing
- Metronome - Basic beats with time signature options
- Drum packs - Get more out of practice with a variety of drum tracks available
You want to get faster? Mandolin Companion. Want to learn that unique chord? Mandolin Companion. Get better.
What's New in Version 3.2.0
Zoom in for bigger iPhone view! Chords and Scales much easier to view!
Excellent for a beginner.
I was looking for a tuner app and found this instead. It will play the notes of the strings for you, but it isn't a chromatic tuner. I quickly got over my disappointment, though, when I found that it absolutely will give me the easiest fingering for any chord with a simple spin of a wheel, and it will play it for me so I know I am getting it right. It has more complex fingerings for when I get better (someday)! It is a great tool! I have learned so much in a short time.
This app is freaking amazing. For the couple of people that had said they had issues with it showing it left handed, that was kind of annoying to me to start. What I did was just flip my iPad and turn auto screen rotation off and propped it up on my feet, that way I could just be looking at it without having to turn my head and it showed it right handed.
I just bought a mandolin on a whim and had no idea how to tune it. I have played guitars for years and have several good tuners but this is much easier and faster. With different tunings I had no idea of mandolin chords and am very impressed with the ease of use on this app. Definitely got me off to a great start with my new instrument. Would recommend this app to others any day.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 09, 2012
- Version: 3.2.0
- Size: 40.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Infinaut Technologies, Inc
- © 2011 Infinaut Games
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad Free$2.99
- All Tunings$3.99
- Country Pack$0.99
- Blues Pack 1$0.99
- Mandola (C G D A)$0.99
- Angel Skin$0.99
- Rock Pack 1$0.99
- Jazz Pack 1$0.99
- Dropped D (G D A D)$0.99
- Rock Pack 2$0.99