Mandolin Tuner Pro - Tune your mandolin with precision and ease!
By Pedro Daniel Macalupu Cumpen
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Tune your mandolin instantly with precision and ease!
· The most accurate - displays the exact sound frequency in Hz.
· Instant load and fastest tuning - the only tuner optimized for 64 bit.
· Tuning fork - tune by ear if you prefer.
· Highest responsiveness and sensitivity.
· Intuitive user interface with LED tuning indicator.
· Visual indicators - tuned string lights up.
· Universal app - works with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Please make sure to allow microphone access to this app when prompted.
Check it under Settings>Privacy>Microphone. Thank you.
Got ideas? Questions?
Please send us your feedback through our site or to firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 2.1
· Optimization for iPad Pro!
Listens to your strings, that's about it.
I am a mandolin student, but know how crucial tuning is for a mandolin. They go out of tune fast, and both strings on the GDAE scale need to be identical in pitch. The Mandolin Companion, which I love and recommend, is a good all purpose tuner, but I needed something that would hear MY strings and tell me if I was a little flat or sharp. This app does listen, but gives you a MHz read, not in sharps and flats. There is a chart that shows what the MHz should be for each string Couple. If you pluck one of the strings you may get half the read out. Without changing the tuner, the reading would change depending how hard or where I strummed. Eventually both strings light up - and I assume that means I have achieved the correct tune, but it doesn't say that. There are no instructions. It would be helpful to add in a sharp and flat alert. And there is no individual string/note measure. Only the open chord strings. This app provided something I needed, a way to listen to my strings, in the event my hearing or interpretation is off, but I hope they add some explanations and other features. The tuning fork sends out a tone, the bass G is almost inaudible. Please add a string pluck version of this! But, that is what I have Mandolin Companion for, and it is far superior when you need to tune your mandolin to a note. MC does not have the ability to hear your strings.
Easy to use
It is simple, tunes correctly as long as other string is damped, sometimes need to damp the other courses.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 14, 2016
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 5.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Pedro Daniel Macalupu Cumpen
- ©2014 Daikyouju Labs
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.