By Mitsuharu Emoto
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Manga Camera" collages photos as one page of comics. Here, "manga" means comics in Japanese. It draws each view, a manga frame separated as comics, using the built-in camera or the photo library. Let's change daily life to a comic. [UPDATE(v2.0)] The manga frame can be created as you like it. [UPDATE(v2.2)] It adds a text box that is editable using the keyboard.
The application is started as 2nd screenshot. It draws a photo at each frame, attaches imitation sounds and saves at the photo library. The manga frame, separated view, can be created.
- It runs the built-in camera (only iPhone) and the photo library.
- When you single-taps (camera) or double-taps (library) a separated view, it is drawn at the view.
- If library, the photo is moved by sliding, scaled and rotated by green buttons.
- If erase a view, you slide your finger at the view.
- It attaches a text box and imitation sounds at the photo.
- It is moved by sliding, edited by green buttons.
- It changes a manga/comic frame.
- The manga frames can be created, updated and deleted.
- It save photos according to a selected resolution and the physical orientation of your device.
When you tap "add" or "update" at [frame], it opens a window for creating a manga frame. It can use the created frame from [frame].
- It returns to the previous window (2nd screenshot).
- It selects parts of the manga frame.
- Parts are moved by sliding, scaled and rotated by green buttons.
- It is the frame name and last update time.
- It stores the frame.
What's New in Version 2.2.3
The maximum resolution when iPod touch was used was changed for stability.
Love the concept, BUT...
Thought the issues previous reviewers had might have been fixed in the update, BUT they haven't been. The camera feature works, but you can't resize or reposition photos in the frame. Loading pics from the library sometimes works.
The feature where you make your own frames is the reason I gave this app a chance. **This feature doesn't work.**
You go through the process of designing & saving your frame. Unfortunately, when you load it to use, all the frames just pile up in the center. Realigning the individual frames is impossible.
Bummer because I LOVE the concept of this app. Please fix this!!! It has real potential!!!! Til that happens, pass on purchasing this app.
***Update- BooHoo!!! First thing I did when today's update came out was to see if the issues were fixed. Nope. Frames u make yourself still align incorrectly and won't save. Please fix this app!! I really want to love it! Fix it and let me give you 5 stars!
Give me my money back!! This thing crashes right after putting the picture. Come on now!!
iPhone 5 newest firmware and crashes right when you try to take a freaking picture with it. Balls! I want my f**king money back!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Apr 05, 2010
- Version: 2.2.3
- Size: 1.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mitsuharu Emoto
- © Mitsuharu Emoto
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.