Manga Storm - The Ultimate Manga Reader
By Work Corner Company Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Note: You may find that you can't add new titles from MangaHere. That because they has just applied new mobile site and Manga Storm still doesn't support it. We will fix it as soon as possible.
Looking for a nice app to *Read* and *Follow* your favorite manga from websites? You have come to the right app!
But if you are looking for an app to read offline comics in cbr/cbz files. Please get Manga Storm CBR here,
√ Start with adding titles from websites to Manga Storm's "Favorites"
- To add a title to Manga Storm, use Safari or your favorite web browser to find a title from supported websites then copy its URL and paste in Manga Storm. It sounds too hard? Try using Internal Web Browser in Manga Storm. It’s a lot easier.
- Support most popular websites including MangaFox, MangaHere, MangaReader, MangaPanda, MangaEden, KissManga and Batoto.
√ Organise your “Favorites” effectively
- With "Read" then "Follow" concept, you can organise and manage your “Favorites” effectively.
- Add unread titles to the “Reading” section and move them to the “Following” section after finish reading. With this, you won’t lose track of unread titles ever again. Even if number of titles in your “Favorites” is huge.
√ Share your "Favorites" with your friends
- You can share or backup your "Favorites" list easily by generating them to a file and send it via email.
√ Check for new chapters
- All titles in your “Favorites” can be checked for new chapters automatically or manually. Everything can be configured.
- Manga Storm can check for new chapters only when it is open in foreground.
√ Read any content on any device easily
- Assign appropriate reading style to each title. The reading style can be “Left to Right”, “Right to Left” or “Top to Bottom”. Even webtoons can be read easily.
- Pages can be displayed in fit-to-screen or fill-screen mode. It can be switchable by just double tap.
- On device with small screen, try rotating it to landscape. Manga Storm will automatically switch to landscape reading mode and it will be a lot easier to read.
√ Incomparable reading experience
- Flip to the next page by swiping or just tap at the edge if you are too lazy to swipe.
- Continue reading through all chapters in one go. After you finish reading the current chapter, Manga Storm will load the next one automatically.
√ Track your reading progress
- Manga Storm saves your reading progress automatically.
- All chapters are marked with "Read", "Unread" and "Last Read" icon so you can find it very easy to continue reading from where you left. You can also mark any chapter manually.
- If you want to check your reading history, you can see it in the "History" tab.
√ Download and Export
- Download any title to read offline anywhere anytime.
- Export downloaded titles to cbz files and transfer them to your computer to read them with other comic readers.
√ iCloud Support
- Synchronise your manga list and reading history between devices using iCloud.
√ What you will get from upgrading to full version
- All ads are removed.
- You can keep more than 10 downloaded chapters.
- You can see all read titles in the “History” tab.
What's New in Version 2.9
Important: If you plan to share data from this version with old version of Manga Storm by enabling iCloud in Manga Storm, please don't add titles from KissManga and MangaPanda. The old version can't handle data generated from them and will cause the app to crash.
● Added menu "Share/Backup Favorites" in the "Favorites" tab. You can use this menu to backup or share your favorites list via e-mail.
● Added menu "Export to CBZ Files" in the chapter list page that is accessed from the "Collections" tab. You can use this menu to export your downloaded chapters to open them in other comic readers those support cbz files.
● Added the "Export" tab for managing your exported cbz files.
● Added support for MangaPanda and KissManga.
● Fixed more bugs.
Great Manga Tracker
Mangastorm is an excellent app for my purposes - to keep one list of all the manga I read and track their updates. Easy to use and has offline functionality if you download the manga to your device (I usually do this for manga I am currently reading - can't store it all offline!). Only downside is sometimes the app seems to have trouble loading and adding manga from the websites as a result of copyrights (even though the manga is viewable online a majority of the time).
The reason why I gave it 4/5 stars is because they removed the giant, very easy to use, list of manga from each of the 5 supported sites. This made it much harder to add manga in bulk to the device, and it's now a royal pain, as you have to get the link for each manga from the website and add the manga from a non-consolidated list. I think they should bring the old way to add manga back AND keep the new way to do it. Otherwise, great app.
Having issues with chapters
I've been using this app for months and simply wow it's amazing all my favorite mangas here and finding new ones but as of recently for maybe a month I've been having issue with downloading chapters. And the recent update was kinda of a let down. I figured updating it may solve that issue. But the latest update seems like it to two steps back. Downloading chapters or series seems more complex or to even find chapters. I prefer the old way of using it. Sure the interface when reading the chapters is majorly improved I still have issues now where pages aren't even being downloaded and it just stays saying downloading like 96% etc. over all the next update should fix upon this issue with finding series and something with the downloading issue since I mean this phone is brand new and it shouldn't be an issue with the my end but non the less fix those issues and the rating and usage will go way up!
Avoid. The update is a step-back.
manga Storm initially caught me with it's large library taken from various websites that was completely available to you to search and interact with all through the app interface. It was easy, it was convenient. You could bookmark various copies of the same manga from different websites in .2 seconds, just in case some had worse scanlations - which happens a lot.
That's all in the past.
Now, they've implemented an in-app browser that forces you to manually go to one of the websites they support, and search for manga as you would normally do at a computer. This is in no way more convenient than the previous system. You can no longer search a title and see which of the supported websites have the title you're looking for. You have to go to each one, search through their engine, add it to the app, and then figure out if they even have the right chapters, which they don't always do. Manga Storm turned a fabulous process into a tedious one, and I frankly don't care for it, after fiddling with it and hating the experience utterly.
If you're looking for a streamlined experience, go elsewhere. The one plus I can give this update, though, is that it does give you the option to advance search on the specific websites for new titles, and then add them to your library as you go. Though for me, I like to get my recommendations a different way.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Feb 27, 2015
- Version: 2.9
- Size: 23.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Work Corner Company Limited
- © 2012 Work Corner Co., Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Manga Storm (Full Version)$4.99