- This app empowers us to form a virtual network of prayer across our communities
- Post and assign your prayers to any specific location on the map
- Search, discover, and intercede for the physical and spiritual needs in your community, city, state, or anywhere in the world.
- When you post a prayer, choose a category or create your own.
- Know that others are joining you in prayer for your community. You’ll receive a push notification when someone taps the “Pray" button on your prayer.
- Become a Mangrove Partner to display your church or ministry with a special icon on the map. Let people know where to find you and how your ministry is impacting the community. Let people know how they can support your ministry and come along side you in prayer for the city.
ROOTING CITIES IN PRAYER
As Christians we believe God is actively involved in the concerns of his people. Like a loving he Father he is moved by the appeals of his children. For that reason, prayer is a significant mission for every Jesus follower. The Mangrove Prayer App is designed to connect Christians individuals and Christian organizations together in prayer across a community, city, state, and nation.
This is an app to encourage thoughtful and Spirit led prayers for the community and the world as a whole. This is not an app for private personal prayers about your grandmother or your job interview
- Instead of posting a prayer naming your child who has football tryouts or a big test post a prayer at a school or a park for protection over the children in your city where other users will see it and join you in the prayer.
- When you are visiting a loved one at the hospital rather than posting a prayer specifically for that person tag the hospital and post a prayer for all the sick people who may not have anyone to visit them or pray for the doctors and nurses who need wisdom and strength every day to face life and death decisions.
- If you are upset with a political decision then tag your city hall, or the Capitol and pray for the wisdom and purity for all of our leaders and don’t just vent on social media.
- When a tragic event occurs write a prayer for the affected people and tag it to that place so others can join you in that prayer rather than just sending “thoughts and prayers” to a hashtag.
- If you are a Mangrove Partner and your ministry is in a marginalized area don’t request prayers for specific people in your community but instead invite users into a prayer for your community as a whole so believers in your city will know how to pray for your area.
You may already know how to pray for your friends and loved ones but let this app help you be conscious about praying for people you don’t know around your city, nation, and the world. Send your prayers out for the community and let them intertwine and mingle with the prayers of other Christians.
WHAT IS A MANGROVE?
The mangrove tree lives where the sea meets the land, its roots entangled with the roots of other mangroves, forming a thick, growing ecosystem that shelters many species of fish and wildlife and protects the land behind it from the fury and erosion of storms.
A METAPHOR FOR PRAYER
As Christians we are also called to be rooted in love and connected with each other, sheltering those in need and shielding our neighborhoods and cities that are assaulted by many kinds of storms.
Whenever and wherever we are led to pray, this app makes that prayer tangible by dropping a “leaf” prayer that others can see and join. By the leadership of the Spirit and the fact of virtual connection, we can join together to pray for our common needs and ministries by uploading a simple prayer and marking the spot with a leaf.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in becoming a partner organization.
• New List tab adds an alternate way of seeing prayers in a selected geographic area.
• Map improvements - At higher altitudes, the prayers are clustered together with a count.
• Sharing improvements - More details added for each prayer (name, location, category) when sharing to a different app.
Ratings and Reviews
Ok but for get being anonymous
The idea is good but the tracking could lead to issues. You must allow the app to track you. If you don’t want someone to know where you live it is a issue. So in circumstances like domestic violence or other form of violence the GPS could put someone in danger.
Also, some people need to or want to stay anonymous. The app should support allowing someone to submit anonymously for privacy and personal reasons but are still seeking prayer or needing prayer.
Would be nice to give the option to set it at city or state level.
This prayer app challenges me to think beyond myself and pray bigger, join others, and intercede for the needs around me.
- Mangrove Prayer Network, LLC
- 15.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Mangrove Prayer Network
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.