It’s 1983 and a peerless new home computer game graces the scene. Its stand-out features include its quirky humour, in-game music / effects, high replay value and well-designed colourful graphics.
Roll forward 35 years and kick nostalgia into overdrive with the release of the Manic Miner® app. A perfectly formed replica of the much-loved home computer game, with 3D voxel-style graphics.
• optimised for use with the ZX Spectrum for Connected TV keyboard device
• also useable with the:
• the Recreated ZX Spectrum keyboard device and with
• selected 1st and 3rd-party Connected TV remotes and game controllers
• also includes a 100%-authentic 2D ‘re-make’ of the original ZX Spectrum game (not emulated)
• a perfectly formed replica of the much-loved home computer game
• available* for Apple TV, iPhone, iPad
• guaranteed free-from: ads, nags, in-app purchases and other 21st century ‘killjoys’
*: ZX Spectrum Connected TV or Recreated ZX Spectrum keyboard device recommended but not required to use the Manic Miner® app.
Ratings and Reviews
Very nice implementation of a classic
I was kinda on the fence on this as I’ve not been the biggest fan of previous Elite ZX Spectrum apps, but this one is great. Extremely polished interface, responsive and accurate controls (left and right buttons on bottom left, jump button bottom right), the 3d effect is nice, but the best additions are new easy and hard level layouts in addition to the original and a level select that keeps track of what difficulties you’ve completed each level on. My only complaint is that according to the website, this game is only going to be available for one month or 10,000 downloads, whichever comes first, and that’s just wrong—this is a wonderful app and a perfect example of how a remake should be done, so why limit how many people can experience it???
Finally, a couple suggestions for features—an option to go right back to the stage select after pre-selecting a level on its difficulty settings screen (for some reason you have to actually start the level and then exit out of it to the main menu), and an option to retry from the same level after you get a game over, instead of having to go back to the level select and scroll all the way to the right if you were on a later level.
Now a perfect port, plus more!
The new mode had a bug on the 18th level which stopped you from finishing the game, which is now fixed! I’ve got through it all at last and it’s a great journey down memory lane!
- Elite Systems Ltd
- 85.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © MANIC MINER TM (C) 2017 Elite Systems Group Ltd. & Brigette Barton Siddiqui. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.