Manuscript for iPad
By Black Mana Studios
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Whether you are writing an entire novel, a short story, or even articles for submission to magazines, Manuscript for iPad takes care of the details and lets you focus on writing. This all-in-one writing app will take you from pitch to a publication ready document, in four easy steps:
1. Pitch - Begin with a several sentences long description of your manuscript’s main idea.
2. Synopsis - Create a longer description that is based on your manuscripts’ major plot developments.
3. Chapter Outline - Create empty chapters and outline them according to your synopsis.
4. With the detail from your pitch, synopsis, and chapter outlines, you begin to write the content of each chapter.
Manuscript for iPad can be used for more than stories and novels. Use it at your next production meeting for brainstorming or story boarding. Keep it handy during meetings for note taking, and use the index card to organize your thoughts and goals.
As you are writing, Manuscript for iPad puts you in control of every aspect of your manuscript, from start to finish:
• Create a storyboard with color-coded index cards.
• Rearrange the index cards to organize each part of your plot and character development.
• Easily add, edit, reorder and summarize chapters.
• Track your page count and word count
• Choose from several paper types to write on.
• Import or export an existing manuscript with Dropbox.
• Easily convert any textual document to a format that can be imported into Manuscript for iPad.
• Built in web tools for research, such as Wikipedia, Google, dictionary and Thesaurus.
Also available - Manuscript for Mac! It is fully compatible with both the iPhone and iPad versions. It contains many additional features and improvements. Get it now on the Mac App Store.
What's New in Version 1.4.3
Fixed iOS7 compatibility issues.
My Favorite Writing Tool.
I have used this program to mange my writing process for three ebooks to date (now working on a fourth). I have also used it as a first draft tool for fifteen to twenty blog posts. I have found it to be an excellent and enjoyable way to work. The import/export and backup functions all work flawlessly (I prefer to email a text file to myself as a backup mechanism). I also love the ease with which you can reorganize the sections or chapters in a project. The index card feature could stand to be better integrated into the workflow but, other than that minor issue, this is a really great tool for any serious writer. I have tried many other apps and keep coming back to this one. Highly recommended.
Great App but..
This an amazing app and I use it all the time for stories and articles but as some writers know, a book isn't written in a straight shot from beginning to end, often times you start at the end or somewhere in the middle and while the app is great, it doesn't allow me to move my chapters around so I can get them in order. If there was another update, I would like to be able to move the chapters around within the book. This is why it only got 4 stars instead of 5.
I really like this app. I use it for a lot of my writing. I like the fact that I can create separate chapters and have them all compiled into a single document.
While I would love to see this app get the capability of basic text formatting (italics, bold, etc.) what it desperately needs is an undo button. It is too easy to hit the wrong command and paste the wrong thing or delete something by accident on these touch screens so please please add this feature. Thanks!