By Black Mana Studios
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Manuscript for Mac has been released. It is fully compatible with both the iPhone and iPad versions. It contains many additional features and improvements. Get it now on the Mac App Store.
"Manuscript Makes Mobile Writing Nearly Perfect"
The iPhone App Review
Featured on Apple's "New and Noteworthy" (02-FEB-2010)
*** CURRENT VERSION ***
Manusript 1.2.1 is now live:
• Word count and page count on the Manuscript list screen.
• Dropbox support.
• Users are now able to convert any textual document to a format that Manuscript recognizes and imports. Simply follow these simple guidelines and your Dropbox textual document will become an editable Manuscript on your iPhone:
1. First line in your Dropbox document will become the Manuscript name
2. Second line will become the author name
3. Chapter titles start with a number then a dot, for example: "1. First Chapter".
4. Typing [new chapter] before each chapter title will signify it is a chapter title. There is no need to type those characters before the first chapter.
For a template TXT file, please check our website at www.blackmana.com
*** WHAT IS MANUSCRIPT ***
Manuscript is a writing application that lets you outline, research, edit and export anywhere between a short story and an entire book - right on your iPhone!
Manuscript is not limited to writing stories – you can use it for note-taking, project management, storyboard and much more.
• Create a manuscript from scratch or import from Dropbox.
• Outline your manuscript using multiple levels:
Pitch – One sentence tagline.
Synopsis – A more elaborate description of the plot or article, covering major developments.
Index cards – Serves as a repository for ideas, character development, reminders and more.
• On top of Pitch and Synopsis, each chapter can be outlined individually. You can create empty chapters, outline them, and then pour content into them in any order you like.
• Use Wikipedia, dictionary and thesaurus from within the app.
• Backup your work-in-progress or export your finished manuscript to Dropbox as an RTF,TXT or HTML file that can be read by both Mac and PC.
NOTE: When you create a new chapter, the text field under the chapter name is an OUTLINE, not the chapter textual contents. To actually write the chapter content, close the new chapter screen, get out of edit mode, and click on the chapter you want to edit.
What's New in Version 1.4.2
Fixed iOS6 compatibility issues.
Updated Dropbox import/export.
Exactly What I Needed!
I've been a writer of several years, attempting to write out a serious novel in my iPod's notes app. Yeah, that wasn't a great set-up to say the least.
I'm very fast with my thumbs- I can't use a keyboard half as fast, I just use the normal iPod keypad, its the fastest for me, the best for typing as fast as I can think.
But obviously writing 3000+ word chapters in a setting designed for shopping lists isn't great.
All my chapters got mixed up, out of order, lists of different chapters from different things all in one line, finally I decided I needed a writing app. After lots of research I figured I'd try this. I don't exactly have a lot of money to throw away so I was very cautious.
From what I've seen so far, the layout here is wonderful. I can file things properly like I would want for a book, and I even have a notes area for random ideas and information bits I want to type up for characters, fictional species, cities, etc.
It has no horribly distracting ads you have to pay to get rid of from what I've seen so far, which is a big relief.
My only complaints are that the screen does not fit my fifth gen iPod, it's still the size of the fourth, and I cannot find any way to bold or italicize my text- that last being a big disappointment. Fix this and I'll probably give it five stars. ^^
Please Update for iPhone 5!
I love the app, I just wish it was compatible for my iPhone 5. The screen is at an iPhone 4-4s screen. But otherwise, it's great!
It's good. But there is better.
I really really wanted to use this app for my books. But the smaller format, on an already small iPhone 5s is pretty much a deal breaker.
I'm now writing my book with Evernote and organizing it with tags.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 25, 2013
- Version: 1.4.2
- Size: 1.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Black Mana Studios
- © Black Mana Studios
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.