Manything stands for Monitor Anything…and that's exactly what you can do with our app!
Manything lets you give a spare iPhone or iPad a new lease of life - just download the Manything app on your spare device to turn it into an instant home security camera.
- Easy set up
- Live video streaming
- Motion alerts
- Two way talk
- Adjustable detection zones and camera sensitivity
- IFTTT smart home integration
- Easy clip sharing and downloading
- Optional cloud storage plans to watch past video events and save them to the Manything cloud
Simply install Manything on your spare device, select "Camera" mode and press record. Then download Manything to your main phone or tablet which you carry with you and select "Viewer". It's that simple, now you can watch your camera from anywhere!
(Manything requires iOS 6 and above to operate in camera mode and iOS 8 and above to operate in viewer mode.)
On our free plan you can use 1 spare device as a Manything camera - you can receive motion/sound alerts and watch your camera live stream! Want to use more than 1 device, watch past video events and save video to the Manything cloud? Upgrade to a monthly subscription plan from just $3.99/month:
- 1 camera, 2 days cloud recording $3.99
- 1 camera, 30 days cloud recording $7.99
- 2 cameras, 2 days cloud recording $6.99
- 2 cameras, 30 days cloud recording $12.99
- 5 cameras, 2 days cloud recording $12.99
- 5 cameras, 30 days cloud recording $25.99
If you choose to upgrade, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at the point of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew each month unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal in your App Store settings which can be found in your phone or tablet settings menu. The current month cannot be cancelled once it has started.
Good news for those using Manything with Hikvision cameras - if your camera has an internal microphone or an AUX input you can now record sound. Just go to the settings menu and flip the switch!
Ratings and Reviews
(UPDATE) I created an account
I downloaded Manything to my phone & an old iPad. I created an account. I thought I would use this set up as a security camera. I logged into manything on my phone... I’ll repeat. I am logged into manything on my phone RIGHT NOW... so naturally I went to log in on my old iPad using the same account. On the iPad, it claims the account I am currently logged into on my phone, doesn’t exist. I double checked my credentials. I input the correct email & password, but only one device is recognizing my account. I’ll try again tomarrow, but if I can’t log in on at least 2 devices, manything is useless to me.
UPDATED ... 8 hours passed (overnight). Manythings on the iPad now recognizes my account. I’m raising my star review to 3 as the app appears to be functioning well enough, with no issues (so far). I have been able to monitor one room from my phone, I’ll be adding a second room shortly. I don’t anticipate any further connectivity issues like I saw earlier.
I’m now mostly satisfied, though I still find Manythings to be lacking.
I had hoped to find a Manythings app for AppleTv, so I can monitor multiple rooms from there... without luck.
I’m deducting one star for slowness to become usable (a ‘monitor’ without a ‘camera’ is useless. I had to wait overnight to set up a camera for the purpose of monitoring.)
I’m deducting one star because there’s no AppleTv app. I’d much rather use my Tv as the monitor I view my informal security camera system from.
Great idea, but terrible outcome.
This app is a great idea. Turning any old phone or tablet into a ho e security camera. Very nice idea. This app does have a few problems though.
1. This app kinda lied about the supported devices. For instance, I wanted to use my very nice iPhone 3GS as a home security camera and it was running iOS 6.1 and it should be supported with this app. Turns out, it’s not. In the app description it says that you can use any device with iOS 6 or later but when trying to download the app, a notification said that I needed iOS 8. Very disappointing.
2. Payment. At first I thought this was the greatest thing ever. I thought the app was free or you would make a one time payment when you buy the app. But I was wrong. You actually need to pay for how many days you want to use this app. (Sort of like a phone bill) it’s very annoying.
So that’s why this app deserves a 2 Star Review. It’s a good app idea, but it’s also terrible.
Bad to worse
UPDATE: on iOS 11.0
App has deteriorated even further with release of iOS 11.0. Clips often turn to black now in addition to even worse levels of jerkiness as described below.
App is virtually unusable now. What an utter waste of time. Reducing to 1 star and cancelled subscription.
ORIGINAL: on 10.3.3
Latest version of the app is EXTREMELY jerky when scrubbing through clips. This occurs on both iPhone 7 and iPad Air 2, both on 10.3.3, even after deleting and reinstalling the app.
Prior to this update, when scrubbing through a clip the app was always silky smooth. But now scrubbing through a clip constantly results in random jerkiness and hang-ups, inevitably causing inadvertent skips to the next or previous clip as the app hangs and your gesture turns into a swipe. Once or twice of this nonsense is ok, but when you're reviewing hundreds of clips and this is repeated hundreds of times, it quickly becomes a frustrating and colossal waste of time.
Another needed change is clear functional distinctions in the ui between scrubbing and swiping. Far too often (especially in this latest version as described) it is way too easy to turn a scrub into a swipe. This is poor design resulting in unacceptable performance.
I will not renew my subscription and start looking for alternatives if the jerkiness is not fixed. If fixed, I'll stick around as well as change my rating.
- Manything Systems Ltd
- 72.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Japanese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Manything Systems Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- 2 days cloud for 1 camera $3.99
- Manything 2 day cloud recording for 2 cameras $6.99
- Manything 30 day cloud recording for 1 camera $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.