MapAPic Location Scout for Photography and Filmmaking
By Sea To Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Be always prepared for your shoots with MapAPic! Created by a photographer for photographers and film makers, MapAPic saves you time and effort by organizing all your shoot locations in a powerful, searchable database. In addition, it shows you the times of sunrise, sunset and the golden and blue hours for all your locations. Streamline your workflow with MapAPic, so you can spend more time creating.
If you want to try MapAPic for free, please download MapAPic Lite!
• Instantly save any location, with photos and GPS position
• Create locations from existing pictures using their EXIF GPS data
• View the times of sunrise, sunset, the Golden and Blue hour for your saved locations, for any date
• Full-text search in your location database
• Tag and mark locations as favorite
• View saved locations as a list or on a map
• Email your locations to other users of MapAPic
• Get driving directions to any location
• Street address is auto-detected for the locations you save
OUR USERS SAY
Definitely best app of its kind.
-- Michael Weber
I'd highly recommend it for anyone who doesn't already have a location app. The normal asking price is a bargain.
Awesome app!!! Going to make location scouting a lot more convenient!
just purchased your app. BRILLIANT! :) thanks so much!
Map-a-Pic is faster than Evernote in that it does specifically what it's designed to do.
What's New in Version 1.9.1
* ¡Ahora en español! MapAPic is now fully translated into Spanish!
* Fix for a bug where a new location sometimes wouldn't appear in the list until the app restart
* Fix for deleting images from locations
I welcome all feedback about the app! To message me in MapAPic, please go to Options -> Bug report / suggestion.
I am a filmmaker here is my experience using the app. First it's too slow to take a picture. You have to click "add photo" then "use camera". Forget adding photos from a car, its too slow. You can't share the locations with a team of people unless they all have the app or you spend hours transferring the locations and photos to a pdf but then you might as well use a different app. Each saved location has a small thumbnail as a preview. If you have a 10 "park" locations and you are looking for a particular angle you need to look one by one until you find it. I can't really use this app because of these things. If it could export the location with all the photos it would be useful imo.
Good app with some shortcomings
I like this app. The best location scouting one I've seen so far, but it could be even better.
The main problem is that all fo your data is trapped within the app. You can export and send to other people, but they have to have the same app to be able to view it. I can't tell a creative director or producer that he has to download an app to be able to view my location scout. If there was some way to export a PDF or other file type that could easily be shared/emailed without needing to be viewed on a proprietary app, that would be great!
Another minor bug is that even if you edit the pin of a location, the old location still appears on the main map.
If these 2 items were addressed this would definitely be a 5 star app!
MapAPic has become an important part of my photography workflow. This software has enabled me to better scout new scenes and find them again to take better planned images with more effective composition. The GPS and other locational data that it provides is just awesome!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Mar 23, 2016
- Version: 1.9.1
- Size: 14.0 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Sea To Software, LLC
- © 2011-2016 Sea To Software, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.