Map Camera: Append a Map to your Photo
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Great review by Cult of Mac:
"And it’s not just good for vacation photos."
This photo app enjoys good reviews on other professional sites such as "iOS Photo Apps" and "Hand Held Hollywood" as well.
Download full resolution samples of photos created with this app at: http://mapcamera.seesawapps.info
A must-have for street photographers!
It is very useful for field work too.
A quick and visual way to document date, time and location (including camera direction) where photos are taken.
Map Camera adds value to your creation by displaying integrally and tastefully location and time data on your photos.
Map Camera lets you append a location map to each of your photos with a single tap. The map also indicates where you are facing when you take the photo.
You may select from any of the 3 map types: standard, satellite or hybrid.
The app prints location, date and time stamp automatically on your photos as you take them.
Filters are selected and applied on the fly as you take photos, allowing you to see the world through the selected filter while composing your shots!
Option to take square photos.
Share your creations via Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, email...
Tightly integrated with Whatsapp, Line, Wechat, etc.
Seamless integration with Dropbox, Box, G Drive, SkyDrive, etc
List technical things about your photos (ISO, shutter speed, flash...)
Import photos from your photo library to append maps to them.
See example photos created or edited by Map Camera on twitter/ Instagram: #mapmypic #mappic
While composing or importing,
- Tap the address overlay to switch its position between top and bottom;
- Long-press on address overlay to:
-- Edit address;
-- Change font color of overlay;
-- Optionally print latitude/longitude;
-- Optionally disable printing of date and time
- Minimalist and intuitive interface design with swipe and tap gestures;
- Append location map to each of your photos with a single tap;
- Location map indicates camera direction as well
- 3 map types to select from: standard, satellite or hybrid;
- Print location, date and time stamp automatically on your photos as you take them
- Select and switch photo formats (Portrait, landscape, square) on the fly;
- Select and switch photo filters on the fly while composing your shots;
- Complete metadata (exif, GPS, ...) is retained in final saved photos;
- List and view all raw metadata on an overlay;
- Built-in single-tap sharing with Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, email;
- Integration with messaging services like Whatsapp, Telegram, Line, WeChat, etc
- Integration with cloud storage services like Dropbox, Box, G Drive, SkyDrive, etc
- Integration with photo editing tools like Snapseed
- Import photos from photo library for location and time stamping, and map appending
Location services need to be turned on obviously when you take pictures.
Internet connection is needed to get the address of your location fix.
For saving and importing from Camera Roll to work, "Access to Photos" for this app in "Privacy" in "Settings" has to be enabled.
Imported photos have to contain GPS metadata, otherwise the app won't know where they are taken and thus no map is possible. Pictures downloaded from web or from messaging apps mostly do not contain GPS data. Photos taken with the native camera app should contain GPS data unless you have explicitly disabled it.
This app belongs to SeeSawApps. It has nothing to do with mapcamera.com or Syuppin Co Ltd or the Map Camera stores in Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
What's New in Version 3.1
- added option not to print date and timestamp on photo
- minor bug fixes
- cosmetic updates
Makes customizable, 3-D maps too
My favorite photo-mapping app. I use Map Camera a lot. It's fun as well as a great help when revisiting locations.
(It was unfair of me to describe as a "flaw" a function that I wish it had. Which is to choose photos to import from the phone's Pictures library more easily.)
More functionality could of course be added to Map Camera in order provide this app with even more incredible power than it already has. Such as the ability to create documents, and trip journals...surveys...if only I knew how to make my own app!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Mar 29, 2016
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 2.2 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Chia Jit San
- © 2013 SeeSaw
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.