Track and map every hike with MapMyHike. For every mile you go, you’ll get feedback and stats to help you improve your performance. Discover new workout routes and save or share your favorites, and get inspired to reach new hiking goals with a 40 million member strong community of athletes. Whether you’re a beginner on your first long hike or a pro, you’ll find the features and tools you need to stay on track and motivated along the way.
TRACK AND MAP YOUR WORKOUTS
- Get audio feedback on every GPS-tracked hike and view the route you took on the map.
- Choose from over 600 different sports to keep a full log of all your activities.
- Use the Routes feature to find nearby places to hike, save your favorite paths, add new ones and share them with others.
ANALYZE YOUR PERFORMANCE ON EVERY MILE
- Gain in-depth insights on every workout, with detailed stats including pace, distance, duration, calorie burn, elevation, and more.
- Keep an eye on your progress by reviewing your previous workouts.
- Set personal goals and adjust them as you improve with each hike.
CONNECT WITH APPS AND WEARABLES
- Let your shoes do the tracking - SpeedForm® Gemini 2 Record-Equipped Shoes automatically track your activity and sync your data with your MapMyHike app.
- Sync your data with the hottest apps and wearables, including Garmin, Fitbit, Jawbone, and hundreds more.
- Take control of your nutrition by connecting with MyFitnessPal for a comprehensive look at your calorie intake and burn.
JOIN A COMMUNITY OF MORE THAN 40 MILLION ATHLETES
- Stay up-to-date with friends and motivate each other.
- Share your workouts through Facebook and Twitter.
- Join Challenges to compete with others, climb the leaderboard, and win awesome prizes.
TAKE YOUR HIKES FURTHER WITH MVP PREMIUM FEATURES
- Reach your hiking goal with a personal training plan which adapts dynamically to your fitness level as you improve.
- Monitor and analyze your Heart Rate zones to adjust your training based on your goal.
- Keep distractions to your training to a minimum with no ads.
- Create custom splits based on the distance you want to track.
- Access additional premium features on MapMyHike.com
If you upgrade to a premium MVP subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. The monthly subscription costs USD 5.99 per month, while the yearly subscription costs USD 29.99 per year, or USD 2.50 per month. Your subscription renews automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. There is no increase in cost when renewing.
Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal turned off in Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. Once purchased, the current period cannot be canceled. Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited if you choose to purchase a premium subscription to MVP.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
MapMyHike is powered by Under Armour Connected Fitness – the world’s largest health and fitness community. The complete suite of Under Armour apps, built to empower healthy and active lifestyles, includes UA Record, MapMyFitness, Endomondo, and MyFitnessPal.
Our new version has arrived! Check out these updates:
- The Apple Watch experience is outfitted with a fresh new look, complete with new activities to track, including hiking and treadmill workouts!
- Connected footwear users now have access to two new coaching progress graphs. You can now see how your running form varies over the course of your run, relative to target range, and how your running form varies over your last eight eligible coaching runs.
Ratings and Reviews
Big Springs Loop
I first started hiking, biking, and skiing this trail over 40 years ago. I can’t do the biking and skiing anymore but I can still sure enjoy hiking the trail. It’s great to have a trail 20 minutes from home that I can enjoy any time of the year. You can make it as easy or as long as you want especially when you’re biking. We built 2 half mile sections so that we could ride a double loop. The Shingle Mill trail The forest service bill unfortunately is badly washed out now. There is an acceptable connecting trail that you can ride. It surprises me to be up here on a Saturday morning and not see a biker.
Decent, with a few drawbacks
This is the app I use the most for hiking. I like that it gives me my elevation gain/loss, but I wish it would do that DURING the hike rather than after I’ve saved the hike and then reopened it for “analysis”. It always says my distance is further than what my Garmin watch says, so you decide which is more accurate. It also has my calorie consumption higher. Hmm. I also wish that I could enter the weight of my backpack/gear and have that computed into my caloric consumption too. Yes, the free version has some ads, but it’s not that annoying so I expect and tolerate them.
Love Map my Hike
Love this app. I find that is much more accurate than the Apple Health app especially when tracking elevation climbed. I also had a Fitbit and finally gave up on it bc it was extremely inaccurate. I'm still using the free version, but tempted to upgrade...one minor complaint though. When I have it on auto pause it sometimes doesn’t re-engage right away when I have manually paused it.
- Under Armour, Inc.
- 238.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Under Armour Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly MVP $5.99
- Annual MVP $29.99
- Annual MVP $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.