Map My Run - GPS Running & Workout Tracker
By Under Armour
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Track and map every run with MapMyRun. For every mile you go, you’ll get feedback and stats to help you improve your performance. Discover new workout routes and save or share your favorites, and get inspired to reach new running goals with a 40 million member strong community of runners. Whether you’re a beginner looking to log your first mile or a seasoned runner, you’ll find the features and tools you need to stay on track and motivated along the way.
- Named one of the 10 best lifestyle iPhone apps of all time by Mashable
- Featured in the NY Times, TechCrunch, Wired, and TIME
- Voted Best Running App Reader's Choice on About.com
TRACK AND MAP YOUR WORKOUTS
- Get audio feedback on every GPS-tracked run and view the route you took on the map.
- Choose from over 600 different sports to keep a full log of all your activities.
- Use the Routes feature to find nearby places to run, save your favorite paths, add new ones and share them with others.
ANALYZE YOUR PERFORMANCE ON EVERY MILE
- Gain in-depth insights on every workout, with detailed stats including pace, distance, duration, calorie burn, elevation, and more.
- Keep an eye on your progress by reviewing your previous workouts.
- Set personal goals and adjust them as you improve with each run.
CONNECT WITH APPS AND WEARABLES
- Let your shoes do the tracking - SpeedForm® Gemini 2 Record-Equipped Running Shoes automatically track your runs and sync your data with your MapMyRun app.
- Sync your data with the hottest apps and wearables, including Apple Watch, Garmin, Fitbit, Jawbone, and hundreds more.
- Take control of your nutrition by connecting with MyFitnessPal for a comprehensive look at your calorie intake and burn.
JOIN A COMMUNITY OF MORE THAN 40 MILLION RUNNERS
- Stay up-to-date with friends and motivate each other.
- Share your workouts through Facebook and Twitter.
- Join challenges to compete with others, climb the leaderboard, and win awesome prizes.
TAKE YOUR RUNS FURTHER WITH MVP PREMIUM FEATURES
- Reach your running goal with a personal training plan which adapts dynamically to your fitness level as you improve.
- Monitor and analyze your Heart Rate zones to adjust your training based on your goal.
- Keep distractions on your training to a minimum with no ads.
- Create custom splits based on the distance you want to track.
- Access additional premium features on MapMyRun.com
Should you choose to upgrade to a Premium MVP subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.The monthly subscription costs USD 5.99 per month while the yearly subscription costs USD 29.99 per year or USD 2.50 per month. Subscription renews automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. There is no increase in cost when renewing.
Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal turned off in Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. Once purchased, the current period cannot be canceled. Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited if you choose to purchase a premium subscription to MVP.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
MapMyRun is powered by Under Armour Connected Fitness – the world’s largest health and fitness community. The complete suite of Under Armour apps, built to empower healthy and active lifestyles, includes UA Record, MapMyFitness, Endomondo and MyFitnessPal.
What's New in Version 16.9.0
This fresh update brings you the best of what iOS 10 has to offer:
• Siri functionality - to start/pause/finish your workouts through Siri.
• Watch app has watchOS 3 support, which includes:
• Support for running a workout in the background on the watch.
• Tracking your heart rate using the watch's sensors.
• Real-time splits and heart rate tracking on the watch.
• Support for iOS 10 and bug fixes for a smooth workout.
We hope you enjoy!
This app suddenly got better a few days ago.
I like to keep track of my running mileage and pace. It helps motivate me since I've aged (soon 73) and all 12 of my running buddies have given it up so I'm mostly running alone.
Also I moved across town recently and the app gives me a map and keeps track of my distance so I can explore and go in a different direction every day.
The best recent change is that it stops when I stop. I'm so compulsive that I frequently would pause the app while waiting for a red light or to stretch a tight tendon but I'm also forgetful when the endorphins are working and I would forget to restart the tracking. This feature seems very reliable. Now even if I get home at the end of a run and forget to turn it off it patiently waits without racking up more time.
I don't know how many runs it will store. My previous app was not only twitchy and unreliable but it would suddenly lose my old runs. I would like an option to store old data in the cloud.
Apple Watch app is super glitchy
This is actually one of my favorite apps. I've been using it for years for outdoor running. It is always improving. While I like some of the upgrades on the newest Apple Watch version, it is super glitchy. They to pause, but the screen freezes (so not really sure it's paused). Then try to resume and it asks me if I want to save this work out or discard it. Thinking it must have quite my run, I hit save, but then it actually resumes. Even after I quite my run (normally have to do from my phone because it doesn't work on the Watch) my phone still thinks MapMyRun is still tracking my location (because the Watch still is). I really hope they get these kinks worked out cause overall it's a great app. I really don't want to have to Cary my phone once I get my Series 2 Watch.
Overall decent with some bugs
It's a nice app to track outdoor runs, but thats the breath of its functionality. Common bugs I've found:
- pause does not work. Say you walked a mile and want to hop on a bus and then walk the rest of the way, so you pause when you hop on the bus. Well as soon as you unpause the app adds the time and distance traveled during that bus ride. You could complete the walk and start a new one, but so many challenges require a 20 minute workout (tgat you would have with the 2 walking times separated by the bus), but this seems outside the apps abilities.
- fairly worthless for tracking all other workouts, unless you know exact calories burned with your weights or yoga class.
- fine to manually enter treadmill runs but the screen freezes often when doing this
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Sep 13, 2016
- Version: 16.9.0
- Size: 166 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: MapMyFitness
- © 2015, MapMyFitness Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Monthly MVP$5.99
- Annual MVP$29.99