Track and map every walk with MapMyWalk. For every mile you go, you’ll get feedback and stats to help you improve your performance. Discover new workout routes and save or share your favorites, and get inspired to reach new walking goals with a 40 million member strong community of athletes. Whether you’re a beginner on your first long walk or a pro, you’ll find the features and tools you need to stay on track and motivated along the way.
TRACK AND MAP YOUR WORKOUTS
- Get audio feedback on every GPS-tracked walk and view the route you took on the map.
- Choose from over 600 different sports to keep a full log of all your activities.
- Use the Routes feature to find nearby places to walk, save your favorite paths, add new ones and share them with others.
ANALYZE YOUR PERFORMANCE ON EVERY MILE
- Gain in-depth insights on every workout, with detailed stats including pace, distance, duration, calorie burn, elevation, and more.
- Keep an eye on your progress by reviewing your previous workouts.
- Set personal goals and adjust them as you improve with each walk.
CONNECT WITH APPS AND WEARABLES
- Let your shoes do the tracking - SpeedForm® Gemini 2 Record-Equipped Shoes automatically track your activity and sync your data with your MapMyWalk app.
- Sync your data with the hottest apps and wearables, including Garmin, Fitbit, Jawbone, and hundreds more.
- Take control of your nutrition by connecting with MyFitnessPal for a comprehensive look at your calorie intake and burn.
JOIN A COMMUNITY OF MORE THAN 40 MILLION ATHLETES
- Stay up-to-date with friends and motivate each other.
- Share your workouts through Facebook and Twitter.
- Join Challenges to compete with others, climb the leaderboard, and win awesome prizes.
TAKE YOUR WALKS FURTHER WITH MVP PREMIUM FEATURES
- Reach your walking goal with a personal training plan which adapts dynamically to your fitness level as you improve.
- Monitor and analyze your Heart Rate zones to adjust your training based on your goal.
- Keep distractions to your training to a minimum with no ads.
- Create custom splits based on the distance you want to track.
- Access additional premium features on MapMyWalk.com
If you upgrade to a premium MVP subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. The monthly subscription costs USD 5.99 per month, while the yearly subscription costs USD 29.99 per year, or USD 2.50 per month. Your subscription renews automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. There is no increase in cost when renewing.
Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal turned off in Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. Once purchased, the current period cannot be canceled. Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited if you choose to purchase a premium subscription to MVP.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
MapMyWalk is powered by Under Armour Connected Fitness – the world’s largest health and fitness community. The complete suite of Under Armour apps, built to empower healthy and active lifestyles, includes UA Record, MapMyFitness, Endomondo, and MyFitnessPal.
Here's the list of the exciting features to announce in this update!
- You don't need to be signed up for a race to sign up for a training plan! Along with a design refresh, we're introducing two new training plans: Run to Lose Weight and Learn Running Basics. Pro tip: pairing workouts to your training plan sessions automatically adjusts the mileage goals for the next week.
- Siri Shortcuts are now enabled!
- You can now update your password on the settings page.
- Don't forget to tell your friends "Congrats" when they finish their workout!
Ratings and Reviews
Crazy since last update
Update #2 Jan 6 - the GPS and timer function have gone crazy one more time. Says I am walking a 7 minute mile and I know I walk fast but.....also the distance is not correct because I do the same route and it did not register the mile until I had gone at least 1.2 miles. This is SO FRUSTRATING because I rely on his app as an accurate tracker. If this keeps happening I am going to ditch it for something that really works all the time, not sporadically.
UPDATE - since the very latest update on Nov 2 it seems to be better. Today it properly tracked time and distance. Hopefully the problem is fixed. Upgraded from two to four stars based on historical use and the new improvements. Like the larger screen display too so thanks for that! Stay tuned!
********************************************I have an iPhone and have been using this app for at least two years no issues. Since the last update it is not properly tracking time OR distance and therefore not tracking calories or anything else correctly. I know this because I take the exact same walk almost every day so have it in my history. I walk fast but I can’t do 1.2 miles in 8 minutes!! Please fix ASAP.
Developer Response ,
I'm very sorry to hear about all of the issues you've had with distance accuracy. Please know that we are aware of issues like these are we are hard at work eliminating them. We have some major updates planned for later this month and continuing for the next several months. Stay tuned!
Worked great b4 UnderArmor bought them
I’ve used Map My Walk since 2014 & was very happy with it until a few months ago when it became difficult to start the app. It would take several attempts, rebooting, re-installing, etc. Very annoying when all you want to do is start your workout. Next I noticed problems with the GPS tracking; it began to stop tracking me, then would jump straight to my current location in a straight line. This would result in negating the whole workout if you’re trying to track your progress over time. Recently I noticed it has shortchanged my distance tracking, so it calls out my first mile results when I’ve only walked .6 of a mile, even tho the map showing my track was accurate. FYI I have a new iPhone 8 with the latest versions this app & iOS. All of this has been very frustrating so I did some research online and found these problems began shortly after Map My Walk was bought by UnderArmor. Other reviewers have reported the same problems. Please get it together! I don’t like the other apps as much as the old pre-UnderArmor Map My Walk app!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to write in with your feedback. We understand how frustrating it is when your workout is negatively impacted by recording issues. We’re sorry this happened and the team is actively working on improvements to our tracking technology so this doesn’t happen to you again. For some scenarios, there are simple troubleshooting steps that can prevent lost or inaccurate data during your workout. The following link contains tips for optimizing your phone’s settings for recording workouts with GPS: https://mmf.zendesk.com/hc/articles/200117984. We recognize how important it is to provide reliable, accurate workout data regardless of the environment. Our engineering team studied the challenges of GPS tracking and built an improved recording experience designed to enhance precision across environments. While it’s not ready for the App Store yet, we could use your help in reaching the finish line. If you’d like to join our Beta Program, you will get early access to the improved workout engine and be able to provide direct feedback to our team. The more people like you we have in the program, the better we will be able to test our updates and refine the results across different geographies and environments. To join, go to Help > Join our Beta program in our mobile app. From there, you will receive an email invitation in the coming weeks with directions to download the Beta version of MapMyRun. We couldn’t do what we do without users like you. Thank you for sending us the candid feedback - we hope you’ll work with us to help make this the best workout tracker on the planet.
Good but a couple annoyances
The app counts my miles and time and maps it. The maps seems to be accurate. I haven’t tried it wont put cellular so if it doesn’t work without cellular that would be an improvement suggested. There are several hiking apps that do this now. What I find missing is 1) a shortcut to pandora. I am pretty sure previous version when I started the app recording it started Pandora as an option. It doesn’t do that anymore. 2) I don’t like having to hold down the button to stop the workout. I just want to tap it to stop and tap it again to save it. Too long holding button and then goes to another screen to save it. Too many steps. Otherwise it is a good product and I use it a lot but I don’t have to do much more than he basics and I think it could do them more friendly for the user.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! Our only music integration is with Apple Music/iTunes, but we are always looking for ways to improve our music experience, so thanks for the feedback!
- Under Armour, Inc.
- 306.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Under Armour Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly MVP $5.99
- Annual MVP $29.99
- Annual MVP $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.