Map Pilot helps you create and fly the optimal flight path to create great maps using the Maps Made Easy map processing service. Collecting great data to create high resolution aerial maps with your DJI flying camera is just a few clicks away. Process into the final product using your own photogrammetry software or our Maps Made Easy online service. Mapping has never been easier.
Process unlimited jobs of up to 104 images (12 megapixels) for free with Maps Made Easy.
View Documentation: http://support.dronesmadeeasy.com
Define the area, select the level of detail, and go.
Manual Restart Point Selection
Automatic, Shutter Priority and Manual Exposure Modes
Basemap Caching for Offline Operations
Connectionless Camera Triggering
External Map Data and Markers via MapBox
Terrain Aware Image Footprint Display
Fully Offline Capable Terrain Awareness (IAP)
Multi-Pass Linear Mission Planning (IAP)
Custom Terrain Data Import
3D Grid Mission Planning
Movable Home Point to Track the Pilot (IAP)
Refly Saved Missions
View 3D logs on-device with Google Earth
Import KML via Email or AirDrop
Export KML, log files, and Flights file via Email or AirDrop
Flight Log review
Built-in Simulator for testing
HealthyDrones upload from Log File Manager
RAW imaging available via In App Purchase
Fullest Possible Use of Each Battery
Appropriate Camera Triggering
Automatic Takeoff and Landing
Live Video Preview (large and small)
Signal Quality Warning
Line of Sight Indicator
Automatically Captures Elevation Reference Image (Ground Image)
Natural Landing Assistance
Live Map View
Compatible with iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11, and iOS 12.
Inspire 2 w/X4S and X5S
Phantom 4 Pro
Phantom 4 Advanced
Mavic 2 Pro
Mavic 2 Zoom
Phantom 3 Professional
Phantom 3 Advanced
Phantom 3 Standard
Inspire 1 Pro
No Ronin support is available.
Fixed Image Footprint issue that can cause crashing.
Fixed Camera Settings not being available while aircraft is on the ground.
Updated DJI SDK for stability and compatibility.
Enabled app crash reporting.
Ratings and Reviews
This is the only solution for flying with elevation control. Works very well in mountainous terrain. I use the linear mission regularly. It allows me to profile a road by defining the centerline. A recent IOS update caused problems but the support was quick and efficient and personal. I give this my highest recommendation. For engineering aerial photogrammetry this is the very best program.
Works great, UI needs work
It’s a 1 trick pony, (flying a grid within a box to snap pictures suitable for mapping) but it does its job very well.
It flies my Phantom 3 perfectly - I have to admit it was a bit nerve-wracking to push the start button and watch it fly away on it’s own the first time, but it worked great.
Being able to create missions indoors, with the phantom offline is fantastic. Especially in the winter when you don’t want to take your gloves off more than necessary.
Areas for improvement:
-Reusing missions is possible,(Ideal for tracking changes in an area over time) but you can’t modify a mission (ex change the altitude if you decide you were too high) - that requires a new mission.
- You can’t make a box that has an indented side. You can add as many points to a side as you want as long as they bulge out between the 2 ends.
- Nowhere in the app (that I could find) does it tell you about their mapsmadeeasy cloud service that stitches your photos together
- It doesn’t always start the mission close to your launch point. It’s easy to adjust, but I’ve set up missions where both the default beginning and end point were on the other end of the grid from the launch.
Needs more options fix please
I like how you can plot your flight pattern, and this app does a good job at flying it for you. Here's where the app falls short "imo" I takes way,way,way to many photos. The app needs to have the ability for the user to select where along the flight path you want a photo taken by dropping pins of your poi.
Current version you have to fly higher for less photos. It also needs the option to pick the distance between your passes without having to go to a higher altitude. Here's an example of what it should be able to do.... Let's say I want to fly a 50 acre area, I want to fly at 150ft, take 6 photos of poi, and make 6 passes within this area. If you were to try flying a 50 acre area at 150ft with the way the app is now, you would make approx 20-30 passes and take 900 photos not joking.
- Automotive Data Research
- 74.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Drones Made Easy
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Terrain Awareness $9.99
- Unlock Linear Mission Planning $19.99
- Unlock RAW Photo Format $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.