Mapillary is a collaborative street-level imagery platform for extracting map data at scale using computer vision. Anyone can capture images of any place, as often as needed, with any camera—including smartphones.
Mapillary connects all images across space and time to create 3D views of places and automatically extract map data from the imagery with computer vision. This data is available to anyone to make better maps and develop our cities and traffic environments.
Capturing with the Mapillary mobile app is the easiest way to join our contributor network. Let’s get started!
CREATE YOUR OWN STREET-LEVEL VIEWS
You control when and where to capture to create the freshest street-level imagery. Mapillary’s technology combines all images into a navigable view and blurs faces and license plates for privacy.
SHARE IMAGES WITH A GLOBAL NETWORK
Mapillary contributors are people, organizations, companies, and governments in 190 countries. Millions of images are added to the dataset every week, available for exploring in the mobile app.
GENERATE MAP DATA WITH COMPUTER VISION
All imagery is processed with computer vision to detect objects in images and generate map data that’s available to everyone. To explore map data, go to mapillary.com.
- added app version to settings screen (at the bottom)
- fixed bug where profile page could be empty first time after login
- fixed bug where stats were incorrectly rounded in profile view
- fixed bug where OSM authentication would not work. The webview now sets custom user agent so that OSM thinks you are on Desktop.
- increased threshold for "locking to forward" to 5 m/s (was 1.5 m/s)
Ratings and Reviews
A great app, and a great tool
This app is great, well-designed, and already one of my favorite tools for adding data to OpenStreetMap too, and I've only used it a couple times!
I have only one complaint... You can't throttle the upload speed. Whenever I've got hundreds of photos to upload, my wifi becomes unusable by anyone or anything but this app. If it weren't for that, I'd give it five stars.
Oddish Design For iPhone
Kinda odd design for iPhone. Buttons partially off screen. Swapping back and forth between camera and map is cool though. Main reason for deducting stars is that I feel if you have 1,000+ photos in the queue to sync the device slows down drastically and had significant standalone camera performance degradation.
Instagram for maps!
Love this app! Mapped my home town on a bike over two weekends and now anyone can see what it looks like. Tried sending links to photos when I'm traveling and works great as a way for my friends to follow my adventures.
- Mapillary AB
- 65 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Estonian, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2017 Mapillary AB
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.