Maplets — by Zaia Design
By Zaia Design
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• • • With over 1 million map downloads by our users, Maplets is still the most comprehensive offline map app on the app store!
• • • More than 10,000 maps in the US and worldwide including Yosemite, New York Subway, London Tube, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, State Parks, and more.
Maplets is the perfect compliment to Google Maps: You can download and store maps of national parks, state parks, metro, subway, bike maps, ski resorts, college campuses, zoos, theme parks and more! In addition, this is an iPhone and iPad universal app so there's no need to purchase the app separately for all your devices.
You do not need to purchase the more specific maplets apps such as Bike Maps or Metro Maps if you already own the full version. Maplets has access to the entire database of maps.
Please visit http://www.mobilemaplets.com/places to see a list of all available maps. Here are some examples:
P R E S S
▶ Selected by WIRED App Guide as one of the “Outstanding Apps” in the Productivity category and rated it “Buy It Now”
▶ Featured by Apple in 'Apps for the Great Outdoors' and one of the Staff Favourites
NATIONAL and STATE PARKS:
1000+ National and State Parks, including:
• Yosemite National Park
• Yellowstone National Park
• Grand Canyon National Park
... in fact, ALL the US National Parks, National Monuments, National Seashores are available
• State Parks in every state
• Local parks such as Central Park, Prospect Park, Griffith Park …
METRO and TRANSIT MAPS:
300+ Metro, Subway, Bus and Train system maps
• New York City Subway
• London Tube Map
• Paris Metro
• San Francisco Muni
• Washington Metro
… and many more!
BIKE TRAILS MAPS:
500+ maps for bike routes, rail trails, ATV, OHV or snowmobiling, including:
• Los Angeles Bike Map
• Portland Bike Maps
• St Louis Bike Map
• Washington DC Bike Map
• Many rail trail maps
• Even Bike Maps in UK and other countries
… and much more!
And then there are SKI RESORTS, UNIVERSITY CAMPUSES, ZOOS, THEME PARKS … There are just too many maps to list!
F E A T U R E S
• NEW! Add notes to any map:
– Add a pin to mark a meeting point, draw a line to measure a distance or add a path sketch a route
- Share your notes with friends or export for backup
– Undo/redo and editing capabilities
• Every map download is free, with a continually updated source of maps.
• High Resolution and Fast – Much faster than viewing the equivalent PDFs on iPhones and iPads
• Once maps are downloaded, they are stored on the device for quick access even if you have slow or no internet connection at the location.
• GPS location for supported maps (see website for complete list)
• Organize your maps into folders
• Notification of new map updates
• Hotlinks to get up-to-date information such as weather, snow report. Requires live internet connection.
S U P P O R T
If you'd like to see a park or place near you use Maplets, feel free to suggest it to us and we'll do our best to add it. Map requests are subject to availability of the particular map.
If you are an institution wishing to publish your map on our system, please contact us at email@example.com
For reporting bug, missing map information or feedback, please visit:
What's New in Version 3.3.1
• Fixed a crippling GPS bug on iPhone 5S
• iOS 7 users: a full iOS 7 ready version is in the works
I am one of those people who seldom (okay never) write a review, however this app deserves one. And a very good one.
I have spent hours on it already. I have recently moved to Portland,OR from Northern New York (couldn't have timed it better as far as the weather goes I know). So this app is indeed helpful while getting to know this unfamiliar area. Santa recently brought me a bike so I am very excited to get out on it with this app on my phone. What a slick deal it is.
I also couldn't help looking "back home" to see what kind of maps existed. It had a Provincial (Canadian) Park trail map of a lake where I spent many a summer weeks on - and never saw a single map of. Go figure...
I'm sure you'll enjoy this just as much. It's really an unbelievably great tool.
Good Job Guys and Thanks!
Nicely designed and filled with many, many map options to download, this is an excellent application. It is fun for exploring and extremely handy for traveling. Developers are very responsive: I suggested a couple of maps to add and they included them within a couple days.
Update: I constantly use the many, many maps this app makes available for off-line use. Subways, parks, museums...everything is right here and then right on my phone in high resolution. Developers are extremely responsive and have updated maps regularly and quickly. I sent in suggestions and indications of newer map versions and updates; they appeared right away for download in this app.
Very useful and a pleasure to use
I’ve been using this for several years now. It’s excellent - most helpful indeed when visiting a park, a recreation area, a campus, or any other place where Zaia can get maps. The map collection is enormous. Further, I’ve suggested several maps found on the internet that weren’t already in the app, and they were added to the app within a couple of days. That’s very responsive. Finding, downloading, and using the maps is convenient and works through a well designed interface.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Oct 25, 2013
- Version: 3.3.1
- Size: 9.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Zaia Design Limited
- © 2013 Zaia Design
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.