Maplets – The Offline Maps App
By Zaia Design
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• Maplets is the most comprehensive offline map app on the app store, with over 2 million map downloads by our users! •
• More than 10,000 maps in the US and worldwide including Yosemite, New York Subway, London Tube, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, State Parks, and more. •
Maplets is the perfect compliment to Google Maps: You can download and store maps of national parks, state parks, metro, subway, bike maps, ski resorts, college campuses, zoos, theme parks and more! In addition, this is an iPhone and iPad universal app so there's no need to purchase the app separately for all your devices.
You do not need to purchase the more specific maplets apps such as Bike Maps or Metro Maps if you already own the full version. Maplets has access to the entire database of maps.
Please visit http://www.mobilemaplets.com/places to see a list of all available maps. Here are some examples:
P R E S S
▶ Selected by WIRED App Guide as one of the “Outstanding Apps” in the Productivity category and rated it “Buy It Now”
▶ Featured by Apple in 'Apps for the Great Outdoors' and one of the Staff Favourites
NATIONAL and STATE PARKS:
1000+ National and State Parks, including:
• Yosemite National Park
• Yellowstone National Park
• Grand Canyon National Park
... in fact, ALL the US National Parks, National Monuments, National Seashores are available
• State Parks in every state
• Local parks such as Central Park, Prospect Park, Griffith Park …
METRO and TRANSIT MAPS:
300+ Metro, Subway, Bus and Train system maps
• New York City Subway
• London Tube Map
• Paris Metro
• San Francisco Muni
• Washington Metro
… and many more!
BIKE TRAILS MAPS:
500+ maps for bike routes, rail trails, ATV, OHV or snowmobiling, including:
• Los Angeles Bike Map
• Portland Bike Maps
• St Louis Bike Map
• Washington DC Bike Map
• Many rail trail maps
• Even Bike Maps in UK and other countries
… and much more!
And then there are SKI RESORTS, UNIVERSITY CAMPUSES, ZOOS, THEME PARKS … There are just too many maps to list!
F E A T U R E S
• Add notes to any map:
– Add a pin to mark a meeting point, draw a line to measure a distance or add a path sketch a route
- Share your notes with friends or export for backup
– Undo/redo and editing capabilities
• Every map download is free, with a continually updated source of maps.
• High Resolution and Fast – Much faster than viewing the equivalent PDFs on iPhones and iPads
• Once maps are downloaded, they are stored on the device for quick access even if you have slow or no internet connection at the location.
• GPS location for supported maps (see website for complete list). Please note that there's no turn-by-turn navigation feature at this point
• Organize your maps into folders
• Notification of new map updates
• Hotlinks to get up-to-date information such as weather, snow report. Requires live internet connection.
S U P P O R T
If you'd like to see a park or place near you use Maplets, feel free to suggest it to us and we'll do our best to add it. Map requests are subject to availability of the particular map.
If you are an institution wishing to publish your map on our system, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For reporting bug, missing map information or feedback, please visit:
What's New in Version 3.8.6
• Bug fixes and enhancements
Don't leave home without it!
It is to the point now that when I do multi-day backcountry trips in a national or state park, Maplets is my primary navigation tool. I know that sounds crazy, but it's true. Took a three day trip along the White Rim Road in Canyonlands Natl. Park last week, and never needed anything else, and that's just the most recent example.
Very accurate, very reliable, very easy. Download your map while on wifi or a cell network, then put your phone on airplane mode, then hike using Maplets.
Really helps to acquaint oneself with the new place.
I have been using Maplets for a while now. I have traveled all over the world using it and it has never disappointed me. It was most helpful on a recent trip to New Zealand, so that we could figure out the things that we needed to see and do and where they were placed with each other better than most other apps maps I've seen.
I absolutely love this app and have introduced it to many friends. The ability to use geo-referenced maps in airplane mode is what initially sold me. Over the past couple of years, I have used Maplet to navigate the streets of London, hiking trails and mountain bike trails. I have uploaded several maps to Maplet, and they became "live" within days. I am a volunteer hiking instructor, and this is one of my top apps.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Dec 16, 2016
- Version: 3.8.6
- Size: 21.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Zaia Design Limited
- © 2016 Zaia Design
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.