Maplets – The Offline Maps App
By Zaia Design
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• Maplets is the most comprehensive offline map app on the app store, with over 2 million map downloads by our users! •
• More than 10,000 maps in the US and worldwide including Yosemite, New York Subway, London Tube, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, State Parks, and more. •
Maplets is the perfect compliment to Google Maps: You can download and store maps of national parks, state parks, metro, subway, bike maps, ski resorts, college campuses, zoos, theme parks and more! In addition, this is an iPhone and iPad universal app so there's no need to purchase the app separately for all your devices.
You do not need to purchase the more specific maplets apps such as Bike Maps or Metro Maps if you already own the full version. Maplets has access to the entire database of maps.
Please visit http://www.mobilemaplets.com/places to see a list of all available maps. Here are some examples:
P R E S S
▶ Selected by WIRED App Guide as one of the “Outstanding Apps” in the Productivity category and rated it “Buy It Now”
▶ Featured by Apple in 'Apps for the Great Outdoors' and one of the Staff Favourites
NATIONAL and STATE PARKS:
1000+ National and State Parks, including:
• Yosemite National Park
• Yellowstone National Park
• Grand Canyon National Park
... in fact, ALL the US National Parks, National Monuments, National Seashores are available
• State Parks in every state
• Local parks such as Central Park, Prospect Park, Griffith Park …
METRO and TRANSIT MAPS:
300+ Metro, Subway, Bus and Train system maps
• New York City Subway
• London Tube Map
• Paris Metro
• San Francisco Muni
• Washington Metro
… and many more!
BIKE TRAILS MAPS:
500+ maps for bike routes, rail trails, ATV, OHV or snowmobiling, including:
• Los Angeles Bike Map
• Portland Bike Maps
• St Louis Bike Map
• Washington DC Bike Map
• Many rail trail maps
• Even Bike Maps in UK and other countries
… and much more!
And then there are SKI RESORTS, UNIVERSITY CAMPUSES, ZOOS, THEME PARKS … There are just too many maps to list!
F E A T U R E S
• Add notes to any map:
– Add a pin to mark a meeting point, draw a line to measure a distance or add a path sketch a route
- Share your notes with friends or export for backup
– Undo/redo and editing capabilities
• Every map download is free, with a continually updated source of maps.
• High Resolution and Fast – Much faster than viewing the equivalent PDFs on iPhones and iPads
• Once maps are downloaded, they are stored on the device for quick access even if you have slow or no internet connection at the location.
• GPS location for supported maps (see website for complete list). Please note that there's no turn-by-turn navigation feature at this point
• Organize your maps into folders
• Notification of new map updates
• Hotlinks to get up-to-date information such as weather, snow report. Requires live internet connection.
S U P P O R T
If you'd like to see a park or place near you use Maplets, feel free to suggest it to us and we'll do our best to add it. Map requests are subject to availability of the particular map.
If you are an institution wishing to publish your map on our system, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For reporting bug, missing map information or feedback, please visit:
What's New in Version 3.8
• You can now pick a colour for pins and paths
• Export a set of notes to GPX
• Improved GPX export
• [iPad] Drag the separator between list and map to adjust the split ratio
• Bug fixes
Maplets Most Helpful
I have used Maplets for three years now and it is still my most useful and convenient app. Maplets continues to get better and better. While it does not track your hiking progress you can drop pins to trace your trail. I use this feature for trail review when home. It also has a marker that shows direction of travel when on the trail , another useful feature. I have access to maps at anytime. Once downloaded i can use them without being connected to wifi or 3G. The maps are with me at all times. Additionally, with GPS enabled, I can pinpoint my location on the maps when hiking-a great feature. Zaia is always updating their database to keep current. If you want Zaia to add a map you can contact them thru the app (or online) to make your request-if it is available they will add it. I have not had any issues with this app and use it several times each week. Love this app!
Love this app. This app is the best for when you are on vacation. If you are planning to visit a national park, theme park, city park, college, or tourist area, you can download the map for that area and have it with you all the time, even when you can't get reception later. You can also get bike trail and bus route maps to help you get around. Get this app and never get lost again!
Great little app
It works well. From my experience is mostly scanned images of existing printed maps. This works well for the most part unless the particular map you're using isn't "gps enabled" and you're in the middle of nowhere without a network connection. In that situation you can still use it the old fashioned way, though.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Aug 11, 2015
- Version: 3.8
- Size: 13.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Zaia Design Limited
- © 2015 Zaia Design
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.