Maplets – The Offline Maps App
By Zaia Design
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• Maplets is the most comprehensive offline map app on the app store, with over 2 million map downloads by our users! •
• More than 10,000 maps in the US and worldwide including Yosemite, New York Subway, London Tube, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, State Parks, and more. •
Maplets is the perfect compliment to Google Maps: You can download and store maps of national parks, state parks, metro, subway, bike maps, ski resorts, college campuses, zoos, theme parks and more! In addition, this is an iPhone and iPad universal app so there's no need to purchase the app separately for all your devices.
You do not need to purchase the more specific maplets apps such as Bike Maps or Metro Maps if you already own the full version. Maplets has access to the entire database of maps.
Please visit http://www.mobilemaplets.com/places to see a list of all available maps. Here are some examples:
P R E S S
▶ Selected by WIRED App Guide as one of the “Outstanding Apps” in the Productivity category and rated it “Buy It Now”
▶ Featured by Apple in 'Apps for the Great Outdoors' and one of the Staff Favourites
NATIONAL and STATE PARKS:
1000+ National and State Parks, including:
• Yosemite National Park
• Yellowstone National Park
• Grand Canyon National Park
... in fact, ALL the US National Parks, National Monuments, National Seashores are available
• State Parks in every state
• Local parks such as Central Park, Prospect Park, Griffith Park …
METRO and TRANSIT MAPS:
300+ Metro, Subway, Bus and Train system maps
• New York City Subway
• London Tube Map
• Paris Metro
• San Francisco Muni
• Washington Metro
… and many more!
BIKE TRAILS MAPS:
500+ maps for bike routes, rail trails, ATV, OHV or snowmobiling, including:
• Los Angeles Bike Map
• Portland Bike Maps
• St Louis Bike Map
• Washington DC Bike Map
• Many rail trail maps
• Even Bike Maps in UK and other countries
… and much more!
And then there are SKI RESORTS, UNIVERSITY CAMPUSES, ZOOS, THEME PARKS … There are just too many maps to list!
F E A T U R E S
• Add notes to any map:
– Add a pin to mark a meeting point, draw a line to measure a distance or add a path sketch a route
- Share your notes with friends or export for backup
– Undo/redo and editing capabilities
• Every map download is free, with a continually updated source of maps.
• High Resolution and Fast – Much faster than viewing the equivalent PDFs on iPhones and iPads
• Once maps are downloaded, they are stored on the device for quick access even if you have slow or no internet connection at the location.
• GPS location for supported maps (see website for complete list). Please note that there's no turn-by-turn navigation feature at this point
• Organize your maps into folders
• Notification of new map updates
• Hotlinks to get up-to-date information such as weather, snow report. Requires live internet connection.
S U P P O R T
If you'd like to see a park or place near you use Maplets, feel free to suggest it to us and we'll do our best to add it. Map requests are subject to availability of the particular map.
If you are an institution wishing to publish your map on our system, please contact us at email@example.com
For reporting bug, missing map information or feedback, please visit:
What's New in Version 3.8.2
Your maps are now searchable in Spotlight! Find and open your favorite hiking, metro or any other map directly from your device’s search results. (iOS 9 only)
One of my favorite apps for hiking
We use this app regularly when headed out for day hikes in Western Ma or anywhere we might be traveling. It's simple and that's what I like. It also works fully offline and supports GPS for many maps. Lots of people have uploaded a myriad of maps that cover overlapping agencies and jurisdictions. This app knows no boundaries. The app will show you if maps exist in your area no matter where you are from a tiny town trail to a large national park.
If the developers are reading I would like to see a few UI/UX improvements.
1. Sorting maps in the downloads list by recently used or downloaded.
2. Better map markers and deal with overlapping markers through a clustering algorithm (see the mapbox sdk for a reference).
Well worth the couple dollars to purchase. Super useful for hiking, backpacking, and traveling- whenever data service is bad or nonexistent or you don't want to waste data/battery life. Love the GPS feature so you can see where you are on the map. Good selection of maps. I hope they become super popular and add a ton more maps!
Maplets - I use it all the time.
Whenever I travel to a new area, I always check Maplets and download all applicable maps ahead of time. What is remarkable is what a vast selection of maps are available within the Maplets app. I also love that they keep the maps updated, and let you know when an update is available.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Nov 23, 2015
- Version: 3.8.2
- Size: 18.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Zaia Design Limited
- © 2016 Zaia Design
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.