• Maplets is the most comprehensive offline map app on the app store, with over 2 million map downloads by our users! •
• More than 10,000 maps in the US and worldwide including Yosemite, New York Subway, London Tube, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, State Parks, and more. •
Maplets is the perfect compliment to Google Maps: You can download and store maps of national parks, state parks, metro, subway, bike maps, ski resorts, college campuses, zoos, theme parks and more! In addition, this is an iPhone and iPad universal app so there's no need to purchase the app separately for all your devices.
You do not need to purchase the more specific maplets apps such as Bike Maps or Metro Maps if you already own the full version. Maplets has access to the entire database of maps.
Please visit http://www.mobilemaplets.com/places to see a list of all available maps. Here are some examples:
P R E S S
▶ Selected by WIRED App Guide as one of the “Outstanding Apps” in the Productivity category and rated it “Buy It Now”
▶ Featured by Apple in 'Apps for the Great Outdoors' and one of the Staff Favourites
NATIONAL and STATE PARKS:
1000+ National and State Parks, including:
• Yosemite National Park
• Yellowstone National Park
• Grand Canyon National Park
... in fact, ALL the US National Parks, National Monuments, National Seashores are available
• State Parks in every state
• Local parks such as Central Park, Prospect Park, Griffith Park …
METRO and TRANSIT MAPS:
300+ Metro, Subway, Bus and Train system maps
• New York City Subway
• London Tube Map
• Paris Metro
• San Francisco Muni
• Washington Metro
… and many more!
BIKE TRAILS MAPS:
500+ maps for bike routes, rail trails, ATV, OHV or snowmobiling, including:
• Los Angeles Bike Map
• Portland Bike Maps
• St Louis Bike Map
• Washington DC Bike Map
• Many rail trail maps
• Even Bike Maps in UK and other countries
… and much more!
And then there are SKI RESORTS, UNIVERSITY CAMPUSES, ZOOS, THEME PARKS … There are just too many maps to list!
F E A T U R E S
• Add notes to any map:
– Add a pin to mark a meeting point, draw a line to measure a distance or add a path sketch a route
- Share your notes with friends or export for backup
– Undo/redo and editing capabilities
• Every map download is free, with a continually updated source of maps.
• High Resolution and Fast – Much faster than viewing the equivalent PDFs on iPhones and iPads
• Once maps are downloaded, they are stored on the device for quick access even if you have slow or no internet connection at the location.
• GPS location for supported maps (see website for complete list). Please note that there's no turn-by-turn navigation feature at this point
• Organize your maps into folders
• Notification of new map updates
• Hotlinks to get up-to-date information such as weather, snow report. Requires live internet connection.
S U P P O R T
If you'd like to see a park or place near you use Maplets, feel free to suggest it to us and we'll do our best to add it. Map requests are subject to availability of the particular map.
If you are an institution wishing to publish your map on our system, please contact us at email@example.com
For reporting bug, missing map information or feedback, please visit:
• iPhone X fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Maplets Most Helpful
I have used Maplets for four years now and it is still my most useful and convenient app. Maplets continues to get better and better. While it does not track your hiking progress you can drop pins to trace your trail. I use this feature for trail review when home. It also has a marker that shows direction of travel when on the trail , another useful feature. I have access to maps at anytime. Once downloaded i can use them without being connected to wifi or 3G. The maps are with me at all times. Additionally, with GPS enabled, I can pinpoint my location on the maps when hiking-a great feature. Zaia is always updating their database to keep current. If you want Zaia to add a map you can contact them thru the app (or online) to make your request-if it is available they will add it. I have not had any issues with this app and use it several times each week. Love this app!
Update: Have used 5 years now and Maplets is still my go-to app. Thank you Zaia for this great app and all your tireless work to keep it the best Map App out there. Update year 6: Everything I said in the past still stands! Best App for me-easy to use, shows info I need, works when I need it, updated regularly. Thank you Zaria:)))
This is a great app that just keeps getting better all the time. I am an avid hiker and lead a local hiking group. I use this app at least twice a week, and have used it to track my progress on a week long backpack in the Sierras. It is loaded with maps of every variety – not just trail maps. It contains airport maps, transit maps, bike routes, you name it. Last year in Hungary I discovered that it had the bus and transit systems for Budapest! Recently I needed a trail map for a local watershed that was not in their catalog. I made a request and they added the maps in a few days. I have found them very responsive. If you can find the map you want as a PDF on the web, they can add it for you, and most are GPS aware and will plot your location. Great app.
Didn't want to pay a subscription for Gaia or All Trails
Just used Maplets today on a 20 mile hike up San Gorgonio. This app is worth every penny of the 2.99. I'd be happy if I'd paid 10 dollars. You buy the app and you can download FREE maps from the app that work with your phone's GPS. Maybe it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of some other apps, but it works when you're out in the mountains and you don't have to pay some stupid subscription to get maps. I'm not trying to map my route for Instagram. I want to not get lost. Also, the draw feature works well to estimate how far you have left to go.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.