Maplets – The Offline Maps App
By Zaia Design
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
• Maplets is the most comprehensive offline map app on the app store, with over 2 million map downloads by our users! •
• More than 10,000 maps in the US and worldwide including Yosemite, New York Subway, London Tube, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, State Parks, and more. •
Maplets is the perfect compliment to Google Maps: You can download and store maps of national parks, state parks, metro, subway, bike maps, ski resorts, college campuses, zoos, theme parks and more! In addition, this is an iPhone and iPad universal app so there's no need to purchase the app separately for all your devices.
You do not need to purchase the more specific maplets apps such as Bike Maps or Metro Maps if you already own the full version. Maplets has access to the entire database of maps.
Please visit http://www.mobilemaplets.com/places to see a list of all available maps. Here are some examples:
P R E S S
▶ Selected by WIRED App Guide as one of the “Outstanding Apps” in the Productivity category and rated it “Buy It Now”
▶ Featured by Apple in 'Apps for the Great Outdoors' and one of the Staff Favourites
NATIONAL and STATE PARKS:
1000+ National and State Parks, including:
• Yosemite National Park
• Yellowstone National Park
• Grand Canyon National Park
... in fact, ALL the US National Parks, National Monuments, National Seashores are available
• State Parks in every state
• Local parks such as Central Park, Prospect Park, Griffith Park …
METRO and TRANSIT MAPS:
300+ Metro, Subway, Bus and Train system maps
• New York City Subway
• London Tube Map
• Paris Metro
• San Francisco Muni
• Washington Metro
… and many more!
BIKE TRAILS MAPS:
500+ maps for bike routes, rail trails, ATV, OHV or snowmobiling, including:
• Los Angeles Bike Map
• Portland Bike Maps
• St Louis Bike Map
• Washington DC Bike Map
• Many rail trail maps
• Even Bike Maps in UK and other countries
… and much more!
And then there are SKI RESORTS, UNIVERSITY CAMPUSES, ZOOS, THEME PARKS … There are just too many maps to list!
F E A T U R E S
• Add notes to any map:
– Add a pin to mark a meeting point, draw a line to measure a distance or add a path sketch a route
- Share your notes with friends or export for backup
– Undo/redo and editing capabilities
• Every map download is free, with a continually updated source of maps.
• High Resolution and Fast – Much faster than viewing the equivalent PDFs on iPhones and iPads
• Once maps are downloaded, they are stored on the device for quick access even if you have slow or no internet connection at the location.
• GPS location for supported maps (see website for complete list). Please note that there's no turn-by-turn navigation feature at this point
• Organize your maps into folders
• Notification of new map updates
• Hotlinks to get up-to-date information such as weather, snow report. Requires live internet connection.
S U P P O R T
If you'd like to see a park or place near you use Maplets, feel free to suggest it to us and we'll do our best to add it. Map requests are subject to availability of the particular map.
If you are an institution wishing to publish your map on our system, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For reporting bug, missing map information or feedback, please visit:
What's New in Version 3.9
• iOS 11 compatibility
• Display and ability to copy GPS coordinates of your location
Didn't want to pay a subscription for Gaia or All Trails
Just used Maplets today on a 20 mile hike up San Gorgonio. This app is worth every penny of the 2.99. I'd be happy if I'd paid 10 dollars. You buy the app and you can download FREE maps from the app that work with your phone's GPS. Maybe it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of some other apps, but it works when you're out in the mountains and you don't have to pay some stupid subscription to get maps. I'm not trying to map my route for Instagram. I want to not get lost. Also, the draw feature works well to estimate how far you have left to go.
Always one of my favorites
This app has been one of my favorite apps since I have had my iPad. I use it often and like that they keep the maps updated. They also have a variety of maps for different areas. If I need to carry a map offline I always look to see if there is one available here. Thanks for a great app.
Must have app!
I used this for the first time last weekend on a off road riding trip in southern Kentucky. The actual trail markers left a bit to be desired and there were a lot of trails not on the official map downloaded into Maplets. The GPS feature was used several times to verify our position which was extremely helpful!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Sep 25, 2017
- Version: 3.9
- Size: 21.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Zaia Design Limited
- © 2016 Zaia Design
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.