Maplets – The Offline Maps App
By Zaia Design
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** ON SALE FOR JULY 4TH WEEKEND! ***
• Maplets is the most comprehensive offline map app on the app store, with over 2 million map downloads by our users! •
• More than 10,000 maps in the US and worldwide including Yosemite, New York Subway, London Tube, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, State Parks, and more. •
Maplets is the perfect compliment to Google Maps: You can download and store maps of national parks, state parks, metro, subway, bike maps, ski resorts, college campuses, zoos, theme parks and more! In addition, this is an iPhone and iPad universal app so there's no need to purchase the app separately for all your devices.
You do not need to purchase the more specific maplets apps such as Bike Maps or Metro Maps if you already own the full version. Maplets has access to the entire database of maps.
Please visit http://www.mobilemaplets.com/places to see a list of all available maps. Here are some examples:
P R E S S
▶ Selected by WIRED App Guide as one of the “Outstanding Apps” in the Productivity category and rated it “Buy It Now”
▶ Featured by Apple in 'Apps for the Great Outdoors' and one of the Staff Favourites
NATIONAL and STATE PARKS:
1000+ National and State Parks, including:
• Yosemite National Park
• Yellowstone National Park
• Grand Canyon National Park
... in fact, ALL the US National Parks, National Monuments, National Seashores are available
• State Parks in every state
• Local parks such as Central Park, Prospect Park, Griffith Park …
METRO and TRANSIT MAPS:
300+ Metro, Subway, Bus and Train system maps
• New York City Subway
• London Tube Map
• Paris Metro
• San Francisco Muni
• Washington Metro
… and many more!
BIKE TRAILS MAPS:
500+ maps for bike routes, rail trails, ATV, OHV or snowmobiling, including:
• Los Angeles Bike Map
• Portland Bike Maps
• St Louis Bike Map
• Washington DC Bike Map
• Many rail trail maps
• Even Bike Maps in UK and other countries
… and much more!
And then there are SKI RESORTS, UNIVERSITY CAMPUSES, ZOOS, THEME PARKS … There are just too many maps to list!
F E A T U R E S
• Add notes to any map:
– Add a pin to mark a meeting point, draw a line to measure a distance or add a path sketch a route
- Share your notes with friends or export for backup
– Undo/redo and editing capabilities
• Every map download is free, with a continually updated source of maps.
• High Resolution and Fast – Much faster than viewing the equivalent PDFs on iPhones and iPads
• Once maps are downloaded, they are stored on the device for quick access even if you have slow or no internet connection at the location.
• GPS location for supported maps (see website for complete list). Please note that there's no turn-by-turn navigation feature at this point
• Organize your maps into folders
• Notification of new map updates
• Hotlinks to get up-to-date information such as weather, snow report. Requires live internet connection.
S U P P O R T
If you'd like to see a park or place near you use Maplets, feel free to suggest it to us and we'll do our best to add it. Map requests are subject to availability of the particular map.
If you are an institution wishing to publish your map on our system, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For reporting bug, missing map information or feedback, please visit:
What's New in Version 3.8.2
Your maps are now searchable in Spotlight! Find and open your favorite hiking, metro or any other map directly from your device’s search results. (iOS 9 only)
Great for reference
To begin, this app is not a topo map app. I use this in conjunction with a topo map app, not in place of one. It is an app which enables you to have copies of the park services' maps available for preplanning or on the trails once you head out. It is really convenient to find a park map on your iPad to plan the hike you want to do and to familarize yourself with the trail as it will look on the park service map prior to heading out. Further, the map is downloaded to your iPhone, which means that it is there for you even if you do not have service. We normally take the park service map with us (old habits die hard, I guess), but there was one time when we were on a long loop hike (12 miles) and about two thirds of the way we realized that we left the map in the car with no cell service (and the topo app hadn't downloaded the map). We were thankful we had the map downloaded into Maplets. We found our intersection and headed on our way. The GPS feature is great and helps recalibrate you if you need it.
One of my favorite apps for hiking
We use this app regularly when headed out for day hikes in Western Ma or anywhere we might be traveling. It's simple and that's what I like. It also works fully offline and supports GPS for many maps. Lots of people have uploaded a myriad of maps that cover overlapping agencies and jurisdictions. This app knows no boundaries. The app will show you if maps exist in your area no matter where you are from a tiny town trail to a large national park.
If the developers are reading I would like to see a few UI/UX improvements.
1. Sorting maps in the downloads list by recently used or downloaded.
2. Better map markers and deal with overlapping markers through a clustering algorithm (see the mapbox sdk for a reference).
First impression: amazing!
THIS is the hiking app I've been looking for! I have a great many hiking opportunities in my area, all of which have their own separate PDF maps. Managing those maps on my phone has always been quite the pain. I've been looking for an app that would show my position on the hiking trail, but all of them I've found so far have been lacking in one way or another. Maplets uses those maps and marries them with GPS information from the phone. Brilliant! Finding and downloading new maps couldn't be easier. This is my new favorite app of all time.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Nov 23, 2015
- Version: 3.8.2
- Size: 18.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Zaia Design Limited
- © 2016 Zaia Design
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.