Map My Run - GPS Running and Workout Tracking with Calorie Counting
By Under Armour
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Track and map every run with MapMyRun. For every mile you go, you’ll get feedback and stats to help you improve your performance. Discover new workout routes and save or share your favorites, and get inspired to reach new running goals with a 40 million member strong community of runners. Whether you’re a beginner looking to log your first mile or a seasoned runner, you’ll find the features and tools you need to stay on track and motivated along the way.
- Named one of the 10 best lifestyle iPhone apps of all time by Mashable
- Featured in the NY Times, TechCrunch, Wired, and TIME
- Voted Best Running App Reader's Choice on About.com
TRACK AND MAP YOUR WORKOUTS
- Get audio feedback on every GPS-tracked run and view the route you took on the map.
- Choose from over 600 different sports to keep a full log of all your activities.
- Use the Routes feature to find nearby places to run, save your favorite paths, add new ones and share them with others.
ANALYZE YOUR PERFORMANCE ON EVERY MILE
- Gain in-depth insights on every workout, with detailed stats including pace, distance, duration, calorie burn, elevation, and more.
- Keep an eye on your progress by reviewing your previous workouts.
- Set personal goals and adjust them as you improve with each run.
CONNECT WITH APPS AND WEARABLES
- Let your shoes do the tracking - SpeedForm® Gemini 2 Record-Equipped Running Shoes automatically track your runs and sync your data with your MapMyRun app.
- Sync your data with the hottest apps and wearables, including Apple Watch, Garmin, Fitbit, Jawbone, and hundreds more.
- Take control of your nutrition by connecting with MyFitnessPal for a comprehensive look at your calorie intake and burn.
JOIN A COMMUNITY OF MORE THAN 40 MILLION RUNNERS
- Stay up-to-date with friends and motivate each other.
- Share your workouts through Facebook and Twitter.
- Join challenges to compete with others, climb the leaderboard, and win awesome prizes.
TAKE YOUR RUNS FURTHER WITH MVP PREMIUM FEATURES
- Reach your running goal with a personal training plan which adapts dynamically to your fitness level as you improve.
- Monitor and analyze your Heart Rate zones to adjust your training based on your goal.
- Keep distractions on your training to a minimum with no ads.
- Create custom splits based on the distance you want to track.
- Access additional premium features on MapMyRun.com
Should you choose to upgrade to a Premium MVP subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.The monthly subscription costs USD 5.99 per month while the yearly subscription costs USD 29.99 per year or USD 2.50 per month. Subscription renews automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. There is no increase in cost when renewing.
Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal turned off in Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. Once purchased, the current period cannot be canceled. Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited if you choose to purchase a premium subscription to MVP.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
MapMyRun is powered by Under Armour Connected Fitness – the world’s largest health and fitness community. The complete suite of Under Armour apps, built to empower healthy and active lifestyles, includes UA Record, MapMyFitness, Endomondo and MyFitnessPal.
What's New in Version 16.4.0
* Improved pairing with the UA Speedform Gemini 2 Record-equipped for a smoother run.
* Real-time cadence data delivered straight to your app from your shoes during your workout.
* Improved Audio Coaching experience during each Training Plan workout.
* Your activity updates automatically to match your planned workout from your Training Plan.
* When you save your latest workout, you’ll see the details of your activity.
* Optimized your activity feed, for a better browsing experience.
* Addressed Facebook login issues.
* Improved stat loading.
* Fixed an issue with some sensors not connecting properly.
* Additional fixes and performance enhancements.
Saved my life. No Really!
First off excellent app. Now the story. I have been hiking the North Umpqua Trail since January. I found myself down to the last 3 legs a couple of weeks ago. My next leg is literally called the "Dread and Terror" leg. I had heard there was still snow on the trail. So I planned to hike to the snow, turn around and come back. Sunny day all Is fine until... I walk right past a Cougar feeding on the dregs of an Elk. The scream that came out of it caused and involuntary puckering of an area that normally does not pucker. I backed away but found myself on the wrong side of trail and In snow. I had little choice but to press on. I hiked in the snow for another 18 miles in tennis shoes till this app showed a road paralleling the canyon I was in. I climbed out of the canyon leaving the Cougar (who had been following me at a distance) behind. I found the road followed it till I got cell service and for the first time in my life...called 911. A Douglas County Sheriff officer came and picked me up at Lomolo Lake Oregon. All said and told 24 miles of hiking, 18 of them through thigh high snow drifts. Got a little frost bite on my right foot and cheated a Cougar of a meal. That said, I am happy as Hell with this app!!! Leo S.
I really enjoy using this app, and I admire the simplicity of its user interface. Although I haven't engaged in them, I like how there is a section dedicated for "challenges" sponsered by companies, particular those that focus on fitness & health like Nature Valley Bar.
Although, I do want to recommend putting in another feature to this app. You should be able to input a set length (number of miles) at which you want, and after running or walking that distance, the application will tell you that your desired distance has been completed. I don't know if that feature is already implemented, but sounds like a good idea thus far. For example: 3.23 miles, and a the app will say "3.23 miles etc. etc."
Great job to the programmers at Under Armor who created this app. I've noticed how much more smooth the app has become after each bug-fixed update. Keep it up!
Mostly Great App
I really like this app, but there are two things that bother me quite a bit.
First - When finish a workout, I want to be able to cut off the end of the workout before committing it. This is because I often forget to turn the app off, and the app records several miles of driving or other unintended activity. Just let me decided where the workout really ended after the fact.
Second - When choosing a route that I have bookmarked, why show me all of the ones that don’t start nearby? What about the one that I recorded and have bookmarked, and that I also ran yesterday which started a few feet from where I’m standing…?
Third - Despite the claimed fitbit integration, I find no evidence of having heart rate in the app based on the watch. Bummer.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Apr 19, 2016
- Version: 16.4.0
- Size: 108 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: MapMyFitness
- © 2015, MapMyFitness Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Monthly MVP$5.99
- Annual MVP$29.99
- Monthly MVP$9.99
- Annual MVP$49.99
- Monthly MVP$7.99
- Annual MVP$39.99
- Annual MVP$59.99