Mapometer.com (short for mapping pedometer) is an international website providing runners, cyclists and walkers with an easy way to measure the distances of their runs, jogs, rides, walks and hikes using Google maps. It also provides training logs, altitude and elevation measuring and the ability to share routes. Used by athletes worldwide as a tool to train for marathons, half-marathons and triathlons and occasional joggers, mountain bikers and sports men and women to see how far they are going and keep fit.
The Mapometer app is designed to be used in association with a mapometer.com account (although it can be used as a stand-alone app). You can synchronize your app with your mapometer.com account to automatically have all of you training data and routes available both in the app and on the website.
With the app you can:
- Keep a list of pre-planned routes for you to follow.
- Use the GPS facilities* of your phone to track new routes or training activities as you do them.
- Manually add activities for which tracking is not appropriate (like pool swims or treadmill runs)
- view your complete training history.
- view details of training sessions including: the Google map for the route; pace, speed and elevation graphs; summary statistics like distance, duration, pace, speed, ascent, descent and energy burned.
- find new places to run by searching among routes in your area that have been saved by other users.
- share new routes or activities with you friends via Facebook, twitter, Google+, email or any other shareable app on your phone.
- plan new routes on our website and then sync to have it available to follow while you train.
*Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Bugfix release for incompatibilities with iOS11
Ratings and Reviews
In its current state it's unusable for me. Ran into a lot of bugs, and it doesn't have the ability to make new routes. Or if it does I couldn't find it. The site is great on PC, but on my iPhone it doesn't work well. I was hoping the app would give me a better interface. Not yet. I'll be changing my review if I try again sometime and it has improved. For now I'm deleting it.
The app would not even let me do so much as tap on the screen to start creating a route. Completely useless.
Every time I try to view route or follow route it crashes. Had high hopes for it!!
- Mapometer Ltd
- 22.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Mapometer Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.