By George MacKerron
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
mappiness maps happiness across space in the UK. It's part of a research project at the London School of Economics. We'd love to have you on board!
*** NOTE: If you're not in the UK, please see http://www.mappiness.org.uk/ for an important message about time zones ***
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- You download the app, open it, and sign up
- We beep you once (or more) a day to ask how you're feeling, and a few basic things to control for: who you're with, where you are, what you're doing (if you're outdoors, you can also take a photo)
- The data gets sent back — anonymously and securely — to our data store, along with your approximate location from the iPhone's GPS, and a noise-level measure
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Interesting information about your own happiness, which is charted inside the app and available for private download — including when, where and with whom you're happiest
- The warm glow of helping increase the sum of human knowledge
WHAT'S IN IT FOR US?
- We're particularly interested in how people's happiness is affected by their local environment — air pollution, noise, green spaces, and so on — which the data from mappiness will be absolutely great for investigating
- We hope to have some results published in academic journals, and elsewhere — whatever we produce will be linked from our website, http://www.mappiness.org.uk
FIND OUT MORE
For more information, visit http://www.mappiness.org.uk, or download the app, open it, and choose 'Find out more'.
What's New in Version 1.1.5
Mappiness now supports full screen size on iPhone 5.
Note: because of changes to Apple's developer tools, the lowest supported iOS version is now 4.0, and the earliest supported hardware is iPhone 3GS.
I love the app, I just wish I could measure my happiness over the few months I've been using the app instead of the previous week. I'd like to see if my happiness is improving over the months.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Oct 18, 2012
- Version: 1.1.5
- Size: 1.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: George MacKerron
- © 2010 - 2012 George MacKerron
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.