MapQuest: Navigation, GPS, Maps & Traffic
By AOL Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get where you need to go with the MapQuest GPS and Navigation app. Whether it’s using turn-by-turn voice navigation for walking or driving directions or looking to discover something new around you, MapQuest has the tools you need to navigate your world.
Map and Navigation Features:
• Up-to-date satellite imagery and live vector maps
• Voice-guided, turn-by-turn GPS navigation*
• Automatic reroutes and alternative route options optimized with real-time traffic updates and road closures taken into account
• Save your home, work and frequently used address to easily get the directions you use most
• Share ETA and location with friends and family
Do More than simply getting directions:
• Search nearby points of interest in your favorite categories like restaurants, gas stations, hotels, etc. with our industry-first layers bar
• Book nearby hotels directly from the MapQuest app
• Browse menus, make reservations and order food through OpenTable and GrubHub
• Save money by comparing prices of nearby gas stations
• View local weather so you can plan ahead
• Car broken down? Directly access on-demand roadside assistance for help
Please Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
*Only supported in the United States and Canada
What's New in Version 5.10.1
The updated MapQuest is like a Swiss Army Knife. Simple, yet incredibly useful. A cut above the rest, so to speak.
New Features and Improvements
• New look and feel for account creation and arrival views
• Easier 1Password login integration
• Helpful parking spot reminder tool
• We squashed a few bugs, too
Works for Me!!!
I have been using a dedicated GPS for years. Also been a longtime user of MapQuest on my laptop. This app has pretty much replaced my GPS especially on short jaunts. Love the way it remembers a string of addys and the great response time. Still has the great features such as alternative routes and dragging the destination icon. No regrets here.
Update: June 1 - Over the last few months this has become one my most often used and greatly appreciated apps. The convenience of use both in and out if the car has made it my preferred route planner.
Best one out there!
I use it all the time and I love it. Very easy to use. One thing I would like to see is a feature to be able to pause the gps when in use. I remember there being a feature like that years ago and then it went away. I would add that sometimes the directions have been off by a little bit. It doesn't happen often and it will still put me in the area. It's still a great app and would definitely recommend it to anyone.
It's got a bug.
I really like this app. I use it as a back-up to my truck-specific GPS.
The ability to create my own POIs is a major plus.
The one detractor is that while on a phone call, the app's audio does not mute. You will hear the lovely female voice mixed with the one you are talking to.
I also like that it has posted speed limits displayed on the screen.
June 4 update: I use this to estimate my paid miles before running a load. The app will keep a list of previous locations eliminating my need to re-enter cities repeatedly.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: May 25, 2017
- Version: 5.10.1
- Size: 64.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AOL Inc.
- © 2017 MapQuest, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.