Get where you need to go with the MapQuest turn-by-turn GPS Navigation app. Whether it’s using voice navigation for walking or driving directions or exploring points of interests on the map, MapQuest has the tools you need to navigate the United States and Canada.
Map and Navigation Features:
• Up-to-date satellite imagery and vector maps
• Turn-by-turn voice navigation for walking and driving directions
• Real-time traffic updates to help you find alternate ways to your destination
• Live traffic cameras to help you plan a safer drive
• Optimized routing that helps save you time, gas and money
• A speedometer so you compare your current speed to the speed limit along your route
• Favorites so you can store locations, like your home and work addresses, for quick-and-easy maps and directions
• Alternate route choices so you have more suggestions to get where you need to go faster
• Route options that help you avoid things like highways and toll roads
• Multipoint routes so you can include more than just one stop
• Planning: create routes starting from somewhere other than your current location
Do More than Get Directions:
• Search and explore nearby points of interest like restaurants, bars, gas stations and hotels, with our layers bar
• Find great hotel deals and book them directly from within the MapQuest: Maps & GPS Navigation app
• Feed your inner foodie and discover new places to eat: browse menus, make reservations and order food through OpenTable and GrubHub points of interest
• Save money by comparing prices of nearby gas stations
• View local weather so you can plan ahead
• Car broken down? Directly access on-demand roadside assistance for help
Please Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Map improvements
• Bug fixes
Thanks for using MapQuest! In this release, we've made improvements behind-the-curtain to help ensure we're providing the smoothest navigation, GPS and mapping experience.
Now, you can continue to be the route planner your friends and family need you to be. Go on and discover new places nearby, and beat rush hour with live traffic updates!
Love our app? Please rate us!
Have a question? Visit us at help.mapquest.com
Ratings and Reviews
Good and bad
The good part was that while traveling there were several accidents that google maps told us would cause significant delays, but couldn’t/didn’t give us any alternative routes. Neither did Apple maps. Mapquest gave us the alternative and even alternatives to that route when it started getting backed up. Neither G nor A gave additional alternatives even once knowing we were on a different road.
The bad part is that the available map size was notably smaller than the others, jumped around more, took longer to get the info, and often the names of roads on the map were too small to read easily, and when the map was expanded the street name often disappeared rather than getting larger and more readable.
I find it easier to follow a map, especially if I’m navigating for another driver, rather than following verbal directions that assume you can estimate distances at 50-60 mph. All 3 of the map apps seem to want to jump to that too easily. I don’t know which did it the most, but I did find that with MQ it was difficult to get back to the map without deleting and then putting the destination back in and then at times it wouldn’t/couldn’t connect easily despite having service.
Oh no! I’m sorry to hear that. We know there is always room for improvement, so we’ll definitely make note of this and share it with our product team to see what they think. If you have any more great feedback or any questions, we’d love to talk. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks! *AW
Too late for turns
I’m an avid Mapquest user because I’m always having to go to different meeting sites for work and rely on this app because I’m always in an unfamiliar area. I trust Mapquest because it has kept me on the right track and on time. However, this last time I had to change my route because of construction and the Mapquest map was not keeping up with the voice so therefore I couldn’t ahead of time be in the lane I needed to be in to be able to make my next turn. Usually I can glance at the map to prepare to get over because of heavy rush hour traffic and can’t safely make those last minute lane switches to turn on time. On top of that the voice tells me to turn when I’m almost past the street I’m supposed to be turning on. This turned a 50 minute drive into an hour and a half drive and almost made me late for a very important meeting. Fortunately I gave myself extra time hoping to get there earlier. I’m a Verizon iPhone 6s Plus user. Not sure what’s going on with Mapquest. Hopefully you all get it back on track. This most recent update is not working properly.
We're so sorry to have let you down this time. I'd like to look into this issue a bit further, would you mind sending us a quick email at email@example.com? *TB
Long time user
I’ve been using MapQuest since before apps existed. When they created their app, I didn’t hesitate and it has never, ever let me down. If I stop somewhere unexpectedly, it recalculates quickly so that I can get back on track in moments. That I can turn it on for long trips and play it through my car speakers without shutting my music off helps too. It simply pauses my music and says what it needs to say. I have absolutely never had a problem with MapQuest service. I recommend it to others and I even use it to help people who are from out of town to figure out how to get where they need to go! Being able to adjust some of the settings is amazing as well! I get to avoid most toll roads, and if I choose to avoid highways completely it can locate which route will work best for me that way as well. This app, and the paper copies before it, have taken me all over the country. I won’t even consider using another service!
WE. LOVE. THIS! Thank you for the amazing review. *FG
- AOL Inc.
- 70.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Indonesian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 MapQuest, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.