MapQuest: Maps, GPS, Voice Navigation & Traffic
By AOL Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MapQuest is your go-to app for live maps, GPS, voice navigation and live traffic updates.
Whether you’re running a quick errand across town or taking a road trip across the country, MapQuest has the trusted directions and features you need for stress-free navigation. Our app can guide you with voice navigation, route you around accidents, and even help you find cheap gas. You can even customize your experience with multi-stop directions, robust bookmarking options, handy sharing features and automatic traffic re-routing. MapQuest is here to help get you where you need to go, wherever life takes you.
With the MapQuest App, you can:
• NEW! Show your team spirit with MLB.com Team Kits. Custom logos, accent colors and saved routes to the game ensure your navigation app is as die-hard as you are!
• IMPROVED! Impress your boss, family, and friends with an on-time arrival with our now, more accurate ETA feature
• MapQuest has all the features you need: voice-guided, turn-by-turn navigation, live traffic updates, location sharing, as well as walking and driving directions help you get to your destination, stress-free.
• Beat traffic with our automatic re-routing feature
• Know your next move, even with spotty cell service. We automatically cache your upcoming maneuvers to ensure you'll see and hear your next turn, even when service drops.
• Bookmark your home and work addresses so you can find your way to either at the push of a button
• Customized layers help you quickly search for nearby points of interest in your favorite categories like coffee, restaurants, gas, and more!
• Advanced search uses your contacts, recent searches, top categories, and nearby points of interest to help you find your destination faster
• Save a few bucks when you click on nearby gas stations and view and compare their current gas prices
• Get map details on the road without a data connection. When connected to WiFi at the time of route creation, automatic tile caching will save your route map to ensure you still have map details without coverage.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Did you know we’re one of the top-rated GPS navigation apps on the iPhone? Join the millions of people that have already downloaded the free MapQuest app as their own personal navigator.
What's New in Version 4.4
• Get punctual! The ETA feature now includes additional traffic data making your arrival time more accurate.
• Hearing is believing. Our new and improved volume slider helps you control audio volume relative to other applications so you're always listening to our turn-by-turn directions at the level right for you.
• Travel smarter! Airport maps help you navigate unfamiliar airports so you won't miss that connection. Simply tap on an airport to access its map.
• Headed to the game? Let our Ballpark Guides help you plan your day with fun things to do in and around the stadium. Tap on any Major League Baseball stadium to start exploring.
• Hungry? Satisfy your hunger with our GrubHub integration. Tap on your favorite restaurant, then the "Order Online" button to order.
• Spend less time searching. We're constantly making Improvements to search and data so finding what you're looking for keeps getting easier!
• MapQuest is our name and squashing bugs is our game.
Terrible map app
Where to even start with the problems this app has as a stand alone navigation app on my iPhone - let's start with it skipping destinations in Multi routing (which would have been it's only stand out feature as in you can not yet do that with Apple Maps or with Google Maps), it's layer feature which would allows you to quickly find things like a hospital keeps telling me that there are "no hospitals in visible map area" which is pointless as Google easily gets you to your closest hospital by simply going to search and scrolling to the hospital button. Sorry MapQuest, I seriously was hoping for a serious competitor that would do things like route planning and optimization but this app doesn't do that either (the desk top version does).
What a disappointment.
I used to rely on MapQuest app, especially appreciate its 3-staged turn direction that executes better than many other apps and dedicated navigators. Also liked its walking voice direction very much. But as its map really sucked and stale traffic data was close to useless, I stopped using it.
The new interface looks a lot crisper. Along with the other promised improvements, I was willing to give it another try.
However, its ads placement is way too intrusive on the screen compared to other ad-supported navigation aps such as Waze. And voice commercials? That's a terrible distraction to the degree of safety hazard.
Additionally, though MapQuest Mobile still has the accurate 3-staged turn signal timing, wording in each stage is no longer as distinct.
One more thing, you have to click two buttons every time you restart MapQuest in order to see traffic layer. How does one think of so awkward a design?
I use this app in preference to "G-----" and the Apple one and mostly like it. I had to turn it off the other day because it talks way too much: it gives three alerts for every turn, after awhile becoming unbearable. Also, the volume was louder than the music app, causing discomfort. This seems to have been addressed in the last update.
The ads have been unobtrusive, but the second I get an "audio ad" the app will be deleted.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jul 07, 2014
- Version: 4.4
- Size: 19.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AOL Inc.
- © 2014 MapQuest, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Disable Ads within MapQuest$3.99
- Red Sox$1.99