MapQuest: Free Navigation, GPS, Maps & Traffic
By AOL Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get where you need to go with the MapQuest GPS and navigation app. Whether it’s using turn-by-turn voice navigation for walking or driving directions, booking a ride through a variety of transportation options (including Uber and car2go), or using local transit*, MapQuest has the tools you need to navigate your world how you want.
MAP AND GPS NAVIGATION FEATURES:
• Live vector maps
• Voice-guided, turn-by-turn GPS navigation
• Real-time traffic updates
• Automatic reroutes based on traffic conditions
• Alternative routes optimized with traffic and road closures taken into account
• Ability to compare cost and ETA from a variety of transportation options
• Integration with Uber and car2go**
• Share ETA and location with friends and family
• Save your home and work address to easily get directions from wherever you are
DO MORE THAN GET DIRECTIONS:
• Search nearby points of interest in your favorite categories like restaurants, gas stations, hotels, etc. with our industry-first layers bar
• Book nearby hotels directly from the MapQuest app
• Stay ahead of storms. View local weather so you can plan ahead
• Save money by comparing prices of nearby gas stations
• Browse menus, make reservations and order food through OpenTable and GrubHub
• Car broken down? Directly access on-demand roadside assistance for help
Please Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
* Transit currently available in Denver and Washington D.C with new cities coming soon
** Where Uber and car2go services are available
What's New in Version 5.6
• We’ve redesigned our Nav Hat (the bar at the top of the screen that shows traffic and your ETA)! It’s cleaner, sleeker, harder, better, faster, stronger.
• Do you ever think to yourself, “Gee, I have so much constructive feedback I’d love to share with MapQuest. If only there were a way I could easily rate the app and submit my feedback once I reach the end of my route.” We thought so! Whether you love our app or you think we can do better we want to know. Look for the prompt at the end of your route - we’d love to hear your thoughts.
• Did your navigation experience go just as you expected? Then we’re doing our job. We’re continuing to make search and data improvements every day so you can explore without hiccups or unpleasant surprises.
• To top it all off, we’ve fixed bugs and crashes from the previous version! Now what’s more exciting than that?
• As always, please share your feedback by emailing us directly at email@example.com.
Never let down EXCEPT WHERE DID MY REVIEW GO???? I wanted my name in print (lol, the jerk)
Of all the apps for directions, especially since I can't drive on highways, MapQuest has always been 100% accurate. I don't have to wonder if I'm going the right way. And she tells me ahead of time, pet peeve is when someone (my a**bf) yells at me after I passed the street I knew nothing about. Deal breaker: I like her voice. She is very calm and guiding without being condescending. I'm gonna name her Quintessa! I like it, I just made that up!! Heehee! Wonder if I can delete this if I hit send?? Oh well, nothing but the truth, just a bit tipsy!! Yay!!!
I had gotten away from using Mapquest for a long time. It had never really worked that well, and was not very detailed. My wife and I took a trip to the west coast, so I tried Mapquest again. To my surprise, I found it to be much improved and very useful. The app screwed up once when it took us to an "authorized personnel" entrance. We got directions from the security guard and found the correct entrance. Not sure how that happened, but it was the only time the app messed up. If you travel a lot, this is a very useful app.
Right address wrong place!
I thought I was pretty happy with MapQuest even though it took me twice to wrong place but at least it was in the same area and I was able to find the right place, till today... I even put the name of the place there and the address matched to where I was going... Well long story short it took me to opposite direction and I found myself an hour away from a place that was 30 min from my starting point!! Even the street name didn't match let along the number!!! Deleting this app from my phone!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jul 23, 2016
- Version: 5.6
- Size: 44.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AOL Inc.
- © 2016 MapQuest, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Disable Ads within MapQuest$3.99
- Red Sox$1.99