MapQuest Travel Blogs
By AOL Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The new, FREE MapQuest Travel Blogs app helps you easily document all your travels and share your memories with family, friends and fellow MapQuest users, all while on the go. Add your stories, photos, comments and more. This easy-to-use app makes it possible for everyone to create their very own travel blogs!
1. Quick & easy registration so you can immediately start blogging!
2. Create a map of your trip, upload travel photos, write stories, and review favorite restaurants, activities and places.
3. Works online & offline so you can document your travels anywhere in the world.
4. Easily update and sync your blog from TravelBlogs.MapQuest.com or any iOS device.
5. Share your travel memories with friends and family via email, Facebook or Twitter.
6. Blog about everything from short road trips to adventures across the globe.
A note to Everlater users: Get this new App to continue your Everlater travel blogs. The MapQuest Travel Blogs app has a lot of new functionality, including the ability to create blogs and chapters right in the App as well as the ability to geo-tag specific restaurants, hotels, activities and more. Simply log in with the email address you use to log into your Everlater account and your new MapQuest password (you’ll get an email with all the details). All your existing blogs will be automatically added to this new App.
The new MapQuest Travel Blogs was built by the same provider of the highly-rated, FREE voice-guided, turn-by-turn, GPS navigation App for iPhone.
What's New in Version 1.0.2
I really want to like it
I really want to like this app. Here are the things that are keeping me from using it.
1. It is nearly impossible to drop a pin at a location. The only way I've found to do it is to drop the pin at your current location and then drag it to where you want it to be (which may be another state). It's quite difficult. This makes it nearly impossible to add entries after they have actually taken place.
2. The dropped pin insists on snapping to known place. This is not what I'm looking for. I may want the pin on a street corner, a hiking trail, or in the middle of a desert. Just allow the pin to drop!
3. You can only select a location that is known to Mapquest. It is quite arrogant of them to assume they know every possible place that you want to drop pin. What if you are at your grandma's house? No way to drop a pin there. It only works for points of interest or restaurants or such. Many categories of entries require your location, so there's no way to enter them without a location. In most examples, people just choose the city they are in and leave it at that because they can't get any more precise with this app.
4. No way to read/use the EXIF data in a photo to pin the place and time of your entry. It would be so much easier if you allowed this.
The website and posting ability look good. I will keep checking back on this app because it does have possibilities if dropping a pin worked better.
Too many bugs in the program:
...difficult to drop a location pin
...cannot create a new chapter without a location
...omits posts randomly (mine and others). Possibly a character limit on responses?
...difficult to use on iPad (better on a desktop) but only had my iPad during my trip :-(
...limits number of pictures in one post (maybe 20?), so have to upload multiple times
Very disappointed, thought this would be a useful travel blog site. Might try again if it is updated.
Positive note, very easy to use
Mapquest Blog App
Many, many problems with this app. I used it a year ago and it worked well with Everlater but now can you spell frustrating? As with the other reviews I am having the same problems, can't drop a pin, need location to do a post and problems with syncing. I too have contacted tech support and had no response. Is anyone even working in tech support. Very poor customer support!! I cannot recommend using this app with all the problems.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: May 06, 2013
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 8.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AOL Inc.
- © 2013 MapQuest, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.