MapQuest: Free Navigation, GPS, Maps & Traffic
By AOL Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get where you need to go with the MapQuest GPS and Navigation app. Whether it’s using turn-by-turn voice navigation for walking or driving directions, booking a ride with Uber and car2go*, or using local transit**, MapQuest has the tools you need to navigate your world.
Map and Navigation Features:
• Up-to-date satellite imagery and live vector maps
• Voice-guided, turn-by-turn GPS navigation***
• Automatic reroutes and alternative route options optimized with real-time traffic updates and road closures taken into account
• Integration with Uber and car2go to compare cost, ETAs and request cars all from one app
• Save your home, work and frequently used address to easily get the directions you use most
• Share ETA and location with friends and family
Do More than Get Directions:
• Search nearby points of interest in your favorite categories like restaurants, gas stations, hotels, etc. with our industry-first layers bar
• Book nearby hotels directly from the MapQuest app
• Browse menus, make reservations and order food through OpenTable and GrubHub
• Save money by comparing prices of nearby gas stations
• View local weather so you can plan ahead
• Car broken down? Directly access on-demand roadside assistance for help
Please Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* Where Uber and car2go services are available
** Transit currently available in Denver and Washington D.C with new cities coming soon
*** Only supported in the United States and Canada
What's New in Version 5.8.3
So much better than Google Maps and Waze. MapQuest always get me to where I'm going. My favorite features are the audio directions as well as the option to either list or show your directions on a map. I also love the preview of which direction you'll be turning next which allows me to move to the lane I need to be in, in advance. Also, really like the ability of the app to start from any location entered then quickly 'catch-up' to your real location. For instance, if I'm in need of directions mid-trip but am unsure of where I am, but still in need of a starting point, I'll enter my home address instead of actual location. Then MapQuest 'catches-up' to my actual location and continues directions from there.
Some reviews mentioned losing WiFi thereby losing directions mid-trip, but traveling up and down the whole East Coast often, it's never happened to me. Maybe that issue is really attributed to your WiFi carrier rather than MapQuest (I have Verizon)? Also mentioned in some other reviews is a reference to app not updating to shorter routes when necessary, however, I've never had that issue.
The only suggestions for improvement would be if police and accident location services (like Waze) were added.
Good-just a little bit sad
I love it 😍 the app works wonders.
The only thing I just went to New Hampshire today,I was only able to get my direction route to New Hampshire, and I was connected to my Wi-Fi 📶when I entered my destination in. The half way their it worked. I had the choice to be able to put in other stops I wanted to go to-for example: if I wanted to go to a gas ⛽️ station, it would have shown me different ones I would want to go to, and the miles until I got there. A little over half way it just stopped working- it wouldn't give me anymore directions until I stopped at a rest stop and connected again. Worked perfectly to my destination. I love it. It's a great 👍🏼 GPS map! I just downloaded it onto my iPhone last night because it said it was internet free and didn't require it. My maps on my iPhone only worked without WI-Fi three times. I really like this app, just need to fix the internet free issue. Other than that I am COMPLETELY ✔️✔️💯💯satisfied with this MapQuest
Needs to align website features with the app
I love mapquest and use it all the time to map my sales runs. My favorite features is the option to reorder my sales stops for an optimal route and the ability to save my different routes into map folders called "My Maps". My only complaint is that the app doesn't feature the optimization option for your route, so instead I have to plan these ahead using the website. And I just realized, after saving all my routes to a folder in "My Maps", the "My Maps" feature isn't even on the app - so I can't access all the routes I saved! Please fix these two issues, it's a minor inconvenience but an inconvenience that can be easily resolved.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Dec 07, 2016
- Version: 5.8.3
- Size: 71.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AOL Inc.
- © 2017 MapQuest, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Disable Ads within MapQuest$3.99
- Red Sox$1.99