By IZE, Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse Google's maps, find out where you are, search the map, manage your bookmarks like a pro, use location-based reminders and see what people tweet around you with Maps+ for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
- Browse Google's online maps: normal, satellite, terrain and hybrid. Explore places, 3D buildings, indoor floor plans, Street View and check live traffic conditions where available.
- Find out and continuously track where you are. Tap on your current location to get more info about your location fix: coordinates, horizontal accuracy, altitude and vertical accuracy (available on devices with GPS).
- Search the map with the help of autocomplete. See results featured based on their ratings and continuously being updated based on your current view of the map. Order the results in a list based on rating, distance and name.
- Add quickly a new bookmark by long-pressing the map. Tap and drag the pin to move it. Choose a colored pin for the bookmark, or hide it from the map. Organize your bookmarks by adding labels to them. Export to and import from GPX your bookmarks.
- See your incomplete location-based reminders on the map and edit them. Create new reminders for any location. Location-based reminders are tightly integrated with the Reminders app.
- See what people tweet around you publicly on Twitter with the ability to filter the tweets. See geotagged tweets from your home and mentions timelines on the map.
- Supports 37 languages and VoiceOver (for blinds and people having low vision).
Maps+ is free to try out, however there are limitations that can be unlocked with a one-time in-app purchase. We are convinced that you will love Maps+, will find it very useful and will unlock these limitations sooner or later. These limitations are:
- Bookmarks are limited to 3.
- Importing bookmarks from GPX is disabled.
- Twitter home timeline, mentions timeline and search query is disabled.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
Best App for Traveling Multiple Places
I work as a traveling nurse, so I have to type in up to six addresses a day into Google Maps. Well, Google Maps only allows you to drop one pin, therefore saving only one address. This app allows you to drop as many pins as you need, it even lets you add notes and reminders! It will save any and all pins, making it clear where this and that is on the map. It uses Google Maps to navigate also. All around a great app, for a low price of $2.99 for unlimited pins. Saves me time, gas and money. Love this app.
Nice new interface, but regression in features.
The biggest differentiator for this app used to be advanced routing, tracking and bookmarks. That's why I paid the money for it. (That and it was miles better than Apple Maps).
But with this major new release, they've taken out two of those major feature categories. The worst part? Directions take you to Google Maps app. Excuse me, but why did I pay $2.99 for you to take me to another app to do basic directions? Because you map my Twitter feed (new feature)? Sorry, but knowing where someone just tweeted a photo of their butterfly whip cream design in their Pumpkin Spice Latte with the latest Instagram filter isn't going to help me get to Carson City. Lame regression.
I won't use this app until they bring back a reason for me to.
In-App turn-by-turn directions
Quick Pin Hide/Show button
Never have I seen a product go so far backward so fast!
It would be really interesting to learn what happened, and what was the thought process for this "upgrade".
The loss of "waypoints" makes this version 1/10th as functional as the prior version. To tell you the truth, this version of Maps+ should have been named Maps-----
I can't see that this product has any more functionality than the basic (and useless) Apple Maps. Definitely NOT worth paying for!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jul 21, 2015
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 12.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: IZE, Ltd.
- © 2011-2015 IZE, Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlock Limitations$2.99