By IZE, Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse Google's maps, find out where you are, search the map, get directions with route alternatives, use location-based alarms, record and edit GPS tracks, scan the map for tweets and export & import your bookmarks with Maps+, the map app with a plus for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
- Browse Google's online maps: standard, satellite, hybrid and terrain. Swipe with 3 fingers up/down on the map to change quickly between the map types.
- Find out and continuously follow where you are. Tap on your current location to get more info about your location fix: coordinates, horizontal accuracy, altitude and vertical accuracy (available on devices with GPS).
- Get online route directions with alternatives. Add transit points (maximum 8) to your routes and get bicycling directions, too. (Bicycling directions are limited to US, Canada, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.)
- Record and edit GPS tracks (available on devices with GPS).
- Use location-based alarms to remind yourself of tasks that are location specific (e.g. to get off at a train station).
- If your device supports multitasking then GPS track recording and alarm monitoring works while the app runs in the background, too. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Find out what people tweet around you and engage with them in a conversation. Log in to Twitter to view your friends' tweets on the map.
- Add labels to your bookmarks (alarms, pins, routes, tracks).
- Export your bookmarks (alarms, pins, tracks) to GPX via mail or iTunes.
- Import bookmarks by opening a GPX file with Maps+ using Safari, Mail or any other app that supports quick look.
- Link to alarms and pins. Open these links on your device to add them to your bookmarks in Maps+. Sample link: http://mapspl.us/pin?coordinates=37.331966,122.030232&name=Apple
- Simple and clean user interface: all features can be accessed via 1 button. You can put buttons on the map for those features that you use frequently.
Maps+ is free to try out, however there are limitations that can be unlocked with a one-time in app purchase. We are convinced that you will love Maps+, will find it very useful and will unlock these limitations sooner or later. These limitations are:
- Labels are limited to 1.
- Pin bookmarks are limited to 3.
- Route bookmarks are limited to 1.
- Route transit points are limited to 2.
- Track bookmarks are limited to 1.
- Track recording is limited to 2 km.
- Alarm bookmarks are limited to 1.
- Importing bookmarks from GPX is disabled.
- Logging in to Twitter is disabled.
What's New in Version 1.3.6
- Search falls back to Google Geocoding API until Google Places API daily rate limit issue will be fixed.
Note: Due to increasing popularity Maps+ has reached Google Places API limit of 100k requests/day. This API powers the Search functionality and this is the reason why the users are seeing "Over query limit" error. We're in talks with Google to increase this limit. Please bear with us. Thank you.
Used it while traveling internationally
Outstanding for international map completeness (Vietnam), and bookmarking specific coordinates to visit later.
I have been traveling through Vietnam, and was frustrated by the nearly empty built-in Maps. What frustrated me the most is that when I tried to bookmark a location to visit later, it would bookmark the general area, but not specific location, so when I returned to the site, the bookmark would put me in a completely different place from the desired location. Maps+, however, appears to use latitude and longitude coordinates, so it precisely marks the desired site. This is especially useful in cities where precision makes the difference between a photo opportunity and a random intersection halfway across town.
Hoping that a future update will include:
1. Downloading of offline map tiles option
2. Ability to search in English in cities where sites are listed in both their native language and English
I don't know what so many are complaining about! This app is wonderful. I use it on the iPad. It will do more than any other app I've tried. I doesn't do turn by turn navigation though. You CAN export bookmarks. It will save tracks. You can select what pins and tracks to be viewable. I even walked the property lines and roads on my hunting club and made a map of it. Marked all the deer stands locations. You can save pins and tracks in different groups. That way I sort them work and personal use.
The onliest app I have found that will let you copy the coordinates, so I can paste it in the app I use for work.
BEST $2.99 I ever spent!!!!
Excellent - exactly what I want!
This app is fast and gives me all that I want from google maps, minus annoying features like map rotation or 3d view. I love maps and tend to zoom in and out rapidly, so accidental rotation is a problem with the new google maps app. Also, this app performs searches as fast as google itself, contrary to what some other users reported. In summary, it is just what some users like me badly need, and I will have paid for it if I had to.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 20, 2012
- Version: 1.3.6
- Size: 8.0 MB
- Languages: English, German, Spanish
- Seller: IZE, Ltd.
- © 2011-2012 IZE
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlock Limitations$2.99