By IZE, Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse Google's maps, find out where you are, search the map, manage your bookmarks like a pro, use location-based reminders and see what people tweet around you with Maps+ for iPhone and iPad.
- Browse Google's online maps: normal, satellite, terrain and hybrid. Explore places, 3D buildings, indoor floor plans, Street View and check live traffic conditions where available.
- Find out and continuously track where you are. Tap on your current location to get more info about your location fix: coordinates, horizontal accuracy, altitude and vertical accuracy (available on devices with GPS).
- Search the map with the help of autocomplete. See results featured based on their ratings and continuously being updated based on your current view of the map. Order the results in a list based on rating, distance and name.
- Add quickly a new bookmark by long-pressing the map. Tap and drag the pin to move it. Choose a colored pin for the bookmark, or hide it from the map. Organize your bookmarks by adding labels to them. Export to and import from GPX your bookmarks.
- See your incomplete location-based reminders on the map and edit them. Create new reminders for any location. Location-based reminders are tightly integrated with the Reminders app.
- See what people tweet around you publicly on Twitter with the ability to filter the tweets. See geotagged tweets from your home and mentions timelines on the map.
- Supports 37 languages and VoiceOver (for blinds and people having low vision).
Maps+ is free to try out, however there are limitations that can be unlocked with a one-time in-app purchase. We are convinced that you will love Maps+, will find it very useful and will unlock these limitations sooner or later. These limitations are:
- Bookmarks are limited to 3.
- Importing bookmarks from GPX is disabled.
- Twitter home timeline, mentions timeline and search query is disabled.
What's New in Version 2.0.4
Adds icon for iPad Pro.
Adds Powered By Google attribution to search results.
Addresses an issue that might cause search error limit for some users.
Bookmarks feature for me makes the +
My wife and I have travelled internationally and the bookmarks feature has been huge for us. Restaurants, monuments, etc we can bookmark (or 'pin it') and we know we have been there and want to return. Want to map out an itinerary? Bookmark the places you want to go in advance. Pass something interesting but don't have time to check it out? Pin it! And the app allows you to export the bookmarks ( all or some). The only suggestion I have for the developers is possibly to find a way to allow bookmarks to sync across devices. Overall we love it.
I love the combination of Apple's Map functionality and Google's data. The app works pretty well, with the following exception: it's impossible to enter information into the app with iPad Pro's Smart Keyboard. The app simply doesn't get that the keyboard is being used. To be fair, Apple Map does the same thing. Hopefully, this will be resolved in either future iterations of iOS or in both of these apps—whichever is responsible for the glitch.
Latest version and no reclamation in advanced features.
The biggest differentiator for this app used to be advanced routing, tracking and bookmarks. That's why I paid the money for it. (That and it was miles better than Apple Maps).
But with this major new release, they've taken out two of those major feature categories. The worst part? Directions take you to Google or Apple Maps app. Excuse me, but why did I pay $2.99 for you to take me to another app to do basic directions? Because you map my Twitter feed (new feature)? Sorry, but knowing where someone just tweeted a photo of their butterfly whip cream design in their Pumpkin Spice Latte with the latest Instagram filter isn't going to help me get to Carson City. Lame regression.
I won't use this app until they bring back a reason for me to do so.
In-App turn-by-turn directions
Quick Pin Hide/Show button
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Apr 25, 2016
- Version: 2.0.4
- Size: 14.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: IZE, Ltd.
- © 2011-2016 IZE, Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlock Limitations$2.99