Mapstr lets you keep track of all your favorite places around the world, tag them, and share them with who you want!
To remember your best spots (restaurants, bars, museums...), your friends recommendations, and to plan your next trip, download Mapstr and build the map of YOUR world!
• Works everywhere in the world
• Create you own places, even in the middle of the sea ;)
• Add tags, notes, and pictures to your places
• Discover your friends' best spots
• Access the places opening hours, pictures, website, phone number, etc.
• Compare route options by Uber, Lift, Citymapper, Waze, etc.
• FOR FREE, NO ADS!
At Mapstr, we believe your places are precious and private: for each of them, you can choose if you want to share it with your friends or not.
Get rid of all the restaurant business cards, notebooks, articles extracts... and join the hundreds of thousands of users of Mapstr, the best rated map-meets-notes app, loved by GQ, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Elle, etc.
• Directly import all your Foursquare or Swarm checkins, your contacts, or your old excel files...
• Steal your friends favorite places
• 3D Touch & Apple Watch
• And a lot more to come :)
We've built Mapstr to enhance you every day life, so please, tell us how you use it!
And if you like it and want to support us, please, give us a 5 stars review, you'll make us more than happy :)
Have you seen the Ryder Cup? It was huge!!! I wonder where all this crowd went after the games, as they were lost in France in the middle of nowhere ;)
I really hope they had a Mapstr map :p
Ratings and Reviews
If you don't live under a rock, this app is for YOU
What a great little app! I found out about the app in a column on the Air France magazine last year and I can't believe how handy it's been since. I travel a good amount and I love tagging great restaurants in every city that I go to, and the ability to share makes it even more handy. Having the option to tag different categories (restaurants, discotheques, stores, etc) also makes it easy to look for all your saved places at a glance, and the list option sorts places based on distance, so if you save recommendations from friends you can find out how close you are to all of them and make a decision based on that. Legitimately very happy, and I wish the developer a lot of success!
I never write app reviews but the team behind Mapstr should know they have impacted my life for the better by developing it. I live in NYC and keeping track of "that one place we went to last month with the great dessert" has been a problem in my life for years. Google is still behind and Apple has no real solution. In comes Mapstr with the radically simple idea of tagging locations and utilizing a strong set of integrations with other services instead of reinventing the wheel.
I'm looking forward to seeing development continue and what other features the team cooks up. There is definitely room for improvement here and the potential monetization strategies in the future will hopefully propel this app forward without intrusive in-app ads.
Features I want:
- Yelp integration; I want to see yelp ratings /
- Public maps; I want to be able to share a map with a friend without them joining; double edged sword for growth I realize though /
- Map-view search /
- Redesigned tagging; the tagging interface could use some TLC from a ux maestro /
- More releases; keep on developing!!
Good But Buggy
This app definitely fills a gap! I love the ability to add any location and tag it however I want. Auto complete searching for a point of interest works great. Here are the issues... Tag colors are light colors with white text - impossible to read. The sharing and invite experience is downright terrible. You can't collaborate on a shared list - you can only view another's account as if you were signed in as that person. Invites don't work right away and cause confusion - especially when the app insists on inviting someone when you're already connected, adding them twice. Initial user name is random and not immediately discoverable, adding more invite confusion. Love the idea though!
Hello Moerrick, thanks for the feedback. You can choose any color you want for tags with a long press on it. We're very surprised by your bad invitation experience, could you send us an email on email@example.com so that we can check together?
- 130.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2014 Hulab SAS
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.