MarginNote 3, all brand new e-reader to better study and digest your books
Integrating powerful tools for book annotation, mindmapping, flashcards and more, to build up your reading notes as never before.
Welcome to MarginNote. This is a highly powerful reading and study software and is applicable to Mac, iPad, and iPhone. By integrating the PDF/EPUB reader and multiple powerful study tools, MarginNote will enable learners to reorganize and connect knowledge from different aspects, then memorize and grasp it accordingly.
Whatever your profession, such as student, educator, researcher, lawyer, or life-long learner, you may annotate and take notes through MarginNote, organize notes via Mindmap and Outline, connect knowledge horizontally via Hashtag and raise memory effect via the Flashcards.
You will discover what MarginNote does is not to simply integrate these tools. Instead, it combines them deeply and skillfully, which makes it easier for users to toggle between different tools.
What’s New in MarginNote 3
* New and Clean UI Completely redesigned.
* Improved performance and Running more smoothly
* Support both Document Reading mode & Study Reading mode.
* Excerpts & Note-taking
* Enhanced Handwriting & apple-pencil support.
* Support TextBox on PDF.
* Support direct text-typing & sketching when editing note cards.
* Support Auto OCR when excerpting on scanned PDFs.
* Emphasis & Cloze
* Support direct emphasis in powerful Emphasis mode both on PDF or Outline.
* Support auto convert emphasis to Cloze in CardDeck.
* Support creating Image-Occlusion flashcards.
* Support both document tabs & split views to switch between documents.
* Auto grouping new excerpts by Document Table of Contents.
* Support new brach display mode: Framework.
* Swipe/Drag gestures to slide in/out Outline & Documents in Study mode.
* Enhanced grouped cut/paste, drag to merge,.. etc.
* Improved search and displaying keywords in results.
* Improved styles.
* View Flashcards in MindMap mode and Document mode.
* Enhanced Anki Export: Card styles, Image occlusions, Cloze
* Enhanced Research web browser.
* iCloud Sync
* Fixed several design issue in previous versions.
* More stable & improved performance.
* Separate categories for Document, Study and Review.
* Recover data from Trash and make data more safe.
* 14-days free trial.
MarginNote 2.X features:
- Support PDF and EPUB format;
Annotating and NoteTaking:
- Support text highlight and rectangular highlight;
- Add notes directly at the page margin; the note editing area will not overlap with the book content at all;
- Text, voice, picture, sketching and many other forms of comments in note;
- Add hashtags to notes to facilitate the connection of notes;
Outline and Mindmap:
- Outline and Mindmap in one view;
- Create Outline tree by swipe gestures;
- Multi-selection editing such as group, merge, clone, etc;
- Quick searching and filtering according to colors, hashtags, books.
- Highlights and notes can be automatically turned into flashcards for review;
- Spaced repetition adopting the Anki-based algorithm;
- Switch to the linking book page at any time;
iPad Pro & Apple pencil:
- Split View of multiple tasks;
- High-precision drawing by Apple pencil;
- Fine tuned for Apple pencil;
- Keyboard shortcuts;
Import, Export and Sync:
- Import webpages and notes from Evernote;
- Export flashcards to Anki;
- Export Outline to OmniOutliner;
- Export Mindmap to iThoughts or MindManager;
- Export to Evernote;
- Export all the margin notes, MindManager, Outline and related PDF/EPUB to a printable PDF;
- Sync books¬es with iCloud;
Feel free to drop us a line!
* Support search view to switch between split view and popover view.
* Support review mode can easily switch to document and study mode, and switch back.
* Support newly added documents to automatically add to iCloud, will prompt users when the size is too large.
* Support card zoom in review mode.
* Improved the problem of large power consumption during handwriting.
* Fixed an issue where some images could not be displayed when Anki was exported.
* Fixed Anki's ability to export multiple image occlusion to generate multiple card features.
* Fixed sync failure caused by iCloud sync when some notes were too large.
* Fixed a bug of drawing select in card edit.
Ratings and Reviews
Bought two weeks ago and had to pay again and no way to use dropbox
Allows copying across a page but sticks in title with page break would be nice to chose page number or our own symbol or nothing. Why are we forced to use iCloud now to load docs? I was using direct transfer from laptop. It’s a pain. My file system for reading is on Dropbox. And the navigation of the side notes is improved but bad design. For example, there’s list mode at bottom which is a nice idea but how do you go back to mini card mode? Reach all the way up (not the same spot where list mode button was) but to the top drop down box. Really? We have to lift our hand up down up down???? I’m unbiased as I’m not used to the old way. pdf text extract is very good (could remove dashes at end of lines as 98% of time the pattern is “letter dash space” Making folders is nice as is moving documents into them. That’s improved. Navigation—really sitting down and working has not improved. Bring back icon for view modes instead of menu and odd idea of study versus document mode. Did you take away export to dynamic html? That was very nice. And looking at doc and rapidly changing tags where is thatI’m confused now how I do that. Mad I had to pay twice. Once for pro and now this version (in 2 weeks). There are some improvements but workflow doesn’t flow as well.
Absolute great tool! Newly refined and even better...
Not often I take time to write a review, but often times dev’s get hit with issues that are minor (meaning they do not take into account ones full scope of the product). One issue affects a person, and therefore the whole product is junk - No.
This product is refined and beautifully thought out. It absolutely helps me to absorb all the reading that must be done. It does this in a VERY enjoyable way. The overall beauty of this software is around ingesting large amounts of reading and pulling out the viable information in order to move on to the next reading. Top notch, worth the cost!
NOW, let it be known that manuals and help is far from available. You have to do a lot of experiential experimentation to get to know this software. I have day by day been finding new features that are exciting, because days prior I would be thinking to myself I need this or that feature... then it appeared. Hahaha, an experience indeed.
Finally...what I’ve been needing!
I spend a lot of time doing literature research for my graduate degree program and I’ve been searching for ways to effectively and efficiently review the scientific literature while also compiling and mapping my notes at the same time. While there is a bit of a learning curve to using this app, this is exactly what I have been hoping to find for my research needs. I am still learning the full features and functionality of this app but it has improved much since the previous version and it has been exceedingly helpful.
Also, I struggle with reading and writing anxiety because the scientific literature is so technical and dense that it’s so overwhelming to take in even in small doses; this app has allowed me to overcome personal anxiety barriers. It is easy to become so actively engaged in the reading/writing process through using this app.
- Sun Min
- 252 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Copyright © 2019 Beijing YunSi Software Technology Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- 14 days Free Trial Free
- Unlock Full $12.99
- Upgrade Full $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.