MarginNote 3, all brand new e-reader to better study and digest your books
Integrating powerful tools for book annotation, mindmapping, flashcards and more, to build up your reading notes as never before.
Welcome to MarginNote. This is a highly powerful reading and study software and is applicable to Mac, iPad, and iPhone. By integrating the PDF/EPUB reader and multiple powerful study tools, MarginNote will enable learners to reorganize and connect knowledge from different aspects, then memorize and grasp it accordingly.
Whatever your profession, such as student, educator, researcher, lawyer, or life-long learner, you may annotate and take notes through MarginNote, organize notes via Mindmap and Outline, connect knowledge horizontally via Hashtag and raise memory effect via the Flashcards.
You will discover what MarginNote does is not to simply integrate these tools. Instead, it combines them deeply and skillfully, which makes it easier for users to toggle between different tools.
What’s New in MarginNote 3
* New and Clean UI Completely redesigned.
* Improved performance and Running more smoothly
* Support both Document Reading mode & Study Reading mode.
* Excerpts & Note-taking
* Enhanced Handwriting support.
* Support TextBox on PDF.
* Support direct text-typing & sketching when editing note cards.
* Support Auto OCR when excerpting on scanned PDFs.
* Emphasis & Cloze
* Support direct emphasis in powerful Emphasis mode both on PDF or Outline.
* Support auto convert emphasis to Cloze in CardDeck.
* Support creating Image-Occlusion flashcards.
* Support both document tabs & split views to switch between documents.
* Auto grouping new excerpts by Document Table of Contents.
* Support new brach display mode: Framework.
* Swipe/Drag gestures to slide in/out Outline & Documents in Study mode.
* Enhanced grouped cut/paste, drag to merge,.. etc.
* Improved search and displaying keywords in results.
* Improved styles.
* View Flashcards in MindMap mode and Document mode.
* Enhanced Anki Export: Card styles, Image occlusions, Cloze
* Enhanced Research web browser.
* iCloud Sync
* Fixed several design issue in previous versions.
* More stable & improved performance.
* Separate categories for Document, Study and Review.
* Recover data from Trash and make data more safe.
* 14-days free trial.
MarginNote 2.X features:
- Support PDF and EPUB format;
Annotating and NoteTaking:
- Support text highlight and rectangular highlight;
- Add notes directly at the page margin; the note editing area will not overlap with the book content at all;
- Text, voice, picture, sketching and many other forms of comments in note;
- Add hashtags to notes to facilitate the connection of notes;
Outline and Mindmap:
- Outline and Mindmap in one view;
- Create Outline tree by swipe gestures;
- Multi-selection editing such as group, merge, clone, etc;
- Quick searching and filtering according to colors, hashtags, books.
- Highlights and notes can be automatically turned into flashcards for review;
- Spaced repetition adopting the Anki-based algorithm;
- Switch to the linking book page at any time;
Import, Export and Sync:
- Import webpages and notes from Evernote;
- Export flashcards to Anki;
- Export Outline to OmniOutliner;
- Export Mindmap to iThoughts or MindManager;
- Export to Evernote;
- Export all the margin notes, MindManager, Outline and related PDF/EPUB to a printable PDF;
- Sync books¬es with iCloud;
Feel free to drop us a line!
* Support for importing web pages in PDF format.
* Web pages in the research function can be saved as PDF.
* Supports quick switching between Document mode and Study mode.
* Optimize pop-up menu location during excerpts.
* Fixed an issue when clicking on overlapping excerpts.
* Improvements to App Trial.
* Rate and Review.
* Speech excerpts.
* Fix crashes and improve stability.
Ratings and Reviews
A Powerful Tool for College Students
MarginNote 3 just won my first app review! Unlike other traditional pdf readers, this one is an absoulte distrupter that really fits college students.
I mainly use it for taking notes on textbooks, slides, and lecture notes. It can automatically create an organized notepage/mindmap based on my notes, highlights and screenshots across different documents. It really saves me tons of time on making cheat sheets.
I'm also impressed with its OCR function as well -- googling a mathematic theorem has never been so smooth!
I absolutely love the concept of this app and have already recommended it to my friends. Thanks for such a great tool! I haven't encountered any problem mentioned in the comments here. I'm not sure if that's because I downloaded this app from its offical site instead of the app store. Really hope the developers could fix those issues quickly and more people find this app useful!
Upgraded from 2.7 to 3 failed
Having purchased the Margin Note Pro, I was initially excited about the new version. I immediately bought the IOS version and started to import all my pdf’s into version 3.
After sometime, the MAC version came out and I quickly installed. But what a disaster. The upgrade verifiation consistenty fails despite mutiple un-installs and re-installs per a brief email from their support team. In despiration I even posted this problem on their twitter feed and received no feedback.
Now the trial license has expired. And at $44 its not worth upgrading in light of this experience. As a result I’ve abandoned the use of the 3.x product on my iPad in favor of Liquid Text.
In-app purchasing does not work
I am unable to use any of the in-app purchasing options. I have MarginNote Pro and wanted to upgrade to MarginNote 3, but that option fails. I even tried buying MarginNote 3 again, paying full price rather than the reduced upgrade price, but that didn’t work either. So I am left with a semi-functional product (not all features work - and no, the Free 14 Day Full Feature trial in-app purchase, also does not work)
- Sun Min
- 189.7 MB
- OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Copyright © 2018 Sun Min. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.